PDA

View Full Version : Qiestion for those with Neuspeed front strut bar

raiyo
10-07-2003, 10:04 PM
Does the bar get in the way of removing the airbox cover? Gonna get that bar soon, but wouldn't want to install it and find out I can't have access to the filter without removing the bar.

EP33
10-07-2003, 11:43 PM
The comptech icebox can be opened without removing the bar.
I did this install with it on.

styllinep3
10-08-2003, 04:51 AM
dont know used a aem cai and is not in the way but the bar kicks ass so muich stiffer . wait till you get the back 2 hugh diffrence

enjoy

EP33
10-08-2003, 08:38 PM
gabesilver02si dont know used a aem cai and is not in the way but the bar kicks ass so muich stiffer . wait till you get the back 2 hugh diffrence

I can speak on the front. . .haven't got the rear YET. Makes additional improvements huh??? Gotta pic?

Front does make a huge difference.

Whoisray
10-09-2003, 12:01 PM
I had installed my intake after the bar was installed. Yea, it was a PITA to remove the stock airbox but a little wiggle here and there should do it

SiR_d1
12-19-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by EP33
The comptech icebox can be opened without removing the bar.
I did this install with it on.

where's the comptech cover? can you remove the cover with the strut bar on?

Peking
12-19-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by raiyo
Does the bar get in the way of removing the airbox cover? Gonna get that bar soon, but wouldn't want to install it and find out I can't have access to the filter without removing the bar.

Just loosen the right side when you get the bar (or if you need to just loosen both sides). How often were you planning on messing with the air box? Shouldn't be a big deal, besides the more you do it. The quicker you become :D

STP03BlueSI
12-19-2003, 09:50 PM
Just yank the bitch out...hahahahaa i am posting while i am drunkk..

I LOVE MY SI!!.

Spazhead
12-20-2003, 12:53 AM
yes you have to remove the bar to access the air box. Put a K&N filter in and you wont have to worry about it for a while, but removing 5 nuts is not that difficult.

Zero Three Si
12-20-2003, 09:15 PM
I've heard this mod isn't even worth getting.

chunky
12-21-2003, 09:55 AM
mod is definitely worth getting.

and it does impede access to the airbox cover and ignition coils/spark plugs.

but I have mine and I love it.

Peking
12-21-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by chunky
mod is definitely worth getting.
and it does impede access to the airbox cover and ignition coils/spark plugs.
but I have mine and I love it.

Love mine too. If it wasn't worth getting, then it wouldn't be worth putting in the RSX Type-S, Civic Type-R, high end performance cars, etc. Don't let the view of a few to sway the majority, don't diss it till you try it Zero :D

Brettnyt
12-21-2003, 10:53 AM
I love my front upper strut bar! I can feel a difference even without stiffer springs.... cant beat the price i got either, brand new, 72$ shipped... I didnt even really thing about airbox access with the bar on... With intake comin for x mas hopefully, i might have to wiggle that sucka around a bit to weasle it out...

Peking
12-21-2003, 11:55 AM
Like your new avatar Brettnyt, getting tired of looking at your ass
:D

Brettnyt
12-21-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Peking
Like your new avatar Brettnyt, getting tired of looking at your ass
:D

Haha, thanks, this is the first time i have changed it in a LIL bit under a year... My last one was on since the day after christmas I think...