PDA

View Full Version : Timing advance kit?!?

DrPimpSiR
09-07-2002, 09:16 PM
Does anyone know about this type of mod?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1855906761

sicivic2002
09-07-2002, 10:00 PM
I would be skeptical for only 25cents.:D

esmith13
09-09-2002, 12:57 PM
Sounds pretty straight forward. Basic electronics. it tells your car that the air coming in is colder and denser than it really is, allowing your car to think it can work harder safely.... It seems that your mass air sensor sends a stronger signal to the ECU if the ai is hotter, and this resistor will cut back that signal so the ECU thinks it's colder. A resistor is worth about .05 to .25 cents, and I would definately say that it in itself will cause no harm to your car...

...HOWEVER...

What will happen to your engine when it is performing at peak due to the assumption that cold dense air is flowing into your engine -- when in reality hot thin air may be flowing in instead???

...That's a question for the wrench heads here.....

Any ideas???

madbrain
09-10-2002, 07:12 AM
Fooling your engine into believing the air is cool and dense may cause it to compensate with more fuel. With a normal CAI this is the condition you want, but with the hotter air you may run rich.

02SilverSiHB
09-10-2002, 11:47 AM
I highly doubt it will work. Sounds like bs to me. not to mention making you ecu think the air is cooler opens up the injectors more, making you bog out. Now if you're FI, that's another thing