PDA

View Full Version : what is up with our suspension???

1abSi
10-08-2003, 12:39 PM
it seems like for everysingle successful suspension upgrade (ie springs, coilovers, and such) there seems to be a bad one to even it out....why is that? why can't this shit just work. last i looked there were 4 threads about problems on the first page...with the old dbl wishbone setup i had NEVER seen this many problems unless the people who installed them were complete fucktards....and it can't be that our shocks can't handle it, i know they can....i had a 93 civic lowered on neuspeed race with stock shocks and they were fine...and then a 00dx lowered on neuspeed sport for over three years with stock shocks, it was fine too...never any problems...no noise or anything... then for eveyone that says, that our shocks are the same as the CTR, then why are people still having problems with the Prokit? it just doesn't make any sense that we are having so many problems....damnit honda....ok i feel a little better

sniperSI
10-08-2003, 12:45 PM
Same shocks but not Identical, they have different damper rates and sit lower on stock springs. (I think like 50 mm or something close 2 that.)

I never had any problems with my setup, but i only dropped it 1.5 inchs all around (neuspeed) they don't make any noise and the ride is firm, not bounce now. I can feel more body roll though, the shocks are not as tight as they used to be on the stock setup. But hmmm, sounds like a raw deal, take a flame thrower to honda hq.

edit: i'm going on 30,000miles on a 1.5 inch drop and stock shocks.

1abSi
10-08-2003, 12:48 PM
ok that makes sense as far as diff damper...so would it be possible for us to swap in the CTR stuff without the five lug conversion too?

02TafWhtSi
10-08-2003, 03:55 PM
My OEM shocks lasted about 14 months with the Pro-kits. It just became unbearably bouncy. :rolleyes: