PDA

View Full Version : Need Help - Rotor Warping?

HokieSi
10-08-2003, 09:46 AM
I've got 16000 miles on my car right now. When I brake at highway speeds I feel vibration in the brake and steering wheel. What are the possiblilites? I know I could probably take it to honda and get them to try to do some warranty work to it, but i just do not trust honda dealerships anymore.

I know this problem could be caused by many different things, uneven wear of pads/rotors, and or boiled brake fluid.

Should I duke it out with the dealers or blow a wad of cash on new performance parts.

btw, if the civic or rsx type-r comes over i'm going to be the first one to trade in.

sniperSI
10-08-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by HokieSi
I've got 16000 miles on my car right now. When I brake at highway speeds I feel vibration in the brake and steering wheel. What are the possiblilites? I know I could probably take it to honda and get them to try to do some warranty work to it, but i just do not trust honda dealerships anymore.

I know this problem could be caused by many different things, uneven wear of pads/rotors, and or boiled brake fluid.

Should I duke it out with the dealers or blow a wad of cash on new performance parts.

btw, if the civic or rsx type-r comes over i'm going to be the first one to trade in.

Well my pads made it thru 30,000 miles until i needed new ones and i was really raggin them so I don't think your pads should of gone bad, sounds like warrenty work, not much honda can do to say YOU caused warped rotor unless you havent replaced the pads for 3 years or something.

If you don't feel confident with honda dealerships, take an asshole like me with you and make sure they get shit done, I HATE honda service centers, and unless you ride there asses , (or know someone) they rarley get shit done right (no offense to any honda service guys here).

p.s. don't hold your breath for the Type R.

sonic imperial
10-08-2003, 12:32 PM
My rotors warped around 15,000 miles so I went straight to the service manager and they replaced my front rotors for free, no questions asked. I think the rears are slightly warped, but not enough to cause me to have them replaced at this time. I could feel the difference immediately.

mrfixit687
10-08-2003, 01:41 PM
rotors can also be warped by unproperly torqued lugnuts

blueiedgod
10-08-2003, 03:20 PM
I think warranty covers brakes for 12,000 miles. I had mine turned at Honda for free the other day as they started to vibrate when applied.

team ERA 5
10-08-2003, 09:46 PM
i doubt its your brakes....my brother had the same problem with his coupe....he brought it in and said he tore a cv boot....and there wasnt anymore grease in the boot thats what was causing the rough braking....