PDA

View Full Version : The Greddy kit thread(updates,news,faq)

ep_nezay
10-09-2003, 08:02 PM
Im making this thread for the FAQs on the soon to become owners and present owners.
Aswell as updates,news and trouble shooting for our kits.:)
So that being said, I will like to start of by saying "make sure you solder all your wires". DO NOT use T-top connectors(pic below)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/pf6d103dec6bfbc9f9a402168a7149a1d/fade0c00.jpg
This will cause bad connection and cut wires.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/p5509b37c9029343e06803906e578b67e/fade0bff.jpg
Using male/female connectors are ok, BUT they can become loose aswell.
Having bad connections will result in your car to run very poorly. So if they arent soldered, do it, to eliminate any problems.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/p08bceca7a822e4a97db5881cd56db55b/fade0bf9.jpg

Now to NEWS
Here is Kenji working on my car to get rid of that cell we all want gone. What is it? The too rich cell!:p
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/p6c4872dc53e7cb3bd84f40f83ffee8d9/fade0bf6.jpg
Anyways, good news, seems like he figured it out. Mine is gone. The only problem is, he needs to put my car on the dyno to make sure 100% that the program is right. After thats completed, it will be saved and be shipped out to all the customers.

Thats it for now, and if anyone wants to add, they are welcome to:)

ep3guy
10-09-2003, 08:35 PM
Greddy here I come. :*

beansbear
10-09-2003, 11:31 PM
when do you suppose you will dyno tune the car?

ep_nezay
10-10-2003, 01:12 AM
That will be in a couple weeks. Due to;
1) Kenji has 4 cars to finish this month
2)Their dyno is getting fixed.

BTW- I sent you a reply on your Q you had but your mailbox is full.

beansbear
10-10-2003, 03:09 AM
sorry! I fixed my mailbox now please resend! :)

mhx
10-10-2003, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by ep_nezay
[/B]

The best way to attached the emanage wires to the stock wire harness is to use a soldiering iron and MELT the plastic off the wire (keep a wet sponge on hand to clean head). This way you wont cut the stock wires, which is just a bad idea..

Then once you have the wire melted a good about 1/2in, you soldier the emange wire to it.. THis is the best way to do it. and then cover with eletrical tape. :)

This is what i did when i had my greddy kit on my 00 civic ex.

GL!

vtecnrg
10-10-2003, 08:09 AM
Excellent. This thread is a great idea. I have been cutting and pasting the various words of wisdom and solutions from different threads for weeks now. I can tell you as a Greddy Turbo owner this thread is a gem for current and future owners alike.

ep_nezay
10-10-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by mhx
The best way to attached the emanage wires to the stock wire harness is to use a soldiering iron and MELT the plastic off the wire (keep a wet sponge on hand to clean head). This way you wont cut the stock wires, which is just a bad idea..

Then once you have the wire melted a good about 1/2in, you soldier the emange wire to it.. THis is the best way to do it. and then cover with eletrical tape. :)

GL!

Yes, thats the way to do it, but the only thing is that you are going to have to cut some wires because not all wires tap into the ecu wires.
But all the stuff you mentioned is right here:)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/pd83a2779219ac325ab31fb385b513fd2/fade0bfb.jpg

mhx
10-10-2003, 12:21 PM
dam i want a turbo bad! what did you pay for yours?

ep_nezay
10-11-2003, 03:18 PM
For the best price, call Chuck @
Showstoppers (http://www.showstoppersusa.com)

VIZHUNZ02SI
10-11-2003, 06:58 PM
i want a rev hard kit but i dont want the reflash
could i use the emanage with it. and do u have to actually get the car dynoed jus to see if its working right.

