PDA

View Full Version : Would you Trade Ep for this?

n8s si
10-08-2003, 06:39 PM
Hardtop conv Tiberon. Expected in 2005 I think I need one.

n8s si
10-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Another Pic

psylovibe
10-08-2003, 06:42 PM
hard top convertable! damn hyundai is going all out!

513n179
10-08-2003, 06:44 PM
i'm thinking of trading in my EP in a few years for a mercedes.

02TafWhtSi
10-08-2003, 06:47 PM
Looks sweet! Just upgrade that V6 to over 200 hp and Hyundai has a winner :)

SiR Medic
10-08-2003, 06:49 PM
I gotta admit...

That thing looks SWEET!

IceD out N CALI
10-08-2003, 06:56 PM
no thanks

bobdobbs
10-08-2003, 06:57 PM
chick car

Civicvtec1ps
10-08-2003, 06:58 PM
test drove tiburon. its nice car. i dig it

n8s si
10-08-2003, 07:09 PM
I test drove one before i got my si. My thoughts is that if i wanted to spend 20+ grand (which i didnt) i would by the rsx, based solely on resale alone. I still love the si, but to be honest im kinda getting bored.

RiceCzechs
10-08-2003, 07:18 PM
Looks good from the front and the back, but side-on, esp. with the top up, the Tib convertible concept is almost homely. That said, I still like it quite a bit (I pondered buying the coupe before I got the EP), and I'm a sucker for topless rides. :D

Brettnyt
10-08-2003, 07:22 PM
Damn, i must say, that looks pretty hot... But still, i wouldnt buy a hyundai.... Nice post!

Edit: Kinda reminds me of the new viper....

siver-SI
10-08-2003, 07:33 PM
I test drove one too before getting my EP. I just had one big problem with it and that was a 36" inseam. I just could not fit into the car. :(

I wanted the full out model in black. Test drove it love the sound system the looks and even what was under the hood but I just could not fit. I still kind of wish I could have gotten it but I got my EP and I love it and I love this board so I am still one very happy guy.

bobdobbs
10-08-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by n8s si
I still love the si, but to be honest im kinda getting bored.

Driving the same car every day will do that. It doesn't matter what you drive. If you can swing it, get yourself an old sports or muscle car. It doesn't have to be reliable, or in perfect shape, since you've always got your EP3. Just something cheap but fun to drive for a change of pace.

1 fstr si
10-08-2003, 07:49 PM
that first pic kinda makes it look like an 03 viper. u kno, the character lines and stuff. does anyone else see it?

bobdobbs
10-08-2003, 07:59 PM
Yeah, I see it.

shimmy_yaz
10-08-2003, 07:59 PM
yeah it does look like a viper. Tibs are coming along way and as far as that goes so is hyuandai for that matter. They are still a fairly young company and all great things take tiem so it will be interesting to watch the progression. My friend has an 03 tib coupe and it pulls hard on my SI so they have some power.

03EP3Si
10-09-2003, 06:05 AM
Nice but i dont like Hyundai :p and plus we are faster anyway:D

Slapshot25
10-09-2003, 06:38 AM
When I was looking to buy a new "affordable" but sporty car, I considered the new style Tiberon GT. It's a nice looking car and the price was nice. It kinda reminded me of the older style Supra. Bottom line is once I saw the interior and really questioned the fact that it was a Hyundai I just couldn't do it. I think the convertable looks sharp though!

Zero Three Si
10-09-2003, 07:24 AM
My Ep is with me for the next 10 years.

blueiedgod
10-09-2003, 08:21 AM
I think the current Tiburon and the hard top flip-top version look like Hyundai paid Pinninfarina or someone at Italdesign studio to re-do the skin on the Tiburon. But the sad fact that underneath it is still the same Hyundai platform remains. A V6 Tiburon with manual tranny is comparable to Si in terms of straight line acceleration. But it is a friggin V6, so it better be comparable to Honda's 4 cylinder.

whiteflight
10-09-2003, 08:36 AM
I like the design and idea, but not Hyundai manufacturing and engineering. If it was made by Honda or Toyota, I'll be all over it. I'm not a Honda/Toyota nut, but their cars fit my budget and quality expectations. But hopefully Hyundai will soon prove me wrong about their quality and engineering...

todaCspec
10-09-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by 513n179
i'm thinking of trading in my EP in a few years for a mercedes.

