PDA

View Full Version : New way!_DIY headlights!

bsams
10-06-2003, 09:17 PM
I found a new way to paint the headlight housing to look exactly if not better than the JDM ones. It involves "special" paint mix.I will take pics and share screct when I see that it definatley works. I already did it on a test headlight and HOLY S#&T!!!! Ill postr pics asap:D :confused:

ep88
10-06-2003, 09:23 PM
cool, keep us updated :kissm:

03hatch
10-06-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by ep88
cool, keep us updated :kissm:

what he said :cool:

phokingphosho
10-08-2003, 05:12 AM
You almost got it yet man? I'm really eager to see.:D

oogy-boogy
10-08-2003, 07:13 AM
Show them pics please.....:D

ep3guy
10-08-2003, 11:03 AM
Show me so I can sell my real type-r headlights. I need money!

fishboy
10-08-2003, 11:27 AM
does it involve spray tint?:)

Tenacious G
10-08-2003, 11:49 AM
why must you tease like this w/ no pictures and steps????

Accordexcpe95
10-08-2003, 01:08 PM
show us pix already :p :D

bsams
10-08-2003, 06:48 PM
hahaha! I knew it would tease you guys! but have to wait until Monday when my dealership slows down. I'll give you some details the paint mix involves auto quality base black,mo, and alot of reducer. You mist it on in thin coats. The first few coats look clear but after about 3 or 4 it starts to turn black but you can still see the the chrome under it! instant black chrome, same as jdm. I' ve already done it on a catera headlight to get the final mix perfect and it turned out better than I expected. I got the idea from my freind that has an A4 audi. One of his freinds misted his tails with black to give a smoked affect. I'll definately post pics as soon as its done! My body shop bud said any one who likes it and wants it done could send theirs and he'll do it for like 75 or 100$. cheaper then JDMs!:D

ep3guy
10-08-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by bsams
hahaha! I knew it would tease you guys! but have to wait until Monday when my dealership slows down. I'll give you some details the paint mix involves auto quality base black,mo, and alot of reducer. You mist it on in thin coats. The first few coats look clear but after about 3 or 4 it starts to turn black but you can still see the the chrome under it! instant black chrome, same as jdm. I' ve already done it on a catera headlight to get the final mix perfect and it turned out better than I expected. I got the idea from my freind that has an A4 audi. One of his freinds misted his tails with black to give a smoked affect. I'll definately post pics as soon as its done! My body shop bud said any one who likes it and wants it done could send theirs and he'll do it for like 75 or 100$. cheaper then JDMs!:D

Anyway you can give us the "formula?" to this? :D Or better yet, can you pre-mix it for us? I'll order a can. :)

whiteflight
10-09-2003, 08:51 AM
Perfect!!! I was thinking about doing something like that since I like the black chrome look, but couldn't justify the $$ for JDMs. Unfortunately, I don't have time to experiment, but thanks to you, Bsams, I will have JDMness at Pic n' Save prices! :D Details, details, details...

Phil

fsugatorbait
10-09-2003, 09:02 AM
You could try using a can of VHT night shade. I used it to tint my tail lights. Im definately gonna see how that works when i pick up my new whip :crym:

bsams
10-09-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by ep3guy
Anyway you can give us the "formula?" to this? :D Or better yet, can you pre-mix it for us? I'll order a can. :)

I dont think it would come out the same in a spray can, we are using professional grade gun. gun puts out alot more than a can would but I also dont have means of putting into a can.:D Yeah ill hook you guys up with exact mix as soon as its done.;)

Accordexcpe95
10-09-2003, 07:33 PM
can't wait!!! :D

phokingphosho
10-09-2003, 09:57 PM
So you going to get the mix in a spray paint can or...? And how long should this take? lol, just really eager to get it, that's all. :cool: