PDA

View Full Version : Im not very happy...

k20hatch
10-03-2003, 12:08 AM
Ok the last time i got my tires replaced i went to this place called tire center to get it done. They change all my tires even with the body kit and drop. Ok i go back there this morning to get them changed again and the place denys me and says ive never been there in my life and they cant do it. I raised total you know what. So i drove around to about 8 different places and no one will do it. Im gonna have to raise my coilovers back up about all the way to get the tires changed. I can get the rear raised beacuse ive done it b4. But the thing is i have no clue where to place a jack on the front with the side skirts being in the way of the area to place the jack???:confused: If anyone could help me out on a place to place the jack???:confused: I have the wings west side skirts!! Thanks a bunch hope to hear some info back on this one!!!:(

Chrisbgft
10-03-2003, 12:24 AM
go back to the place and show them an old reciept?

DyNastySi
10-03-2003, 12:38 AM
Try taking it to a speed shop. Or maybe you can do things the hard way and jack up your car and take the loose wheels in. There juss scared to f up anything thats all.

k20hatch
10-03-2003, 12:46 AM
Yeah i kno there scared to do it. It just makes me made i stood there last time and watched them do it with ease and now they wont. Im gonna have to raise the coilovers back up today somehow!

JThrasher79
10-03-2003, 01:22 AM
put the jack on the front crossmember to lift up the front.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
10-03-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by JThrasher79
put the jack on the front crossmember to lift up the front.

and for the rear just look in the center of the rear bumper underneath there will be what looks like a tow hook, jack it from there. unless your car is dropped 12" you can hit that point with a jack no problem.

ep3guy
10-03-2003, 04:56 AM
Drive up on something in the front. I drive up on an old Biology book, then I can fit the jack under there.

idrive
10-03-2003, 05:04 AM
the stock jack in your spare tire well fits under anything... doesnt matter how slammed you are. use two jacks... the stock jack to get the car high enough to fit your floor jack under....
duhhhh:D
have fun... its a PITA i know...

btw.. if the stock jack doesnt fit... DOODE WHY THE HELL ARE YOU RIDING SO LOW TO BEGIN WITH?!

k20hatch
10-03-2003, 01:40 PM
I got the problem worked out. My body shop guy had a rack to put my car on and he took care of the wheels for me for free.