02SilverSiHB
10-11-2003, 07:41 PM
yeah, I never understood why these companies give you the connectors for wires...they just come off or cut the wires...that's why I infested in a sodering kit :D

vtecnrg
10-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Here is my story...I ordered my Greddy Turbo back on Sept. 15. I was told it would arrive early October and it finally arrived on 10/9/2003. The shop I purchased it from was told that delivery had been delayed because the fuel injectors had been changed and that there was a new Emanage system. Sorry but no other details. Apparently, the shop owner is friends with Kenji (sp?). My car should be ready tomorrow and I will post my impressions with any other information later.

beansbear
10-14-2003, 04:53 PM
really?? can someone confirm this???

different injectors? that might help with the how rich we are running... hmmm.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
10-14-2003, 05:18 PM
For the best price, call Chuck @
Showstoppers (http://www.showstoppersusa.com)

or Dee (LedFoot) at RedlineMax, I beleive her price is $100-200 cheaper than anyone else I've seen.
She will be getting my business once I save up.

1abSi
10-14-2003, 09:26 PM
OT, but glad to see you are keeping that car now that you have it back

ep_nezay
10-15-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by beansbear
really?? can someone confirm this???

different injectors? that might help with the how rich we are running... hmmm.

Its not the injectors, its the emanage that is giving it too much fuel at low rpm. So, by leaning out the low rpm's ONLY, will solve that. You dont want to lean out up top(high rpm's).
Using smaller injectors could fix the problem for right now by letting les fuel squeeze through.
But, you would have to upgrade to bigger injectors if you wanted to boost more and get an IC.
Besides, I think I speak for everyone, I rather be running rich than too lean.

beansbear
10-15-2003, 03:06 PM
thats true!
i hope the fix comes soon... fuel consumption might be better!

vtecnrg
10-15-2003, 03:19 PM
My car should be ready tonight or tomorrow. I will try and dig up more details and see if I can get some specific info about the injectors.

Does anyone have the Greddy turbo timer. If so what are your impressions? They are trying to sell me one is it worth $100.00? My alarm apparently has the option of a turbo timer if I buy a relay. Will the Greddy timer work w/ my alarm?

beansbear
10-15-2003, 03:29 PM
hey thats a good question.

I think the turbo timer is worth it unless you want to wait in your car for a minute or so.

just remember that no can that has a turbo stock has a turbo timer built in. its all aftermarket gadgets to make you feel better.

if you are cruising around the neighborhood at about 35 mph or so and park, you can just shut down. if you were boosting a lot you should usually cool down a bit then shut down.

i bought the greddy because my car is going to be a show car and i want to make sure the turbo doesnt get abused in the long run.

the greddy is cool because there are many different settings thatcan be used. It has one that watches how you drive and determines how long the engine has to idle.

and to answer your question about the alarm... my aftermarket alarm had to be modified to work with the turbo timer. my installer figured out an ingenious way to trick the brain into letting me arm it while parked and the car is running. works like a charm now.

ep3guy
10-15-2003, 03:32 PM
How would you modify the "Karr Alarm" which was included with my car when I got it to work with a turbo timer? Or how did your friend modify your alarm?

beansbear
10-15-2003, 03:37 PM
i dont know exactly what he did but i saw that he added a relay to trick the alarm into thinking that the ingntion was off. the other way to do it is with a timing relay that will send a 12 v pulse to the dome trigger to start the 30 second arming countdown.

i dont know how to modify the stock alarm to work with it. most alarms wont allow you to arm the car when its running.

ep_nezay
10-15-2003, 07:01 PM
I have the Greddy TT, but the only problem I have is that when I take out the key and the car is still on, my fan wont turn on.I have to put the key back in, so the fan will come on.
Is your TT connected so the fan can come on if it gets too hot with out the key?

beansbear
10-15-2003, 07:40 PM
fan for the inside of the car or outside?

my ac works whether the key is in or out with the turbo timer.

vtecnrg
10-15-2003, 08:34 PM
More News. Apparently, the info I was given was incorrect. The injectors are the same. Only the emanage has been changed to run better. The shop had no other details aside from the emanage software is different from the first kits they installed. Still don't have my car, maybe tomorrow. I will post my personal impressions when the work is complete.

BTW the TT will not work with my alarm, they stated they could not fool it. It looks like I will need to purchase the relay for my alarm and use the alarm as the timer. How long did it take others to have their kit installed? It feels like it is taking forever.

beansbear
10-15-2003, 08:41 PM
took 3 days but they did a half assed job and i still have to go back for them to do it correctly. I could have done the install myself but I didnt want to.

in hindsight.. i should have.

ep_nezay
10-16-2003, 06:01 PM
fan for the inside of the car or outside?

my ac works whether the key is in or out with the turbo timer.

