PDA

View Full Version : DIY JDM headlights.

phokingphosho
10-06-2003, 07:07 PM
I have a question for those who did their headlights themselves; on the JDM headlights, I think they're a little lighter, is this true? I want to make them look just like the Type R JDM ones. Is there a gunmetal spray paint that would look good for the headlights? I have a white EP3, and was hoping to do this soon. Also, is it hard to do? I'm really afraid of screwing up, I'm 16, and I don't really want to screw up...Alright, that's it for now, thanks a lot guys.

fsugatorbait
10-08-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by phokingphosho
I have a question for those who did their headlights themselves; on the JDM headlights, I think they're a little lighter, is this true? I want to make them look just like the Type R JDM ones. Is there a gunmetal spray paint that would look good for the headlights? I have a white EP3, and was hoping to do this soon. Also, is it hard to do? I'm really afraid of screwing up, I'm 16, and I don't really want to screw up...Alright, that's it for now, thanks a lot guys.

Dont worry, its a piece of cake, i did my car and helped with my roomates 99 ex. Just follow and 'trust' the instructions. My roomate almost flipped out when he saw me put his lights in the oven; like i was trying to turn them into dinner or something. :angel:. As soon as I pick up my new si, that will be one of the first mods I do. I used duplicolor gunmetal, looks great.
As for the JDM color, there are two. The non-hid and hid. non-hid is more of a smoke color while the hid lights are black chrome. Hope that helps.

phokingphosho
10-09-2003, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the response. Yeah, that's what I'm looking for, the more smoked look, your Duplicolor Gunmetal will work out for this?

Tenacious G
10-09-2003, 06:58 PM
where the heck are the instructions on how to do this? i've been looking for the DIY for a while and can't find it. i'm retarded.

phokingphosho
10-09-2003, 07:02 PM
Here's the how-to.

http://www.ephatch.com/projects/headlights.htm