PDA

View Full Version : Honda, the King of Residual Values

bobdobbs
10-03-2003, 05:32 AM
Gotta love this (if you bought your Honda):

http://autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=05876395

Here's a snippet:

"By contrast, a 3-year-old Honda Accord is worth 50 percent of its original sticker. In fact, Honda could be considered the gold standard of the mass-market brands. On average, 2001-model Hondas and Acuras carry residual values of 52.2 percent.

American Honda Motor Co. Inc. keeps residual values high by selling very few vehicles to rent-a-car companies. The company also is fairly stingy with factory rebates. Currently, American Honda is offering low-interest loans to clear out some 2002 and 2003 models, but it has avoided big incentives on its 2004 models.

In place of big rebates, American Honda prefers to offer value packages or special-edition vehicles, says Dan Bonawitz, vice president of corporate planning and logistics. For instance, after the CR-V had been on the market for several years, Honda freshened it with a leather interior.

American Honda's policies keep residual values high. And that, in turn, has allowed it to increase its lease rate this year in contrast to GM, Ford, the Chrysler group, Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. and Nissan North America Inc."

STP03BlueSI
10-03-2003, 05:40 AM
Content Code Required. (that is what i am gettin with the link):blushm: (this monkey looks like he is say oooh)

bobdobbs
10-03-2003, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
Content Code Required. (that is what i am gettin with the link):blushm: (this monkey looks like he is say oooh)

S/B fixed. Thanks.

02TafWhtSi
10-03-2003, 08:49 AM
Thats why I'm on my 3rd Honda.
Wait a minute, 1)2000 Civic Ex coupe, 2)2002 Civic Si, 3)(surprise - stay tuned):D

bobdobbs
10-03-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi
3)(surprise - stay tuned):D

Oooh! OOohh!! I know!!

"Donny, you are OUT of your ELEMENT!"

Am I right? Am I right? :D

IceD out N CALI
10-03-2003, 10:14 AM
yeah, honda doesnt offer rebates like domestics:p

BarracksSi
10-04-2003, 09:34 AM
Yeah, but you can say that Chevy tries to bribe Chevy owners to keep buying Chevy vehicles with their "loyalty cash" nonsense.

If you have to pay your customers to return, then you're not making a good enough product.