My ac works, I was talking about the cooling fan for the engine.

ep_nezay
10-16-2003, 06:04 PM
Took 1 day to do mine, your shop could run into wiring issues, thats why they are probably taking longer.
BTW- when they are done , read the first post I did, make sure they did that.

vtecnrg
10-16-2003, 08:51 PM
Thank you for all the feedback and tips. I picked up my car tonight and I have only one word to say WOW. The car has so much more power and it is very smooth. They told me I have to keep it under 4,000 RPM for the first 500 miles. That kinda sucks but I figure 5,000 rpm every now and then will probably be okay. The install looks very good and the gauges turned out sweet. Two next to the shifter and one on the steering column.I believe they must of angled the oil gauge b/c I can see it fine from the driver seat. Oh and the Colbalt blue looks very cool at night. The HKS sequential bov also sounds awesome, psh, ppsshh, pppssshhh.

Everything seems to be working very well, I worried that it may run rich from all of the threads that I read. How would I tell? My air fuel gauge seems to stay mostly on the green side. I can't imagine the additional hp with an intercooler. Needless to say I am impressed. :D

ep_nezay
10-17-2003, 02:05 AM
Congrats!
But why did they tell you to keep it under 5000rpm? Is it detonating? You shouldnt have to wait 500miles, you dont "break-in" turbos. So, go out and have fun.:) Just make sure its not detonating.

vtecnrg
10-17-2003, 06:56 AM
What would detonating sound and or feel like? This sounds important.

02SilverSiHB
10-17-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by vtecnrg
What would detonating sound and or feel like? This sounds important.
well I know that tip in detonation is when you are approaching the higher rpms. you'll hear like a sound of popcorn in the microwave. Some tims faint, some times louder. or you'll hear pinging sounds...that's reallllllyyyy bad! I had tip in detonation with the JRSC on my 97 EX...killed the engine eventually, toasted my pistons and block.

beansbear
10-17-2003, 01:34 PM
interesting...
I was reading the messages on clubrsx.com and decided to give Greddy a call myself.

The tech I spoke with told me that the check engine light is due to bad wiring or faulty soldering connections. Once you go back and fix those the check engine light would disappear. I dont know how true this is.

I told the guy that Kenji was helping an Ep member tune his car to get rid of the too rich cell but according to this guy the problem is most likely bad wiring and the reason the check engine light is intermittent could possibly be because of a wire not connected properly.

a lot of clubrsx members had bad wiring and this helped them once they rewired.

i asked the tech if the manual was current and up to date and if any changes were made to the wiring diagram and he said no.

my question now then is:
- is switching the letter in the emanage something everyone has to do? what letter is this thing SUPPOSED to be set on for it to run correctly?
- is greddy going to be updating our emanage units or are we just going to have to check our wiring?

what do you all think??

vtecnrg
10-17-2003, 01:50 PM
I don't have any check engine light or detonation. Granted I have only had the car for about 200 miles and less than 24 hrs. I can call my shop and asked if they fooled with the black box and letter switching if any would like.

beansbear
10-17-2003, 01:56 PM
check your emanage and see if there is a blinking red light. if not then it must have been either fixed before it shipped or they switched the letter.

sniperSI
10-17-2003, 02:19 PM
Check engine light can also be from running to rich, and our ECU tries to correct it by taking fuel away and emange overrides that and you will get a check engine light.

beansbear
10-17-2003, 02:26 PM
according to the tech i talked to... all i have to do is make sure my wires are soldered well and check engine for too rich fuel will go away.

heh.

i dont think so.

sniperSI
10-17-2003, 03:10 PM
Someone here knows the correct wiring, Rice Cooker hook a brotha up.

vtecnrg
10-17-2003, 08:20 PM
It is official, I am now part of the Check Engine light club. Tonight I took it up to 6k rpm and magically the light was there. That is what I get for opening my mouth early. I will do like everyone else has and call my shop tomorrow. One question, is the car o.k. to drive with the light on? It seems to be running good and regardless I love the turbo.

