PDA

View Full Version : how to fix scratch marks??

wooman
10-03-2003, 01:33 AM
I found some scratches on the driver's side door panel.... it's pretty noticeable, since the scratch removed the paint... :( I tried using the touch up paint... but it doesn't look good at all... so I wiped it off before it dried up... any suggestions???

civic hatch boi
10-03-2003, 02:46 AM
chipstick followed by a good polish

AkronSi
10-03-2003, 04:21 AM
1.) Find some Langka or Mothers Scratch Remover stuff and try that.

2.) Or, touch up with paint....but don't use the touchup brush. Use a toothpick or something similar to put the paint on in layers. Let try. Then wet sand. Then polish and wax.

3.) Take it to a professional.

TheMutt
10-07-2003, 05:24 PM
If it's through the paint, scratch remover probably wont work will it?

Go with #2 /\,
touch it up, then use wet sand 1000 grit paper. If you don't know what you're doing, just take it to someone that does.

I'm about to have to fix my own door because some inconsiderate ass opened his into mine so now I have a dint and a tiny chip.

ATRIOT
10-07-2003, 05:28 PM
I just got a couple deep scratches from a rock on my front right quater panel. The nicks go pretty deep in, is there an easy way to repair this? should i fill it with touch-up paint?

BluePearl03Si
11-06-2003, 05:24 PM
I make sure I don't park next to anyone if I can avoid it...

A little exercise walking to wherever you are going sure beats looking at a chipped or dented door.

And if you have to park between cars, find two nice ones to park between because their owners are less likely to be careless.

However Bob Fatass with his rusted 73 Cutlass with doors that swing out with enough force to knock down a tree, is the guy most likely to slam it into you. Avoid parking at the ends in busy lots because people can't drive and have a nasty habit of scuffing your bumpers and driving off.

Your enemy is other drivers, and yourself if you open your door into something (Like say...A safety pole at a gas station).