PDA

View Full Version : Whats the weirdest thing your Ep3 has done since you've had it?

ep pilot
10-09-2003, 06:00 PM
Well we all know by now what the weirdest thing you've done in your Ep3 is by know, hence the on going thread about that subject. Just trying to find out what the weirdest thing your Ep3 has done to you. I'm sure if you all think about it you can find some.

I will kick off.....

(1) Once my girl friend started it up cold, I asked her to rev it because I had never heared the factory exhaust note. She revved it and the car sputtered a back fire for a second. I have yet to duplicate that event since???? but it was weird.

(2) Only when my G/F is in the car, I can have the A/C on accelerate from a dead stop, and the car will rocket off without flooring it. It feels like a subtle surge of power in 1st & 2nd gears, applying only 1/4 of throttle pressure. A few times she has had to ask me to slow it down, and I seriously wasn't trying to drive spiritedly at all.

(3) Sometimes rolling into a raised driveway entrance of a shopping complex or office park, approaching at odd angles and the right amount of brake pressure, combined with low speed will kick the inside most rear wheel off the ground about 2-3 inches.

That

1abSi
10-09-2003, 06:37 PM
grew its very own ant farm under the rear seat:o

potator
10-09-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by 1abSi

:shockm: :sadm: :crym:

chubbychu
10-09-2003, 08:00 PM
sputtered and throttle wouldnt work for a couple seconds. than i turned off the car and started it again. all better . thats about it.

icegrill
10-09-2003, 09:05 PM
It queefed out it's tailpipe one cold morning and I sold it as a collectible in a bag on ebay. You can delete this after laughing. :D :D ;) :'(

skooba
10-09-2003, 09:47 PM
it blew some transistor behind the dash and forced the air vents to be on HIGH no matter what setting it was on, even if i turned it off, it still blew air out at full force, that got quite annoying very quickly....

f1fever
10-09-2003, 10:06 PM
It happens once...
On first gear, when I was going real slow. I can shift to N without step on the clutch... Is that normal?:o

Suk02Si
10-09-2003, 11:51 PM
While cruising at 25-30 mph in third gear, I start to apply some throttle when all of a sudden it pops out of gear :blushm:

!@#$%
10-10-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by vbp si 03
it blew some transistor behind the dash and forced the air vents to be on HIGH no matter what setting it was on, even if i turned it off, it still blew air out at full force, that got quite annoying very quickly....

LMAO :D

Chrisbgft
10-10-2003, 07:28 AM
After getting my EP and putting about 300-400miles on it..i drove up to Wisconsin to Visit my Ex-GF. Its about 200 miles there and 200 back. Well, on the way back getting off the highway. I exited and put the car in neutral and coasted for a while. The RPM's just went down to 0 and the car died..lol. So i stopped started it back up and it was fine. Not one problem after that..lol.

furious
10-10-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Chrisbgft
After getting my EP and putting about 300-400miles on it..i drove up to Wisconsin to Visit my Ex-GF. Its about 200 miles there and 200 back. Well, on the way back getting off the highway. I exited and put the car in neutral and coasted for a while. The RPM's just went down to 0 and the car died..lol. So i stopped started it back up and it was fine. Not one problem after that..lol.

...and there you have it peeps, another story about an assasination attempt by some ex... :D ;)

BlairSpeed
10-10-2003, 10:05 AM
1. Every once and awhile, Ill try starting the car and it just wont turn over. I usually have to take the key out and wait a few seconds, then try again. I think the chip in my key trips out every once in awhile.

2. I have an SRI and everyonce in awhile when shifting from 1st to 2nd, my car will backfire and ill hear a loud pop.

3. if im low on gas, it takes longer for my car to start

furious
10-10-2003, 10:27 AM
last one is normal...

as for the other two, well, goodluck:eek:

Tenacious G
10-10-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Chrisbgft

wow, good thing that was a one-time occurrence. losing power steering and brake boost would not be good if you had to make some emergency manuevering.