beansbear
10-17-2003, 10:22 PM
should be fine to drive the car with the check engine light.
double check your emanage to make sure there is no blinking red light. all you should see is green.

ep_nezay
10-17-2003, 11:36 PM
It is official, I am now part of the Check Engine light club. Tonight I took it up to 6k rpm and magically the light was there. That is what I get for opening my mouth early. I will do like everyone else has and call my shop tomorrow. One question, is the car o.k. to drive with the light on? It seems to be running good and regardless I love the turbo.

Reset your ecu and make sure the light takes atleast 24hrs to come back on. If it comes back on right away(few mins) something is wrong.
BTW- If the light is coming on because its too rich, its ok to drive.

ep_nezay
10-17-2003, 11:48 PM

The tech I spoke with told me that the check engine light is due to bad wiring or faulty soldering connections. Once you go back and fix those the check engine light would disappear. I dont know how true this is.

Who did you speak to? Matt? Next time you try to call, ask for Kenji. I know he might be busy but youll get the right answer. You can also try to email him, kenji@greddy.com.
No, thats not true about the light, its running rich at low rpms.
Like I said before, Kenji fixed mine(nomore engine light for me) but he still needs to dyno it to be 100% sure before he starts sending out the new program.

NOTE:Make sure you guys read the first page about the wiring(needs to be soldered) so you guys dont have any problems.

beansbear
10-17-2003, 11:52 PM
heya ep...

thanks... i think i talked to a quincy? not sure.

can you answer my other question about the emanage "letter" settings?

vtecnrg
10-18-2003, 05:52 AM
How do I reset the ECU. Disconnect the battery, pull a fuse or is there a button or switch somewhere?

beansbear
10-18-2003, 09:36 AM
in the engine
there is a fusebox near the intake
open it.
look for the the 15amp ecu fuse
pull it
let the car sit for 10 minutes
put it back in
start your car and let it idle for 10 minutes
dont touch the accel or turn on the ac

that should do it.

ep_nezay
10-18-2003, 10:15 AM
heya ep...
can you answer my other question about the emanage "letter" settings?

Yes, I could but I might confuse you.
Apparently, someone from Greddy began to tell people to switch it to "D". That was suppose to be for the RSXs only. Switching your emanage to "D" will eliminate the code 14 that it throws BUT your car wont have a steady idle at 2500rpm.
Unforunately, the way the emanage came, was right. So now, my emanage is back to "E" and Im having the code14.
That code 14 means that your purple wire coming from the black lil box is not getting connectoion, but mine was, Kenji saw it. Kenji is suppose to get back to me ASAP as soon as he heres something from Japan.
Bottom line, its up to you where you want the letter for now. If you put it on "D" the code will go away but you dont have a steady idle at 2500rpm. If you put it on "E" youll have a smooth and steady idle but with the emanage throwing a false code(unless your wire is really not getting connection).

beansbear
10-18-2003, 10:22 AM
is that why when i drive in traffic using first gear it feels like the clutch is slipping...
hmmmm i think i will put it back to D for now and see how that is.

thanks for the info! Hope Kenji gets this fixed soon. would be cool if he posted updates here the way he does at ClubRSX...

02SilverSiHB
10-18-2003, 10:32 AM
in the engine
there is a fusebox near the intake
open it.
look for the the 15amp ecu fuse
pull it
let the car sit for 10 minutes
put it back in
start your car and let it idle for 10 minutes
dont touch the accel or turn on the ac

that should do it.
shit, I've been looking all over the damn place for that :o I was disconnecting the damn battery. much easier..thanks :D

beansbear
10-18-2003, 10:34 AM
its a bitch for me because my j's racing strut tower blocks it. I have to unbolt it each time to reset it. im just happy with it on now. *sigh*

vtecnrg
10-18-2003, 10:38 AM
Yes, I could but I might confuse you.
Apparently, someone from Greddy began to tell people to switch it to "D". That was suppose to be for the RSXs only. Switching your emanage to "D" will eliminate the code 14 that it throws BUT your car wont have a steady idle at 2500rpm.
Unforunately, the way the emanage came, was right. So now, my emanage is back to "E" and Im having the code14.
That code 14 means that your purple wire coming from the black lil box is not getting connectoion, but mine was, Kenji saw it. Kenji is suppose to get back to me ASAP as soon as he heres something from Japan.
Bottom line, its up to you where you want the letter for now. If you put it on "D" the code will go away but you dont have a steady idle at 2500rpm. If you put it on "E" youll have a smooth and steady idle but with the emanage throwing a false code(unless your wire is really not getting connection).

