PDA

View Full Version : Home made intake....Cone filter came off!

02SilverSiHB
09-08-2002, 01:55 PM
Yeap, I popped my hood just to take a look. I had probably been driving around like this for about three days. the cone filter was sitting at the bottom near the steering rod. I was wondering what that sound was when I would turn the steering wheel :rolleyes:
So, I put the stock one on, and now I'm going to look into an injen cai. No more ghetto for me :D
Watch out for those that do this cheap trick. I had tightend it down pretty good. Don't know why it came out. It was a perfect fit. Screw it. Good excuse to get a real one :D

02blksi
09-08-2002, 03:01 PM
BAH! POOR CONSTRUCTION I SAY!! Mine has been on for 1 month now, through long drives, short drives, bumpy boston roads, etc. Its to bad 02silver I had alot of hope for you now you have turned your back on me and stabbed me while i wasnt looking, REVENGE, is a must! ONWARD troops, the homemade CAI is in the works!! --Dictator for the people JOE !

ps- yes im a crackhead!:p

02SilverSiHB
09-08-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by 02blksi
BAH! POOR CONSTRUCTION I SAY!! Mine has been on for 1 month now, through long drives, short drives, bumpy boston roads, etc. Its to bad 02silver I had alot of hope for you now you have turned your back on me and stabbed me while i wasnt looking, REVENGE, is a must! ONWARD troops, the homemade CAI is in the works!! --Dictator for the people JOE !

ps- yes im a crackhead!:p
:D yeah, I don't know how the hell it came off. It was a perfect fit and it was tighten down. Oh well. I notice I have more low end and a little more mid, but high end is kinda gone since I put it to stock

02blksi
09-08-2002, 07:21 PM
just a thought. Even with a REAL CAI which i had on my old coupe, when i would take it off to clean it and then reinstall it i always made sure to use a 10mm socket to trq. the clamp down, using the flathead screwdriver never really tightend it enough for me. Sometimes even with a real CAI i would find my filter laying in my wheel well, but ever since i now use a socket (better leverage) to tighten it i have had no problem. Just a thought -- good luck with the new intake :( -=joe

02SilverSiHB
09-08-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by 02blksi
just a thought. Even with a REAL CAI which i had on my old coupe, when i would take it off to clean it and then reinstall it i always made sure to use a 10mm socket to trq. the clamp down, using the flathead screwdriver never really tightend it enough for me. Sometimes even with a real CAI i would find my filter laying in my wheel well, but ever since i now use a socket (better leverage) to tighten it i have had no problem. Just a thought -- good luck with the new intake :( -=joe
yeah, I used a 10mm socket. I never had a problem with an aftermarket cai. I had one on my civic ex I had before

TrippZ
09-09-2002, 12:37 PM
:/ you lost low/mid end power with the intake?

hmm..

02SilverSiHB
09-09-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ
:/ you lost low/mid end power with the intake?

hmm..
short rams are know for giving more high end than low end. The mid was probably due to the heat.

TrippZ
09-09-2002, 06:08 PM
:/ change your info traitor! lol jp jp.

02SilverSiHB
09-09-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ
:/ change your info traitor! lol jp jp.
:D yeah, I forgot about that :)

02blksi
09-09-2002, 06:36 PM
BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

GO SPEND 200 dollars! TRAITOR!:p

HondaMan
09-09-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

:D yeah, I forgot about that :)

Get the Typhoon Mike! I love it and its about $70 or more cheaper than IJEN or AEM CAI. See my threads or PM me for info on the Typhoon (approx. $142 shipped).

02SilverSiHB
09-10-2002, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by HondaMan

Get the Typhoon Mike! I love it and its about $70 or more cheaper than IJEN or AEM CAI. See my threads or PM me for info on the Typhoon (approx. $142 shipped).
I can't decide. I'm thinking the typhoon will get to much hot air. Or maybe not. It's hard to tell

HondaMan
09-10-2002, 04:41 AM
Nah, I don't think it really gets that much hot air...its actually positioned rather well IMO.