PDA

View Full Version : I hate to add another "Sold my EP thread" but here it is.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
10-04-2003, 10:14 AM
UPDATE:

Guess who's driving an ep again?

ME.

Stupid Subaru dealership playing games...
Called me today to tell me i wasnt approved for the 4% APR they quoted me so my payment would go up...
I basically told him to eat a dick, and handed the Subaru back...
So now I'm rolling in the ep again! :D

Hey, at least i got to beat the snot out of the subaru for 400 miles and they detailed my ep for me...LOL.

I dunno what i'm going to do now.
I'll probably take this as a "sign" to keep my ep.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
10-04-2003, 10:15 AM
Powered by the same 2.5L Turbocharged/Intercooled engine as in the WRX STI (though slightly detuned):

ATRIOT
10-04-2003, 10:27 AM
huh? So you didnt get rid of it cause you were hard up for coin? Played us all for suckas didnt you. :sadm:

seattlecivic
10-04-2003, 10:28 AM
Well man, its not going to be the same on here without ya. BTW, what kind of vehicle is that?? And why not get the STI???

Brettnyt
10-04-2003, 10:37 AM
nice ride... i still wouldnt have traded the EP for it tho, though it is pretty quick....

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
10-04-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by seattlecivic
Well man, its not going to be the same on here without ya. BTW, what kind of vehicle is that?? And why not get the STI???

I will still be here every day as usual....don't worry.
It's a 2004 Subaru Forester 2.5XT.
My payment is less than EP, I got a deal I couldnt pass up.
Basically I got $15,500 for my car as a trade :eek: and they took off a couple thousand from the $27,000+ sticker price in order to get my payment where I wanted it to be.

As far was why I didn't get the STI, ummm, its a $32,000+ car PLUS a markup, expensive insurance, a ticket waiting to happen, and is smaller inside than my EP.
I wanted a car that had some utility AND good performance while staying reasonably priced.
The 2.5XT just seemed to fit.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
10-04-2003, 10:41 AM
Another pic:

bobdobbs
10-04-2003, 10:45 AM
I hate to see you sell your car, but you prolly fit better in that 2.5 XT. Plus, they're fast as shit. Congrats!

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
10-04-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
I hate to see you sell your car, but you prolly fit better in that 2.5 XT. Plus, they're fast as shit. Congrats!

Yea...Being 6'6" 350 lbs, I get laughed at exiting a honda civic...but honestly I fit well in the civic, just nobody could sit behind me and I was rubbing elbows w/ whoever sat next to me. I do fit a little better in the XT but that's not the only reason i bought it. And yes, it's quick. The 5-speed does 0-60 in 5.3 sec and the 1/4 mile in 13.8. There were no sticks available and i kinda wanted an auto this time around (i'm lazy) but it still feels like a 14 sec. car (SUV?) even with the auto. We'll see, i'll probably be at the strip tomorrow. :D

anjapower
10-04-2003, 11:02 AM
I thought you were having money issues? And the next day you buy a car that's 10k more??:confusem: :confusem:

JLannoo
10-04-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by anjapower
I thought you were having money issues? And the next day you buy a car that's 10k more??:confusem: :confusem:

Well he just got a job recently,So he could have kept the Si. Guess he just wanted something different.

Besides his family has $$$$ He said in a prior post that his Parents picked up a $100,000 plus college bill for him.

SiR Medic
10-04-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by anjapower

:confused: :confused:

Yeah, what's up?

As good of a "deal" as you got, it sounded like you were literally days away from selling the EP... Now you get a $10K more expensive car?

If you were really that hard up for money, why not concentrate on getting some shit paid off instead of going deeper in debt? I mean; what guarentee do you have that this new job will work out in the long term? Not to be a pessimist, but if this new job doesn't pan out, you will be in even deeper than before.:(

Y'know I got the utmost respect for you Adam, but I truly think you shouldn't get too carried away in the "good times" you are now having with the new job. Make sure all of your ducks are in a row BEFORE going out and buying new toys.

As far as the Forester XT itself... It's the ultimate "sleeper car"! Can you imagine some ricer punk rolling up to you, only for you to waste him in your "soccer mom-mobile"!:D It will probably be a fun car to mod as well! Not to mention the added room for your two "puppies".

I hope your financial status really has taken a turn for the better and that buying this car will work out well for you.