Does this code 14 cause the check engine light to come on? Or just the red light on the black box to blink?

beansbear
10-18-2003, 10:40 AM
code 14 is only for the emanage.

ep_nezay
10-18-2003, 10:45 AM
is that why when i drive in traffic using first gear it feels like the clutch is slipping......

YES! My wife told me about it, but I didnt believe her, until I drove it:confused:

ep_nezay
10-18-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
shit, I've been looking all over the damn place for that :o I was disconnecting the damn battery. much easier..thanks :D

Yea, just disconnent your "ECU" fuse from your engine bay. I use to disconnect it for 30sec.-1min and put in back in. That way you dont erase all your memory stations on your radio;)

ep_nezay
10-18-2003, 10:48 AM
Does this code 14 cause the check engine light to come on? Or just the red light on the black box to blink?

No, it shouldnt. Just the light on the emanage.

vtecnrg
10-18-2003, 02:22 PM
I went into the shop today and they checked the check engine light. Apparently it was the 1st O-2 sensor stating the fuel mixture was too rich. They reset it for me. Thanks everyone for the help with reseting the ECU and my code 14 questions.

Now time for question #2. When I start the car I get a small puff of smoke. Same while accelerating when under boost (my wife was driving behind me). The shop said that this is part of the break in period and that the turbo has been coated with something that is burning off. Has any one else had this experience? If so does it go away?

Question #3 - When accelerating in boost and only with a light throttle I hear a rattling. It reminds me of a heat shield that lost a spot weld on my crx. The shop test drove the car and they could hear the rattling on the drivers side but they could not find anything loose. I was in a bit of a rush and they only had the car for an hour. The shop owner said he thought it may be the transmission since the engine shifts under boost and that may be causing the noise. I hope he's wrong. And encouraged me to return the car when I had more time to leave it with them. Has any one experienced or heard of this situation? Any other ideas? The shop said it was definatly not detonation or valve noise. I believe them b/c the car is running very well. I am hooked on boost. :D

beansbear
10-18-2003, 06:18 PM
i hear the same thing as well in gear under slight low. i thought at first it was detonation but i'm almost positive its not. I think its either a shield or the turbo itself.

Maybe when my intercooler comes in it will go away.

ep_nezay
10-18-2003, 08:26 PM
#2- What color is the smoke? White or Black? The only thing I had when it was installed, was a weird smell, that was the coating burning off. But coming out of your exhaust? Thats not the coating IMO.
Two more things, have you checked your emanage for any codes? And did the shop solder the wiring?

#3- Check your turbo heatshield if its loose. Or, you can take it off to try and pin piont the problem. So if it goes away, it was the heatshield, if it doesnt ,take it to a different location.

NOTE: I had some weird noises once in awhile before the IC, almost like if it was detonating. But it was not detonation, it was too hot of an intake charge, for not having any other cooling source.

vtecnrg
10-18-2003, 09:50 PM
I checked and the connection are soldered and also no blinking light. I also asked my wife about the smoke color and she said brown? I have pin pointed that the noise mostly occur during the first ten minutes or so. I am not boosting hard but any boost makes the sound. Once it has warmed up no more noise.

BTW I filled up with gas (premium of course) 26.2 mpg.

ep_nezay
10-19-2003, 01:21 AM
Brown? It was probably black, that means its running rich.
So you are not getting any codes from your emanage? Your installer opened it then.

BTW- You have a boost gauge right? What are you boosting?

