PDA

View Full Version : Spark Plug Wires

savesteve
10-09-2003, 07:26 AM
Anyone know the Part # for the the Magnecor wires? Also to open this up for some debate.. What do you think Magnecor Vs. the Nology hotwire kit? I kinda want the Nology kit but it's really expensive and I'm not sure just how cool it is. What do you think guys? Thanks.

XSquigyX
10-09-2003, 08:51 AM
I'm not too sure about the nology application for our particular vehicle but I know for sure that Nology wires have been dynoed and shown actual gains. Of course this isn't much, something like 1-2hp, but not many companies can say that their wires actually do something other than look good.

I believe that the Nology wires have some sort of capacative device inline with the wire somewhere which is the reason for the ground strap. I have yet to tear one of these apart given the inflated price but from my experience; they are worth the extra cash. ;)

mrfixit687
10-09-2003, 10:38 AM
holyshit learn about our cars before you try to mod it

XSquigyX
10-09-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by mrfixit687

I sure hope that coment wasn't directed towards me.

Now for some more useful info:

Nology HotWires are the most technologically advanced ignition wires available. HotWires create the most powerful spark possible. HotWires are engineered with a special built-in capacitor, exclusive only to HotWires. This revolutionary design allows energy from the ignition coil to accumulate in the capacitor until the voltage at the spark plug electrodes reaches the ionization point. At that split second point the entire power of the stored spark is discharged at once, creating a spark 300 times more powerful. The result is faster, more complete combustion, and most importantly,

That is from Nology's website. According to that statement, I would have to say that they are poinless in a system like ours. The coil is right at the sparkplug so upgrading the wires would prove to be a waste of time on this car. Save the money towards a DC ceramic header. :)

savesteve
10-09-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by mrfixit687

If you don't have anything constructive to say please don't say anything at all. We're here to learn about our cars. I know about spark plug wires (it's not rocket science) I just wanted some opnions from peeps who have experience with the nology kit mainly.

savesteve
10-09-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by XSquigyX
I sure hope that coment wasn't directed towards me.

Now for some more useful info:

That is from Nology's website. According to that statement, I would have to say that they are poinless in a system like ours. The coil is right at the sparkplug so upgrading the wires would prove to be a waste of time on this car. Save the money towards a DC ceramic header. :)

Thanks for your help / input XSquigyX. I'll probly just get the Magnecor wires then :).

Ph0nK
10-09-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by savesteve
Thanks for your help / input XSquigyX. I'll probly just get the Magnecor wires then :).

So these replace the wires going TO the coilpacks?

savesteve
10-09-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Ph0nK
So these replace the wires going TO the coilpacks?

I have no idea. I just know they make cool wires for other civics. I only assume they make a kit for our cars that would, however I have no clue what the part # for the kit is or what it replaces. Part of my question here.

g_kristian80
10-09-2003, 11:15 AM
Okay-- The thing about our cars is that, yes, we do have direct coil on ignition. That means that we have no spark plug wires! Each spark plug has its own individual coil. Now, the Nology HotWires move all four coils to the firewall and add wires. Because the inherent capacitance of the Nology wires the achieved spark-plug voltage is now instantanious (which is better) and can achieve a higher voltage than before (also better). A ground strap is always a good idea with spark plug wires or anything running that much voltage. The engine would not benefit from a floating high voltage (which is what you get without ground strap).

Oh yeah, and if you do a search you will get more than enough information on this subject (as it has already been discussed).

savesteve
10-09-2003, 12:52 PM
Ahhh so IC so really my thread should be called "Coil Wires" :). Thanks for the info. So would you say there's anything to the Nology wires? Is it worth the 200$?

g_kristian80
10-09-2003, 03:08 PM
Though I have not used this product: I would say that, with other mods (ie: midpipe, CAI, maybe a Header) these would be worth the $200. Personally, I am waiting to see what others experience with them until I purchase.

p.s. It was fine to call the post Spark Plug Wires, as the wires go from the Coil to the Spark Plug. And by the way, you do realize we have a disributerless system...