Oh, and by the way... "ADAMnQuickFORESTERXT" just doesn't have the same "ring" to it... ;)

Civicvtec1ps
10-04-2003, 11:52 AM
damn you shoulve went with m/t eventhough you are lazy:D
autox
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/pa975a2631def32d5e4e93ceb2f700532/faf735ed.jpg

anjapower
10-04-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by SiR Medic
Y'know I got the utmost respect for you Adam, but I truly think you shouldn't get too carried away in the "good times" you are now having with the new job. Make sure all of your ducks are in a row BEFORE going out and buying new toys.

What he said.

It just seems quite the poor decision to buy another, more expensive car when the money situation is tight. I know that you're aware of your financial standings better than I, but your EP3 was what 6 months old?

It's a poor decision to get rid of a car that quickly regardless of what your financial condition is, never mind if it is in a weakened state.

That being said, best of luck with your Forester. I'm sure that thing will be a demon.:winkm:

2k2_nbp_egg
10-04-2003, 04:57 PM
Lol damn it took me a while to get used to the looks of the ep...then another ugly car to get used to. Oh well, at least it's faster, boosted, and bigger for your stature. Hope your happy with it :blushm:

p.s. i woulda gone with the manual too, awd + 5MT + gobbles of low end torque woulda been fun to launch!!!

ep pilot
10-04-2003, 05:14 PM
Gongrats on the subbie;) I'm not really a fan of Subaru

FailureToStop
10-04-2003, 06:35 PM
Holy sh*t. That car is bad-ass. Car and Driver has this SUV doing:
0-60 5.3 sec, 13.8 sec 1/4 mile.

In contrast C&D has the S2000 doing:
0-60 5.4 sec, 14.1 sec 1/4 mile.

Damn!

sniperSI
10-04-2003, 06:56 PM
that shit is schweeet congrats, like a lowered suv w/ a turbo charger. to sweet,

3 words, BOV BOOST CONTROLER!

02TafWhtSi
10-04-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by FailureToStop
Holy sh*t. That car is bad-ass. Car and Driver has this SUV doing:
0-60 5.3 sec, 13.8 sec 1/4 mile.

In contrast C&D has the S2000 doing:
0-60 5.4 sec, 14.1 sec 1/4 mile.

Damn!

Good luck Adam. And (hint hint) according to this guy we may have to race now :eek:

Lets just say my user name no longer applies :D

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
10-04-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi
Good luck Adam. And (hint hint) according to this guy we may have to race now :eek:

Lets just say my user name no longer applies :D

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Congratulations bro! I *NEED* to see it sometime. PM me.

Getting back on topic, I realize that to many of you trading in my car for a "more expensive" one may have seemed like a poor decision, but really it wasnt. Though I know it's not the best thing to do, trading in a 1 year old car, I WAS OFFERED $15.5K for it as a trade! And I put nothing out-of-pocket and my monthly payment is basically the same (actually a couple bucks cheaper). I'm not "buying" the new one, it's a lease, well not really a "lease", it's that new type of shit where you're basically leasing it but the title is in your own name, its like financing w/ a "balloon payment" at the end, but rather than making that payment you can just turn the car back in w/o paying anything (just like a lease).

Anyway, I know I made my financial state pretty clear when trying to sell my car before, but I hope I didn't give the impression I was in some type of debt. Just couldnt swing 2 car payments plus my $1500 mortgage on wifey's salary alone. I have no other "debts", just your typical utilities, etc. Well, I'm working now, and just got the call yesterday from the job i've been interviewing with for 3 months now, and i'm "supposed" to be starting in 2 weeks (making ALOT more than the $12.75/hr i'm making now).
So things are looking up.
I know there will always be those people here who are angry & look at me like a "trader", it happens everytime I switch car brands...LOL. That's ok and understandable, just respect my decision and know i'll still be here and will always be a Honda lover. Also expect a post in the near future about the "beater" car (Honda of course) I will be using for my commute to the city.

---Adam---

02hatchgrl
10-05-2003, 12:01 AM
Man more and more Si owners are going to Subaru's...Congrats.

gabbman
10-05-2003, 12:09 AM
I only offer this advice live for today but plan for tommorrow good luck adam.

blueiedgod
10-05-2003, 12:51 AM
Adam, I test-drove the 2.5 RS and 2.0 WRX before I got the Si. Both of them transmitted engine vibrations through the shifter and steering wheel. After a half hour test drive, my hands were numb the same way as your feet are if you use one of those vibrating foot massagers. Did they fix that issue in the XT?

