PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive mods... looking for some things.

pedzola
10-05-2003, 12:31 PM
Not sure if this is the right place for this... but... I'm looking for some small things for my new black EP. Namely:

1) Red Honda emblems for front and back

2) One of those nifty aluminum shift knobs w/the red numbers that everyone seems to have

3) Red and/or black honda seat belt pads

4) Clear side markers to replace those ugly orange things on the bumper =(

5) ephatch decals and/or license plate thingy...

So can you tell me where I can get these things? If you have an answer for one of the above you can just use the numbers 1-5 to identify the item in question. :winkm: Also if theres any other small mods you can recommend, please do!

Thanks in advance!

skooba
10-05-2003, 12:38 PM
i have #2 and #4 for you.

the markers are a pair of diamond style clear bumper lights, i have the extra set lying around because i dont want clear in the back to clash with the red in the tailights, looks tacky to me.

$40 shipped for both. lemme know if you're interested

-steve

TheMutt
10-05-2003, 12:41 PM
Pedzola, I'll give you 5 cents to let me use your avatar :cool:

Oh and check ebay. Ebay owns your mom.

Civicvtec1ps
10-05-2003, 12:50 PM
just check ebay for cheap shiftknob and clear bumper lights.
and dont get #3.

skooba
10-05-2003, 12:55 PM
i doubt you'll find the shiftknob AND the markers for $40 shipped.... but if you do, then take it.

klubhedsi
10-05-2003, 01:10 PM
seatbelt pads are rice!

pedzola
10-05-2003, 01:11 PM
vbp si, do you have pictures of your shift knob, just to make sure we're thinking of the same item? I would definitely be interested.

Again to make sure, these are the clear front-bumper lights that replace the OEM orange bumper lights in front?

e-mail me pedzola@charter.net and send me a pic of the knob you've got, let me know what kind of payment you do and etc, and maybe we can work somethin out.

Regarding "dont get #3" ... any particular reason? I think they look a little stupid, but thats kind of the point. It's just a little bit of fun rice. Have some honda pride! :smilem:

Everyone else, I'd really love to know where to get the JDM red emblems, and maybe an ephatch decal or license plate cover thingy! Thanks!

pedzola
10-05-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by TheMutt
Pedzola, I'll give you 5 cents to let me use your avatar :cool:

teh hedgehog pwnz j00.

Go for it.

Brettnyt
10-05-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by klubhedsi
seatbelt pads are rice!

^ yeah, what he said...

pedzola
10-05-2003, 01:25 PM
OK FORGET I EVER MENTIONED THE SEATBELT PADS :yellm:

JDM emblems? Where to buy? Thanks! :angelm:

Civicvtec1ps
10-05-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by pedzola
OK FORGET I EVER MENTIONED THE SEATBELT PADS :yellm:

JDM emblems? Where to buy? Thanks! :angelm:
http://www.polepositionproducts.com/home.htm
like 60 shipped or seomthng. just go check it out

eurosteez
10-05-2003, 01:42 PM
check out ebay for red H too yo!!

TrippZ
10-05-2003, 01:48 PM
1) Red Honda emblems for front and back (Showstopppers or ebay)

2) One of those nifty aluminum shift knobs w/the red numbers that everyone seems to have (if you dont care about brand name, ebay)

3) Red and/or black honda seat belt pads (ebay)

4) Clear side markers to replace those ugly orange things on the bumper =( (ebay)

5) ephatch decals and/or license plate thingy... (let me know, i can cut decals)

pedzola
10-05-2003, 02:09 PM
Wow there are a lot of shift knobs on ebay. And a lot of them look remarkably similar to this knob I was talking about. Apparently I was talking about the JDM titanium shift knob. (Or this is what ebay would have me believe). I'll assume the others are cheap knock-offs, though aluminum would be just fine for me. I don't think I NEED an authentic titanium jdm honda knob. heh Maybe vbp si 03 can clear up the knob situation for me. :smilem:

Thanks for the tip on ebay. I still can't find the red emblems for the car tho, maybe im using the wrong search words. All I find are these glowing ones that seem real odd and ricey. I will check out pole position.

Regarding ep-hatch decals, you think I could get a window sticker or 2? How much do you charge?

andy
10-05-2003, 02:26 PM
Just an FYI:
I've found that searching for (02, 03, 2002, 2003) civic si seems
to produce the most eBay hits/auctions for the ep3 (use exactly what
is in bold).
Searching for just "civic si" produces a TON of pages and a bunch
of junk to wade through.

skooba
10-05-2003, 02:28 PM
markers: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33717&item=2435413647

knob: http://www.rsversion.com/details.asp?ProdID=227

raiyo
10-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
just check ebay for cheap shiftknob and clear bumper lights.
and dont get #3.

gotta get seat belt pads....after my neck got burned in an accident in my friend's car, you wish u have em.

hernameis?
10-05-2003, 10:47 PM
vbp thanks for the rs version link just saved me 10 bucks

pedzola
10-06-2003, 06:48 PM
Is that knob from RSversion metal? It just says "silver." Is it plastic or something?? Is that a direct replacement for our knobs or is there something else I would need to get/do to make it fit?

enecks
10-06-2003, 06:53 PM
I kinda like that illuminated one myself : ).

chubbychu
10-06-2003, 07:50 PM
i used to dislike the seatbelt pads...but now i wonder why? they arent ricey at all! they are just pads. whats wrong with them?

vivid blue Si
10-06-2003, 08:07 PM
you can get the rsx optional aluminum shift knob it has black letters
but is the nicest one I have had. I also have a skunk 2 shift knob
which has more weight than the rsx one but it is $50 the rsx one was
$35 at the acura dealership. it took less than a week to come in and
it is real nice. dont forget to get a type R shift boot on ebay to make the look complete.

enecks
10-06-2003, 10:01 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but how does the JDM shift boot differ from the USDM boot? They both seem to be rubber and round...

eurosteez
10-06-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by enecks
Pardon my ignorance, but how does the JDM shift boot differ from the USDM boot? They both seem to be rubber and round...
yea and whats up with the leather ones? Are they for the ITR or somethin like that?

bobdobbs
10-06-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by enecks

The difference is the chrome ring at the top. The JDM boot has a rounded ring that lets you use just about any shift knob. The UDSM boot has a ring that slides over the bottom of the USDM leather shift knob. If you change the shift knob, it doesn't fit so good over others.

phatfreeza
10-06-2003, 11:46 PM
okay... i'ma gonna have to defend #3 here... seatbelt pads are cool!!!

me = rice boy :eek:

but like everyone says ... to each his own ! :D

pedzola
10-07-2003, 07:09 AM
I kinda dig these...

Seatbelt pads on eBay #1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33725&item=2435993179)

But maybe red would be cool too.... ?

Seatbelt pads on eBay #2 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42612&item=2435993260)

Where can I buy this JDM boot, and please tell me its cheap. hehe I figured changing my shift knob, front and rear emblems, seatbelt pads, license plate things, altogether would be maybe $100. Startin to look like it'll be that much just for emblems and clear side markers. blah.

vtecnrg
10-07-2003, 07:57 AM
There are a couple of JDM boots on Ebay. They are easy to change and about $45.00. It will help complete the look of the shift knob. I think it is worth th $. With regards to the badges go to optionsalon.com.

pedzola
10-07-2003, 09:49 AM
optionsalon.com gives me a whole bunch of popup ads and not much else. Its certainly not a car parts store...

I will look on ebay for the boots, thanks.

- Chris

bobdobbs
10-07-2003, 10:54 AM
http://www.optauto.com is what you want.