JoshSI
10-21-2003, 09:37 AM
Ive have really been doing my research lately and I have decided to go with the greddy kit. I wanted to install the FMIC at the same time becuase its a night and day difference. How much do you think the whole setup would cost just a ball park figure with the FMIC setup and installed. Anyone have some idea?

ep_nezay
10-21-2003, 04:46 PM
Call Showstoppers and tell them I sent ya, they will give you a GOOD deal.

Link - www.showstoppersUSA.com (http://www.showstoppersUSA.com)

beansbear
10-26-2003, 01:27 PM
any updates on emange upgrades/tuning?

03CivicSi
10-29-2003, 05:22 PM
wait, What does a GReddy turbo bring the stock Si's horse and torque un to?

ep_nezay
11-13-2003, 08:56 PM
Good news fellas, Ill be meeting up with Kenji next Wed.(11-19).
My car will be up on the dyno so all you guys that are running rich, wont be for much longer, aswell as a tuned car:)

beansbear
11-13-2003, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the update ep!

I have a question... did u lose any boost pressure when you installed the IC and a BOV? I used to hit .6 on the boost gauge consistently, now its a tad lower than .6 and im wondering if i did something wrong or perhaps the BOV is leaking some boost off. At first I was running without IC but with BOV. Then I installed the RevHard IC but didn't install the Greddy BOV until a few weeks later. I havent been able to hit .6 exact again since I installed the BOV with the IC.

any ideas?

ep_nezay
11-14-2003, 03:10 AM
Is that a .6 on a greddy gauge? Or 6psi on an Autometer gauge?
If it was .6 on a greddy gauge, you are over boosting/leak . It should look like its hitting .5 .
.5 about 7psi.
.6 is about 8.4psi
The stock kit is designed to hit 6.5psi and it should read on your greddy gauge like its at .5 .

Now, I have question for you, did you remove your restrictor plate when you installed your IC?
Also, do you have a boost controler?

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
11-14-2003, 04:37 AM
Thanks for the update ep!

I have a question... did u lose any boost pressure when you installed the IC and a BOV? I used to hit .6 on the boost gauge consistently, now its a tad lower than .6 and im wondering if i did something wrong or perhaps the BOV is leaking some boost off. At first I was running without IC but with BOV. Then I installed the RevHard IC but didn't install the Greddy BOV until a few weeks later. I havent been able to hit .6 exact again since I installed the BOV with the IC.

any ideas?

You will always see a pressure drop when you install an IC.

sniperSI
11-14-2003, 06:47 AM
cold air means less dense so it takes more pressure to make the same boost.

beansbear
11-14-2003, 09:08 AM
Is that a .6 on a greddy gauge? Or 6psi on an Autometer gauge?
If it was .6 on a greddy gauge, you are over boosting/leak . It should look like its hitting .5 .
.5 about 7psi.
.6 is about 8.4psi
The stock kit is designed to hit 6.5psi and it should read on your greddy gauge like its at .5 .

Now, I have question for you, did you remove your restrictor plate when you installed your IC?
Also, do you have a boost controler?

Im using Defi Gauges. The stupid installed didnt install the restrictor plate originally so when I installed the FMIC there was none to remove. I checked 3 times. come to find out he didnt install it.

I have no boost controller.

vtecnrg
11-14-2003, 09:37 AM
On my Auto Meter Colbalt gauges my boost measures 8 psi. I have no boost controller and no intercooler. I wonder if something is wrong with my gauge?

beansbear
11-14-2003, 10:38 AM
check to see that they installed the restrictor plate between the airfilter tubeing and the gasket.

mine wasnt installed. im still not sure if not having it on is a good idea or not with my intercooler on.

ep_nezay
11-14-2003, 07:17 PM
The kit without an IC should have the restrictor plate on. Without it, it will cause it to overboost. That explains why you were over boosting before.
Now, you have an IC you should take your restritor plate off, in your case, you dont put it back on. It allows better air flow to the turbine.
It sounds like you are boosting what it should be with an IC and the restrictor plate off.
Like I said, .6 = 8.4lbs of boost. So, if you want to run that, thats fine but not any higher.I have mine set at .5 which ='s 7lbs. of boost. In order to do that, youll need a boost controller :)

ep_nezay
11-14-2003, 07:17 PM
On my Auto Meter Colbalt gauges my boost measures 8 psi. I have no boost controller and no intercooler. I wonder if something is wrong with my gauge?

