PDA

View Full Version : Floormats

enecks
10-03-2003, 09:29 AM
Since I'm not a pro at negotiating, I didn't think to ask my salesman to throw in some floormats after he raped me on my trade. As such, my car now proudly wears some of the crappiest black floormats Wal-Mart has to offer. They're really starting to get on my nerves moving around so much, so I've decided I need some better ones. It looks like OEM mats are running about $65 + shipping, but I found these (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33697&item=2434461609)on ebay for about half as much including shipping. Has anybody purchased any such floormats, and if so are they any good? I really like the red, but I'll probably just suck it up and get the OEMs; they have anchors, right?

JLannoo
10-03-2003, 09:37 AM
1.)The ones from that Ebay link wont fit at all. They are not for our car.

2.)The OEM mats have anchors on the drivers side

enecks
10-03-2003, 10:00 AM
Yeah, I like how they deceptively transpose the front ones to make it look like the driver's mat goes on the left : ).

IceD out N CALI
10-03-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by JLannoo
1.)The ones from that Ebay link wont fit at all. They are not for our car.

2.)The OEM mats have anchors on the drivers side

exactly

enecks
10-03-2003, 04:09 PM
So do I have any quality alternatives to OEM?

chubbychu
10-03-2003, 04:12 PM
nope.

unless you have a staple gun and some staples...or super glue, or....duct tape. lol

Civicvtec1ps
10-03-2003, 11:58 PM
just get OEM., you wont regret. worth every penny

pedzola
10-04-2003, 11:22 AM
Is there somewhere online I can buy the OEM floormats? Anybody have a web site they've dealt with before that they would recommend? I am in the same situation. Just got the new EP today... minus matts. :banana:

Thanks

Brettnyt
10-04-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
just get OEM., you wont regret. worth every penny

Second that, we have some good lookin OEM matts...

Civicvtec1ps
10-04-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by pedzola
Is there somewhere online I can buy the OEM floormats? Anybody have a web site they've dealt with before that they would recommend? I am in the same situation. Just got the new EP today... minus matts. :banana:

Thanks
http://www.handaaccessories.com

i bought my mats from that site. excellent

EricP3
10-05-2003, 06:32 AM
anyone know where you can buy just the hooks for the oem floormats that hold them in place? my salesperson "threw in the floormats for free" but they didnt come with anchors :(

pedzola
10-05-2003, 10:09 AM
Ordered my oem floormats from handaaccessories.com... $73 shipped to CT. They're in california so it'll take a week. I already have crap coating my floor. All kinds of nasty things getting into my car. I'm so much more conscious of dust and dirt now, its going to drive me nuts!

Anyway so far so good w/the floormat order, I'll let you guys know when they arrive. Thanks all.