Oh yes, can't go wrong w/bling,bling. The car that says "YES" , I've got money,so get out of my way.;)

todaCspec
10-09-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by whiteflight
I like the design and idea, but not Hyundai manufacturing and engineering. If it was made by Honda or Toyota, I'll be all over it. I'm not a Honda/Toyota nut, but their cars fit my budget and quality expectations. But hopefully Hyundai will soon prove me wrong about their quality and engineering...

I think they have proven to be a much better car company now as opposed to when they first came out in the 80's. Their one of the few car companies that offer a ten year/100 mile warranty.

When the SHARK(tib) is hooked up, kinda reminds me of the Supra. Hard top convertible is a big plus.

civicSIracer
10-09-2003, 10:30 AM
never.. ugly imo

02hatchgrl
10-09-2003, 11:03 AM
hell no. just because it's a Hyundai.

Tenacious G
10-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by todaCspec
I think they have proven to be a much better car company now as opposed to when they first came out in the 80's. Their one of the few car companies that offer a ten year/100 mile warranty.

they offer that kind of warranty because they know their customers will need it.

i agree that hyundai has made good strides in their craftsmanship and engineering, they still have a LONG way to go before they could even touch Honda, Toyota or Nissan in terms of reliability and engineering.

for that reason, i steer clear of hyundai

bratkat64
10-09-2003, 01:33 PM
I'd do some research before ever considering getting one. I do like the way their designs have come since the Tibby was released. It's reliablity left me with some doubt when I test drove an 03 GT.

Talk to people who have some of the older models and check on recalls for the new and the older models so that you know what you will be getting into. The newer ones haven't been around long enough to know how reliable they are just yet. I know my ep hasn't as well, but at least Honda has years of quality behind it's name as of right now. Hyundai still has a lot of stairs to climb.

Hyundai Recalls (http://www.safetyalerts.com/rcls/category/autosub/h-i.htm)
Hyundai Recalls (Diff site w/specifics) (http://www.mycarstats.com/console.asp?tb=r&mmmakes=HYUNDAI&mmmodels=TIBURON&year=2003#ReportViewer)

Also check consumer complaints. It's helpful to know what might go wrong in certain cases, but not all. = )

But, I'm all for the hard top convertible if you so desire to have one. *sucker for convertibles* It's definately a sweet ride.

bratkat64
10-09-2003, 01:40 PM
I was just looking at some of the complaints and these caught my attention:

CONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10019566

Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE

Details: THE VEHICLE CAUGHT ON FIRE UNDER THE HOOD. *JB

Cause:

Result:

Occurences: 1 Injuries: 0
Fail Date: 05/01/2003 Deaths: 0
MCS Check Date: 5/19/2003

CONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number:

Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:WIRING:FRONT UNDERHOOD

Details: CONSUMER STATED THAT WHILE DRIVING AT 45 MPH AN ACCIDENT OCCURRED WHILE TRYING TO AVOID A COLLISION WITH A STALLED VEHICLE IN THE HIGHWAY. WHILE AVOIDING THE STALLED VEHICLE CONSUMER ROLLED INTO A DITCH AND ROLLED OVER SEVERAL TIMES. CONSUMER'S SEATBELT CAME UNDONE, AND THE AIR BAG DID NOT DEPLOY. AFTER THE ACCIDENT SOMETHING UNDER THE HOOD STARTED SMOKING, AND WITHIN TEN MINUTES THE ENTIRE CAR WAS CONSUMED BY THE FIRE.*AK

Cause:

Result:

Occurences: 1 Injuries: 4
Fail Date: 06/21/2003 Deaths: 0
MCS Check Date: 9/24/2003 4:04:00 PM

Component: FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE:TANK ASSEMBLY:FILLER PIPE AND CAP

Details: SOMETIMES WHEN THE GAS LEVEL GETS DOWN TO APPROXIMATELY 1/4 TANK, THE GAS CAP POPS OFF AND THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON. *JB

Cause:

Result:

Occurences: 10 Injuries: 0
Fail Date: 04/30/2003 Deaths: 0
MCS Check Date: 6/3/2003

Component: VISIBILITY:SUN ROOF ASSEMBLY

Details: THE SUNROOF HAS BEEN TAKEN BACK SEVERAL TIMES BECAUSE IT WOULD NOT OPEN. IT HAS BEEN RESET BY THE DEALERSHIP. THE SUNROOF WAS OPENED AND PIECES BEGAN FALLING OFF OF IT, AND IT WOULD NOT CLOSE AFTER THIS. *JB

Cause:

Result:

Occurences: 4 Injuries: 0
Fail Date: 05/16/2003 Deaths: 0
MCS Check Date: 6/16/2003

!@#$%
10-09-2003, 01:41 PM
nice car. However I refuse to own a convertible. Only convert I would buy would be an s2k, and even then I'd have to spend extra for the hardtop option.

bratkat64
10-09-2003, 02:02 PM
I want a 99 gst convertible just so I can get the blitz kit I like for it. It would sit in my garage most likely.

ballsdeep
10-09-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by !@#$%
nice car. However I refuse to own a convertible. Only convert I would buy would be an s2k, and even then I'd have to spend extra for the hardtop option.