02SilverSiHB
10-05-2003, 01:07 AM
nice lookin new ride :)

trk
10-05-2003, 01:08 AM
I dont understand.

You have a $15K+ car that isnt paid off, you get 15.5K for it ... that means your car is paid off.... not that you "get" 15.5K towards the Subaru? -- So the subaru is STILL 25k+ and you lost all the money you put in to the Si? How does this make a payment that is the same as your Si payment? That makes NO sense whatsoever.

?

You are truly "leasing" this car if you are paying the same as your Si.

02SilverSiHB
10-05-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by trk
I dont understand.

You have a $15K+ car that isnt paid off, you get 15.5K for it ... that means your car is paid off.... not that you "get" 15.5K towards the Subaru? -- So the subaru is STILL 25k+ and you lost all the money you put in to the Si? How does this make a payment that is the same as your Si payment? That makes NO sense whatsoever.

?

yeah, I was wondering the same thing

andy
10-05-2003, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by ep pilot
Watch out next year for Mitsubishi's base-trim Lancer, should also stir up some surprising competition.

It's the Lancer RalliArt (Mitsu's Rally team, a la STi). I'm pretty
sure there will still be a POS base Lancer.

Adam - congrats on the XT. That is a baaaad SUV. All you need is
an STi ECU and you should be good to go. ;) Oh, and a front-mount.
Check out nasioc.com if you haven't already - very good forums (40K+).

icegrill
10-05-2003, 03:20 AM
Too bad it's still a Forester. It's a fast "shoe". Thats what grandmas drive in my area who are afraid of slick roads. :*

IceD out N CALI
10-05-2003, 04:20 AM
congrats on the new ride.

like the others i remember ur threads about u needing money and bein out of a job... its all good, but just funny how people use exuses on here to get out of their minivan. like "school, or money, or family exuses":D

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
10-05-2003, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by blueiedgod
Adam, I test-drove the 2.5 RS and 2.0 WRX before I got the Si. Both of them transmitted engine vibrations through the shifter and steering wheel. After a half hour test drive, my hands were numb the same way as your feet are if you use one of those vibrating foot massagers. Did they fix that issue in the XT?

My car is an automatic so i probably wouldnt have that "issue" if it did still exist. So far the only complaint i have is that the "truck" tires are very soft. Once spring rolls around i'll have to throw some new wheels/tires on it.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
10-05-2003, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by trk
I dont understand.

?

I owed $13k on the Si, so thats $2500 in equity, which went down on the Subaru. And yes, it is similar to a lease, with a couple differences, the main one being that the title is in MY name so it can't really be called a lease. Its something most (all) car companies are offering now. If I were to finance it my payments would be more like $550/mo for 60 months as opposed to a little over $300/mo for 48 months (4% APR) with a $12k "buyout/balloon payment" at the end, which i can chose to pay/finance OR just hand them the car instead. It's basically a lease, just setup different.
I got an excellent deal.

eurosteez
10-05-2003, 05:33 AM
I hope there is some nice dirt roads where you live, for the sake of your car. That car craves dirt:D :D :D

Vivid-Cruz
10-05-2003, 05:45 AM
That car looks like a fked up Scion xB .. Fugly IMO

IownAmaxima
10-05-2003, 05:52 AM
man, some of you people are taking it personally, like he *did* something to you by buying a car.... lighten up... like half of you wouldn't take that car over yours if given the chance to do it for the same money

congrats. I think leasing/balloon payments are a bad idea but if you're happy that's all that matters.

ep pilot
10-05-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by IownAmaxima
man, some of you people are taking it personally, like he *did* something to you by buying a car.... lighten up... like half of you wouldn't take that car over yours if given the chance to do it for the same money

congrats. I think leasing/balloon payments are a bad idea but if you're happy that's all that matters.

I agree, Leasing & balloon pymts are a bad idea. If you

bobdobbs
10-05-2003, 07:55 AM

Heck I'm about a month away from a new Murano SE (cloth) I'm keeping the Si, but a lot of people will hate on me for the way it looks oh-well.

Then why were you freaking out because of getting another point for the carpool lane ticket? I thought you said you wouldn't be able to keep the Si if you did. Or, was the Murano part of the equation?

ep pilot
10-05-2003, 08:40 AM
Then why were you freaking out because of getting another point for the carpool lane ticket? I thought you said you wouldn't be able to keep the Si if you did. Or, was the Murano part of the equation?

