PDA

View Full Version : is dent wizard good?

master7
10-02-2003, 11:39 PM
Got a door ding on driver side- is dent wizard good?

SIxtasy
10-03-2003, 12:06 AM
YES

EViLsneakyDUCK
10-03-2003, 12:56 AM
they are very good. i had a 2-3 inch vertical dent on driver's side door and you dont even know it was there.

btw, im talking about dent wizard

seattlecivic
10-03-2003, 08:02 AM
I bought a ding king a month after I had my car cause some asshole gave me a nasty dent. That crap doesn't work! Okay.. maybe it popped it out a bit after 10 trys... but it is still ugly. I wish my baby was still a virgin. HA HA HA

greenguy
10-03-2003, 10:00 AM
What will it do for this?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid82/pdeaae6f534821b6e2a65c3b0d133e8fe/faebbc94.jpg
I got this when I was up in the beautiful White Moutians in eastern Arizona. My Wife and I heard a LOUD bang/pop on top of the car. Got out and saw this. No one was around, no trees directly above us. People who have seen it in person think that it was caused by a falling bullet that must have been shot from a distance. There is no other explanation of how this happend. :(

getupk1d
10-03-2003, 11:08 AM
Dent Wizard does a great job. On my last car I had a baseball sized dent in the door along with 3 other little digs and all of them came out perfectly. The only thing is that you might want to wait until you get a couple of dings since I think they charge a minimum of 100 per door. My one door had 4 dings (including the big one)and it cost me 150, the other door only had 1 ding and they wanted 120. WTF. Overall though they do a great job :D

getupk1d
10-03-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by seattlecivic
I bought a ding king a month after I had my car cause some asshole gave me a nasty dent. That crap doesn't work! Okay.. maybe it popped it out a bit after 10 trys... but it is still ugly. I wish my baby was still a virgin. HA HA HA

They should be able to get it out as long as the mental is not sharply bent or the paint cracked ;)

DumbNewB
10-03-2003, 06:13 PM
Can someone explain to me what this is? Is it like a place where they take out your dents? Sorry but I guess my name explains it all.

getupk1d
10-03-2003, 11:32 PM
It's a place that does a procedure called paintless dent removal. They are able to take out some dents without any drilling or re-painting. Some shops use a series of suction cups (not the cheap ones you see on various infomercials) or a series of rods with different sized rounded ends to "massage" the dents out.

anjapower
10-04-2003, 07:06 AM
I had 5 dents on my drivers side bumper. One big one right in the middle of the door, the others were smaller dings underneath the mirror. I got them all taken out for 130 at Dent Wizard.

They did a great job. You can't tell i ever had any damage on the doors. I'd heartily recommend them.

DumbNewB
10-04-2003, 11:53 AM
Are they located all over the place? Cuz my car is beggin for some of these dents to be removed.

pLopSI
10-05-2003, 04:07 AM
Has anyone actually tried the method of heating up the dent with a blowdryer or some sort? Supposedly, I heard that if u heat up the dent to soften up the area, it'll jus pop right back out... Anyone have any experience with this???

getupk1d
10-05-2003, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by pLopSI
Has anyone actually tried the method of heating up the dent with a blowdryer or some sort? Supposedly, I heard that if u heat up the dent to soften up the area, it'll jus pop right back out... Anyone have any experience with this???

I've tried heating up the area and then cooling it down with ice and vice versa on my 2002 EX and it did not work.

VividDreams
10-06-2003, 03:39 PM
i work at a major auto auction, and we have Dent Wizzard come in and do work for us, im talkin upwards of 500 cars a day. they take dents out of cars that the lease/rental/or manufacturers bring to us to sell. so yeah, id say you can trust them