PDA

View Full Version : honda optional lowering kit

dustinhurley
09-08-2002, 02:48 PM
What's the deal with this? How much is the drop and the cost?

SBC31
09-08-2002, 06:24 PM
Care to give us more info, this is the first I hear of this. Is this your dealer doing this, is it for the Honda Coupe or the Si Hatch???

dustinhurley
09-09-2002, 12:20 PM
My dealer told me about it when I bought my Si. I don't know much about outside that. That's why I'm asking. He said Honda is offering it so people can keep their warranty valid.

SBC31
09-09-2002, 12:24 PM
Then it's probably something they offer and they don't use Honda genuine parts (basically Honda does not offer this). Just a way for them too make extra money.

SmoothOperator
09-09-2002, 12:26 PM
My dealership lowered my car on Eibach Sportlines, and that didn't void my warranty. This "Honda Optional" lowering kit is probably just the same thing.

dustinhurley
09-11-2002, 12:38 PM
I'll look into it. If I recall correctly, it was only an inch drop, but I believe it included springs and shocks. If it is true, it is probably rediculously expensive.

madbrain
09-11-2002, 06:49 PM
The CTR is a little bit lower than the Si, perhaps the dealer is installing CTR springs to attain the drop. Just a thought.

sonic imperial
09-13-2002, 07:05 AM
Did anyone find out the truth on what this is about?

JSIR
09-13-2002, 04:04 PM
Honda is coming out with suspension performance parts for the Civic and RSX at least that I know of. They sell it as a performance package, it is very expensive, but they are custom made parts by Honda engineers. I didn't see if it applied to the Si, I seen it for the regular Civic and RSX. Dont know about availablity dates, but should be coming soon. The best parts seem to be spring and shock package, other stuff like body kit and wheels are available too.

00sir
09-17-2002, 12:18 PM
Honda cars of Mckinney offered the performance package to me...

It can cost all the way up to 9000.00.

But to lower the car (springs and shocks) it costs $3000.00

yes that is 3 thousand dollars.. that is why I said Heeeeeeeeeelllllllll no...

Anyways they offer euro clears, different shifters and knobs, dash kits, wheels, tires, wings, etc...

Way to expensive.

And the guy told me the springs and shocks were made by
eibach.

Take Care...

sonic imperial
09-17-2002, 12:45 PM
$3000 is outlandish. That's a huge ripoff. What a way for them to make money!

yomamaInMySi
09-17-2002, 12:55 PM
Yes but there's a high probability that people will buy it because, it's install by a Honda dealer, and their selling point will be that "Look it won't void your warranty". Dealers are in the business of making money, not being nice to people. And I seriously doubt is a Honda design/made product, they don't have time to bs around making performance parts. That Honda probably endorse the aftermarket product is a different story. My dealer had an Si on their show room with a set of Nippon wheels (I can't recall the model, but it was a five spoke) 17" and the sales person tell me "Yes Honda approved these wheels for their car" and I said in mind "There's a high probability that you my friend are full of shit", but in reality I told him "Really!!!"

What a rip off though!:D

JoshSI
09-17-2002, 03:26 PM
The only way a dealership can void your warranty is if they can PROVE that it was that aftermarket part that screwed up your car when it has a problem other then that! MOD OUT BROTHAS!!!!!!