PDA

View Full Version : Springs/Coilovers - Newb

Spidey
10-06-2003, 02:25 PM
Guys,

Forgive my newbiness but I need some help on springs. I just want them for cosmetic concerns because I'm tired of the stock setup being so high. I figure maybe a 1 1/2" to 2" drop on stock rims. This car is used as a daily driver.
1)Does the springs wear out the stock shocks more quickly? How long do they last for?
2)My friend advised me that after getting them on, just do a wheel
alignment to stock specs, but it seems like people are getting camber
kits? Is possible to align the wheels to stock specs after getting
springs put on?

I'm more than likely going with Tein springs and heard good things about them. Do they ride like stock because if they are, then it's fine with me.

I also did not realize how many different springs tein carries. What would be the most ideal for my setup and purpose?

Thanks,

Civicvtec1ps
10-06-2003, 02:55 PM
tein s tech springs are great for daily drive imo. i like them. no regret. anyways your stock shocks will be blown eventually. how long? that depends where you drive around. potholes etc... you will need alignment with any drop. although i dont have mine done yet.. its been 2 weeks but im too lazy to go get it done:D

Spidey
10-06-2003, 03:08 PM
thanks,

i know my stock shocks get replaced eventually but if it's in 2 yrs then It's not worth it. My last car, the shocks lasted over 10 yrs.
I don't plan on doing any drag or auto-xing.
I know it's overkill for a daily driver but the wheel gap is getting
too much to bear.

Tein S tech. ok thanks.