Yes the Murano is a varible in the equation, The MO will namely be my girls daily ride. But if my Ins goes up than I loose the Si and will have to either get a beeter or her '00 (auto) LX Civic and she gets the MO.... But if it does go down like that she said since we will get the MO she will help me spring for an RX-8 or a 350-Z in a year or two ;)

-Ryan

02SilverSiHB
10-05-2003, 08:46 AM
Yes the Murano is a varible in the equation, The MO will namely be my girls daily ride. But if my Ins goes up than I loose the Si and will have to either get a beeter or her '00 (auto) LX Civic and she gets the MO.... But if it does go down like that she said since we will get the MO she will help me spring for an RX-8 or a 350-Z in a year or two ;)

-Ryan
you won't be much faster if you fork out over 28k for a RX-8 :D those things are slow as shit for the price. get the 350

bobdobbs
10-05-2003, 08:47 AM
Well, I hope it works out for you. Those Muranos are really nice. My wife and I looked at them but we thought they were too nice to load dirty crap in the back. ;)

eurosteez
10-05-2003, 09:26 AM

Not taking the aforementioned personally, but I have always generalized the Forester in the (oreo) segment or for lack of better terms, "what'cha gonna call it" class. Some call'em "cute-utes" etc... Acceleration isn't everything, (IMO) this car fails in three categories, aesthetics, handling, and intended purpose. For what this vehicle was designed to do, I might have considered (a) Nissan X-Terra SE supercharged (b) Honda CR-V EX (c) Used '01 4Runner limited w/TRD supercharger.

Dude, foresterXT will outcorner and outhandle all those other cars, so it doesnt fail in the "handling" category

XT with adjustable Coilovers would be soo sweet.
IMO that car has potential to be a rally wagon from hell. IT could tear shiz up.
Plus room for 2 to sleep in the back.;)

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
10-05-2003, 09:26 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ep pilot
[B]
Not taking the aforementioned personally, but I have always generalized the Forester in the (oreo) segment or for lack of better terms, "what'cha gonna call it" class. Some call'em "cute-utes" etc... Acceleration isn't everything, (IMO) this car fails in three categories, aesthetics, handling, and intended purpose. For what this vehicle was designed to do, I might have considered (a) Nissan X-Terra SE supercharged (b) Honda CR-V EX (c) Used '01 4Runner limited w/TRD supercharger.

Perhaps as the slogan might suggest "I just don't get it" Because this car looks a lot like a Suzuki Areio from behind, and the front end looks like it's trying to bite styling cues from the Toyota Highlander..... All while trying to be low profile like a Scion XB or Element.... I'm confused ....... again long as your happy that

bobdobbs
10-05-2003, 09:46 AM
Aw, come on. These are all nice cars. I'd say the Murano beats the 2.5 XT on luxury/styling/comfort front and the Scoobie swamps the Murano when it comes to performance. Neither car is ugly or looks cheap. Even the Aerio is good-looking in a dorky Tokyo hipster way.

Can't we all agree to hate Explorers?

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
10-05-2003, 10:37 AM
Aw, come on. These are all nice cars. I'd say the Murano beats the 2.5 XT on luxury/styling/comfort front and the Scoobie swamps the Murano when it comes to performance. Neither car is ugly or looks cheap. Even the Aerio is good-looking in a dorky Tokyo hipster way.

Can't we all agree to hate Explorers?

My point was that styling and even performance is subjective.
But I think we can all agree to hate Explorers...just too vanilla.
:p

STP03BlueSI
10-05-2003, 11:01 AM
So are the eye brows gonna go down in price :angel:

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
10-06-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
So are the eye brows gonna go down in price :angel:

LMAO!
Actually they should go UP in price for all the negative comments about my soccer-mom-mobile...HAHAHA...j/p...
Pricing will remain the same...
Though I may do another group buy if there's enough interest...

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
10-07-2003, 09:53 AM
Man forget about acceleration, this cars strength is off road.
F'N kicks ass...maybe i'll get into Rally now...LOL
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/p3260fc97817bcbd8fa155adedbbc8a3b/fae30180.jpg

RockEP_SS**
10-07-2003, 12:14 PM
"Booo this man!" LOL! You would be the last person I'd think of that would sell their EP! Nice car though!

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

bloodzombie
10-07-2003, 12:41 PM
For SUV's, I think the murano is probably the best looking one out there. But I'd take the subaru over it, when you're driving, you only see the inside.