I agree convertibles are for chicks. Not to mention Hyundai is cheap crap. theres a kid who works by me that has one with the ugliest body kit ever made on it it he thinks its the sh!t he says there was a limited amount of those kits made. I say its because theres only a limited amount of people stupid enough to buy it. I'll have to post pics now

Driftin SI
10-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by ballsdeep
theres a kid who works by me that has one with the ugliest body kit ever made on it it he thinks its the sh!t he says there was a limited amount of those kits made. I say its because theres only a limited amount of people stupid enough to buy it.

LMAO :D My friend at work just got a loaded 03 Tiburon. Hyundai had improved their cars a lot over the years. It truley is a nice car but for that kinda coin, I'de be getting and RSX.

bratkat64
10-09-2003, 02:25 PM
Yeah RSX Type S maxes at what.. $23k without the millions of addons. I'd take that over anything else in that price range. I think it's one of the best deals you could get. Yeah, the Tib is a more affordable sports car than most, but consider the true cost to own.

True Cost To Own (edmunds.com) (http://edmunds.com/new/2004/hyundai/tiburon/100341162/cto.html?tid=edmunds.n.prices.leftsidenav..4.Hyund ai*)

BTW I know what you mean about kits. That's why I don't have one yet. I have seen so many people turn gorgeous cars into garbage. The eclipse (if I ever had enough tossable cash) would have the kit like:

http://rancidracing.com/randomsexycars/silverblack2.jpg
That guy has some other stuff going on, but you get the idea (like that useless roof scoop)

513n179
10-09-2003, 08:13 PM
http://rancidracing.com/randomsexycars/silverblack2.jpg
That guy has some other stuff going on, but you get the idea (like that useless roof scoop)

wow, that eclipse and accord belong to 2 of my closest friends. that eclipse was the sickest shit back in the day... the scoop may not have been functional, but my boy was a trend setter, he was like the first to put one on his ride (the eclipse from the fast and the furious totally copied his car). that car now sports an evo motor under the hood.

bratkat64
10-09-2003, 08:44 PM
Tell him that car is awesome. I have a ton of pics from a long time ago that I got from cardomain. I didn't like the tail lights and the roof scoop, but that's it.

chubbychu
10-09-2003, 08:48 PM
man...if they cut a hole in the roof And attach it into the cabin and sucks out hot air or stinky air or smoke or something that would be the awesomes...

potator
10-10-2003, 01:00 AM
Damn. That is one hot Tib. Can't wait to see those hardtop convertibles in person. Anybody know how much more they would cost over the regular Tibs now? They sure are yummy... :smilem:

furious
10-10-2003, 05:47 AM
I don't know much about the advances of Hyundai, however, I'm sure you all will agree that it is not on par with most of the imports. Now, this I believe is their 1st convertible, yes? If not, at least there 1st hardtop conv, yes? If so, why the hell would neone buy a hartop conv which would be a car with a lot of mechanics and far more probable problems from a maker that is new to the quality scene??????

Understand though that I do love the exterior styling, and would still prefer no 'shiny' leather/leather-lookalike interior touches...

What is the matter with the tib? Have the engineers at Hyundai discovered a VTC that operates on cylinders and managed to conserve gas by disabling "2" of its v6 cylinders? 172hp, ahhhh....no thanks:D

furious
10-10-2003, 05:52 AM
forgot to answer to pertinent question...

YES, I would trade my EP if Hyundai would give:

10yr/140k warranty
0% 72 month financing

Is that too much to ask for?:D

bobdobbs
10-10-2003, 10:07 AM
Wow, furious, that was really... uhhh... incoherent. :D

STP03BlueSI
10-10-2003, 10:15 AM
nope...i will keep my Stitch

furious
10-10-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
Wow, furious, that was really... uhhh... incoherent. :D

i know right? :D

it is one of those give&take deals, prolly not one to jump at

bratkat64
10-10-2003, 10:49 AM
lol

j spek chucks
10-10-2003, 04:17 PM
Not just NO but HELL NO the car is slow enough then adding the weight of a hard top convertible and the cars are pieces of shit

one2chi
10-11-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
chick car

nuff said