PDA

View Full Version : Type R body kit

DanSI
09-08-2002, 06:29 PM
Does anyone know how I can get my hands on a type R body kit, because it looks sweet and I gotta have one.

SBC31
09-08-2002, 06:37 PM
Do a search you will find tons of stuff regarding any kit for the 02 Si. (in short, none are readily available as of yet)

DanSI
09-08-2002, 06:39 PM
thanks thats what i thought...i just figured someone on here would know some secret connection or something.

2k2civicSi
09-08-2002, 06:48 PM
no no no you can get it but it wont fit only the side skirts fit you can get it at
http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_list.asp?dept=907&last=907

Jontis
09-11-2002, 07:32 AM
What's the diference between the two?

David K.
09-11-2002, 07:37 AM
The front and rear bumpers are shorter on the Type-R, I think, so the parts wrap around them a little differently.

MugenR
09-22-2002, 09:45 AM
Wait!!!!!!
The JDM bumpers will not fit on the us spec cars.
I have plans to get jdm bumpers, and skirts.
Are you sure they wont fit?
I dont see why they won't.

Anyone have any answers???
Thanks
Drew

NemesisITR
09-22-2002, 10:21 AM
For me to put a JDM front end on my ITR I have to shave the US spec inner bumper and redesign a radiator mount. Im sure on the SI you will have to do the same since they dont have the 5 mph bumper saftey crap like we do!!!

CleanBlackSi02
09-22-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by MugenR
Wait!!!!!!
The JDM bumpers will not fit on the us spec cars.
I have plans to get jdm bumpers, and skirts.
Are you sure they wont fit?
I dont see why they won't.

Anyone have any answers???
Thanks
Drew

You don't mean bumpers....you mean the front and rear lips. You would actually have to buy the WHOLE bumper from Europe to make it fit without modification. Due to North American safety regulations, the bumpers are longer and stick out a bit more than the euro Civic and Type R's. Do a search....SBC had a great diagram showing the different contour of the bumper.

MugenR
09-24-2002, 04:20 PM
no,
I want the JDM bumpers, not the lips.
I like the way they look better, and plan to add a Mugen front lip, and it will not fit on the USDM Si bumper.

I was told the bumpers will fit, and I don't see why not.
But I have heard some people say they won't fit.

So my question was if the JDM bumpers fit or not?
Thanks
Drew