1flySi2002
10-10-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by 1abSi

Wow :crym: :sadm:

1flySi2002
10-10-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by f1fever
It happens once...
On first gear, when I was going real slow. I can shift to N without step on the clutch... Is that normal?:o

i can do that too. probably not a good thing, but its happened to me too.

sniperSI
10-10-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by 1flySi2002
i can do that too. probably not a good thing, but its happened to me too.

If you practice, you can shift w/o using the clutch :D

Zero Three Si
10-10-2003, 01:27 PM
You guys do some pretty odd things with your EP's.

whiteflight
10-10-2003, 02:48 PM
I intentionally pop out of gear into neutral all the time. Just don't force it out of gear. Yes it takes practice and can't be done all the time.

blacksihatch
10-10-2003, 04:56 PM
I was able to fit seven people in my car including me one night. One of the guys was 6'4 and weight aboout 250lbs. I think I need to check the air pressure in my tires.

MrCivic03
10-10-2003, 08:14 PM
i was in my neighborhood and was flyin in 1st. i stop to down shift then scweeked tires to go into my drivway and my neighbor comes out. he says "who taught u how to drive?" i said i did. and then he asked if my parents knew if i was drivin and i said yes and then he just walked off and i got off the hook.

PS this is a same neighbor who caught me smoking Weed...

oldschoolimport
10-11-2003, 12:51 AM
when I first got my ep, when it rained outside the car, it rained inside the car too.:'(

Rueda del Queso
10-11-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by MrCivic03
i was in my neighborhood and was flyin in 1st. i stop to down shift then scweeked tires to go into my drivway and my neighbor comes out. he says "who taught u how to drive?" i said i did. and then he asked if my parents knew if i was drivin and i said yes and then he just walked off and i got off the hook.

PS this is a same neighbor who caught me smoking Weed...

I think there is something I am missing here, you were in 1st and you downshifted?

MrCivic03
10-11-2003, 10:48 AM
i meant 2nd but i am to lazy to change so i was just gonna leave it...

k20beast
10-15-2003, 12:35 AM
well the weirdest thing that has happened is the cd player skips sometimes when i change lanes. and when i was running a straight pipe when ever i slammed on the gas there was an extreamly loud whistle aftr about 4000rpm. dont know what made that happen but when ever i raced or drove really fast people would ask if i was turboed??? another ep waneted me to pull over and pop my hood cuz he thought that i was lieing to him but its all good.

Brettnyt
10-15-2003, 04:56 PM
1. I put it into 4th gear after the fuel cutoff in 3rd, and it caught 2nd instead (happened twice in the same day, positive it was in fourth... freakin wierd)

2. Failed to fire up a couple times (it was actually a faulty ground wire, but hey)

3. The sunroof closed all the way without stopping! If i hadnt of been paying attention i could have DIED! thank goodness for that safety feature all those other times...

one2chi
10-15-2003, 05:07 PM
it hasnt really done anything weird to me. but the other day all day it was tilting to the passenger side....and i was in the driver side and no one was in the car with me.

audomatik
10-15-2003, 11:10 PM
sometimes when i take really slow 90? turns, talking 0-10 mph, the tires will scream real loud. people will look over and look for a car thats flying around and just see me barely moving... happen to anyone else?

ps... you should be able to pull the shifter out of every gear without the clutch, perfectly normal

BSEVEER
10-15-2003, 11:23 PM
I used to drive a old VW bug and I could shift from 1st to 2nd to 3rd to 4th and all the way back down to 1st without using the clutch and not a single grind.

Brettnyt
10-16-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by audomatik
sometimes when i take really slow 90? turns, talking 0-10 mph, the tires will scream real loud. people will look over and look for a car thats flying around and just see me barely moving... happen to anyone else?

ps... you should be able to pull the shifter out of every gear without the clutch, perfectly normal

Yeah, i got pulled over for that... Just a warning tho, the officer was actually real nice...