Zero Three Si
10-07-2003, 01:35 PM
That was too much car for him anyway...

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
10-07-2003, 02:02 PM
Guess who's driving an ep again?

ME.

Stupid Subaru dealership playing games...
Called me today to tell me i wasnt approved for the 4% APR they quoted me so my payment would go up...
I basically told him to eat a dick, and handed the Subaru back...
So now I'm rolling in the ep again! :D

Hey, at least i got to beat the snot out of the subaru for 400 miles and they detailed my ep for me...LOL.

I dunno what i'm going to do now.
I'll probably take this as a "sign" to keep my ep.

bobdobbs
10-07-2003, 02:59 PM
Sounds like they're fucking with you. They probably realized you got too good of a deal.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
10-07-2003, 03:29 PM
Sounds like they're fucking with you. They probably realized you got too good of a deal.

Yea, i think it was something like that.
Honestly, I think the reason was that the guy who was supposed to be buying my civic backed out, and once they called the honda dealer up the street and found out what my civic's really worth, they decided to pull this shit (cuz they said my car was too new so they didnt have a value listed in their books).

Because I know my credit's good enough...I got approved for the civic over a year ago, for 6.9% financing and my credit's gotten alot better since then.

They're just A-holes.

bobdobbs
10-07-2003, 03:34 PM
They're definitely f-ing with you.

It's too bad you already swapped the cars. I would have fought it. Posession is 9/10ths of the law.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
10-07-2003, 03:42 PM
They're definitely f-ing with you.

It's too bad you already swapped the cars. I would have fought it. Posession is 9/10ths of the law.

I think if i really was in love with it, i would have told them to just screw off. Nissan dealership did the same thing to me when i bought my Maxima back in 2000 and i told them if they want it back, "sue me, or stop harassing me, otherwise i will bring a lawsuit against your dealership". They should have never given me the car if my credit was that questionable. Ya know?

Don't get me wrong, the XT was a nice car, fast and great off road, but I didnt get that same feeling as when i bought my ep and my maxima for that matter. Now maybe if i chose the 5-speed, i'd still be driving the subaru...lol.

bobdobbs
10-07-2003, 04:02 PM
Yeah, but, it probably would have been easier unloading the XT in a year or two, for a better price, than the EP.

I wonder what they're going to do with a car with 400 miles on it.

bloodzombie
10-07-2003, 04:08 PM
Honda tried doing that to me when I got the EP. They called me to let me know that there was a mistake in calculating my payments and I would have to pay an extra $35 a month. I just told them thats not what my lease agreement says, and they ended up basically begging me to pay an extra $8.99 a month because they gave me a zero lease rate on accident and they'd be losing money. I felt a little bad, but $9 is more to me than it is to a honda dealership, and it was their mistake.

bobdobbs
10-07-2003, 04:19 PM
Sounds like another scam. You did the right thing.

ATRIOT
10-07-2003, 04:27 PM
Good to have you back Adam. :m:

icegrill
10-07-2003, 04:30 PM
YOU= No creditability. I have no job, can't afford ep, get a sub plus job, they take my subaru. :rolleyes: Oh well I didn't really like the Forester? Who is so casual about buying a very expensive item?

02TafWhtSi
10-07-2003, 04:33 PM
Screw em' Adam. That thing may have hauled ass but its looked kinda "strange" to me :rolleyes:

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
10-07-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by icegrill
YOU= No creditability. I have no job, can't afford ep, get a sub plus job, they take my subaru. :rolleyes: Oh well I didn't really like the Forester? Who is so casual about buying a very expensive item?

I don't know what "creditability" means, and if you're trying to insult me in some way, do it straight up.
Like this:
"icegrill" your a fucking dumb ass.
:p :p :p :p

:angel:

eurosteez
10-07-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
I don't know what "creditability" means, and if you're trying to insult me in some way, do it straight up.
Like this:
"icegrill" your a fucking dumb ass.
:p :p :p :p

:angel:

bbwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaahahahhahahaha ROFLMAOOL. holy shit that was funny

Zero Three Si
10-08-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC

Because I know my credit's good enough...I got approved for the civic over a year ago, for 6.9% financing and my credit's gotten alot better since then.

Day-um.....and now they just got done offering 1.9.

They always play that freakin game with people. There are alot of consumers that let themselves get screwed on deals so they think they can do it to everybody.