Sounds like you are also missing the restrictor plate, make sure its on.

beansbear
11-14-2003, 07:34 PM
thanks ep_nezay!
you are like the Kenji of the board. thanks man.

2k2SiAutoXer
11-14-2003, 07:45 PM
hey everyone!

well, i just purchased the greddy kit, though it will be a while untill i install it so i have time to get up to speed on things. I have a few questions- what increments can you adjust boost and how easy is it to adjust the boost without much tuning, like an adjust on the fly sort of thing. thanks

--Tom

ep_nezay
11-14-2003, 08:02 PM
In order to adjust the boost, youll need a boost controller.
The stock emanage settings are 6.5 lbs of boost.(Thats what youll kit will run when you get it)
Now, when you get an IC youll be able to boost a higher(1-2lbs of boost higher). Just like I said in the previous post, after you get an IC you remove your restrictor plate. That will automatically up the boost.

beansbear
11-14-2003, 08:56 PM
also.. its not advised to up the boost any higher unless you get the emanaged tuned to match what you are boosting. the emanage is password protected so you wont be doing any on the fly changes unless you want to wipe out what is on the emanage and reprogram and dyno tune.

2k2SiAutoXer
11-15-2003, 05:40 PM
thanks for the info. I was hoping there would be like a hot button on the controller to switch between different tuned boost settings. Like one setting for everyday driving and anither for when i want to go fast. so how is boost physically controlled? I am trying to think what mechanical part would control the boost level and hold it at the desired setting. Again, sorry for the questions, just trying to learn as much as i can.

thanks

--Tom

beansbear
11-15-2003, 06:00 PM
i havent installed a boost controller on my kit but if I did, I would buy a manual controller vs. electronic. there are too many things that can go wrong with a electronic boost controll... ie: a child coming into your car and playing with settings, friends playing a joke on you etc...

ep_nezay
11-17-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by 2k2SiAutoXer
so how is boost physically controlled? I am trying to think what mechanical part would control the boost level and hold it at the desired setting. Again, sorry for the questions, just trying to learn as much as i can.

thanks

--Tom

By adding a boost controller to your kit, will give you the ability to boost higher with a turn of a knob.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
11-17-2003, 06:57 AM
By adding a boost controller to your kit, will give you the ability to boost higher with a turn of a knob.

You don't need a boost controller to adjust your boost.
You can also adjust the boost by tightening the "nut" on the arm of the internal wastegate. I'm pretty sure the GReddy kit uses an internal wastegate, correct me if I'm wrong. That's how I was adjusting boost on my old GReddy kit. You want to "shorten" the arm for more boost and "lengthen" it for less boost.

ep_nezay
11-20-2003, 12:41 AM
Let me just start off saying a big THANK You to Kenji and his helper, for all they have done to my car, aswell as to help others.
Ok fellas, just got back from Greddy few hours ago and all the tuning on the emanage is done. No more running rich nor cells for you guys:)
Unfortunately, I have an IC in my car and it was tuned ONLY for a Greddy kit with an IC. So, ALL the Greddy kit owners that have an IC in their car, call Kenji and tell him you are going to send in your emanage. Make sure and CALL first before you send it, due to the fact that he needs a serial # reading.
After he recieves it, he will reprogram the emanage with the program that Im running.

Kenji hard at work.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p53db68a3048bcb97be965c6f910f8c7b/fa8398b9.jpg

I thought the car felt smooth before and let me just say now, its smoother! Picked up alot more midrange than hp up top. But Im very happy with the results and I know you will be too.

