PDA

View Full Version : Got alignment result do i need camber?

Si_Rider
10-05-2003, 03:07 PM
hi bros just got my ep dropped on eibach sprotlines? got an alignment and this was my result.

left front: -0.4 degrees
right front: -0.01 degrees
left rear: -2.1 dedrees
right rear: -1.5 degrees

as my results show, should i get a rear camber kit?

bobdobbs
10-05-2003, 03:34 PM
-2.1 and -1.5 isn't terrible, but I'd shoot for somewhere around -0.5 for a daily driver (-1 in the front). Your bigger problem might be the difference between the right and left sides both in front and back. Ideally you want them within a tenth of a degree. It would depend on how the car felt to you. If you're happy with the handling, these camber specs won't destroy your tires.

02SilverSiHB
10-05-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Si_Rider
hi bros just got my ep dropped on eibach sprotlines? got an alignment and this was my result.

left front: -0.4 degrees
right front: -0.01 degrees
left rear: -2.1 dedrees
right rear: -1.5 degrees

as my results show, should i get a rear camber kit?
the left rear is pretty bad, the right rear seems fine. As for the front, not a big deal, you're good.

Si_Rider
10-06-2003, 02:30 AM
i just installed the springs on saturday and got the alignment on sunday. as far as the handling goes, it feels like stock. my only concern is when the springs settle, will those camber numbers get worse or will they stay the same. because i just bought some new rims adr 86 model flite 4 and will install new tires in a couple of weeks. ill probably get the spc camber kit and just put it on the rears. anybody else think i should put it on the fronts, thanks for the reply guys.

02SilverSiHB
10-06-2003, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by Si_Rider
i just installed the springs on saturday and got the alignment on sunday. as far as the handling goes, it feels like stock. my only concern is when the springs settle, will those camber numbers get worse or will they stay the same. because i just bought some new rims adr 86 model flite 4 and will install new tires in a couple of weeks. ill probably get the spc camber kit and just put it on the rears. anybody else think i should put it on the fronts, thanks for the reply guys.
I think this was from eibach directly, but they say there is no such thing as springs settling in...at least good springs don't settle in. The only settle is maybe in a day when the suspension has full load on it.