As for the people that dont have an IC, Kenji is having an EP with no IC coming in next week, so after he tunes that car, that program will begin its way out to the Greddy kit owners with no IC.

beansbear
11-20-2003, 12:46 AM
Heya Ep!
thanks for the good news...
whats his number? hehehe
i plan on seeing if they can just send a replacement one to me since its my daily driver and i need my car everyday.. :(

beansbear
11-20-2003, 12:49 AM
btw
what were your dyno runs like?
final numbers?
what amount of boost was it tuned for?
i am hitting 8.7 lbs so will that work?
lucky me.. i got intercooler :)

ep_nezay
11-20-2003, 02:03 AM
Heya Ep!
thanks for the good news...
whats his number? hehehe
i plan on seeing if they can just send a replacement one to me since its my daily driver and i need my car everyday.. :(

His number is (949)588-8300

ep_nezay
11-20-2003, 02:06 AM
btw
what were your dyno runs like?
final numbers?
what amount of boost was it tuned for?
i am hitting 8.7 lbs so will that work?
lucky me.. i got intercooler :)

We were able to hit 240whp @7psi. I need a new exhaust, bigger pipping and a high-flow cat. The one I have was choking up top(not a turbo exhaust).

8.7? why is it so high? I wouldnt go past 8, just to be safe, unless you have race gas.

beansbear
11-20-2003, 02:07 AM
well my boost gauge hits a little under .6 so i figure its about 8psi ish..

ep_nezay
11-20-2003, 02:12 AM
Ok, ic.
Well, the new program should be like this; lower boost should be .5 or lower and your high boost being .6.
But you need a boost controller:)

beansbear
11-20-2003, 02:15 AM
ok cool... any suggestions on one? profec b is expensive!

ep_nezay
11-20-2003, 02:17 AM
LoL, thats what I have.
Try and pick a used one up(the older model).
Try honda-tech.com in the FI classifieds forum.

beansbear
12-05-2003, 04:29 PM
My replacement Emanage came in yesterday... thankyou Kenji!

I plugged it in and there is no flashing light at all on the Emanage unit just a steady green. I took it for a short drive and notice that it felt like the clutch was slipping in stop and go traffic. I checked the letter and sure enough it was set to D. I changed it to E and that problem went away.

Im guessing that Kenji never got to figuring out why the emanage tends to idle badly using the stock D setting instead of E. I tried calling him today but he was out of the office.

Car runs fine and no check engine light so far. Will report more after driving around a bit. Its been pouring rain here the last few days and I didn't really feel like going around town.

ep_nezay
12-05-2003, 05:19 PM
Glad you got it back.
Yea, Kenji didnt even know WE(ep-owners) had changed the settings until he saw mine. So,he probably thought you didnt change it. Apparently someone started to say to change it BUT was meant only for the RSX folks.
So, if you are still throwing a code 14, dont worry about, just engine a well tuned boosting car:)

PS- I have a real good surprise for the Greddy kit owners.
Ill keep you guys updated since my car is still being worked on:)

ep3guy
12-05-2003, 06:16 PM
Anyone with the new e-manage having really low idles? Sometimes my car will die out with the low idle. No biggie though, I think Kenji might've made a few changes to my e-manage.

beansbear
12-05-2003, 07:17 PM
is your emanage light blinking red or solid green. if its solid green then you probably have the unit set at letter "D" instead of "E". The "D" setting gives low/rough idle at 2000 or so rpms. It almost feels like the clutch is slipping.

If you switch it to "E" you will get a blinking red led (error code 14) but your car will be fine. This is an anamoly that Greddy is looking into. I am sure it will be resolved soon. So far still no check engine light on my car.

ep_nezay
12-05-2003, 11:05 PM
Ill look at your e-manage tomorrow An:)

Plaidfinger
12-14-2003, 12:15 PM
this might be an old or stupid question, but when does boost come on with the greddy kit? how is the torque curve? I ask because I drove a 1.8T yesterday and really like how the power comes on at low rpm. also, am i gonna kill my engine running this kit on stock internals. I know the factory turbo cars are already built for boost, but how well do our stock engines hold up to boost. also, will I need to replace clutch etc??? Thanks!!!

beansbear
12-14-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Plaidfinger
this might be an old or stupid question, but when does boost come on with the greddy kit? how is the torque curve? I ask because I drove a 1.8T yesterday and really like how the power comes on at low rpm. also, am i gonna kill my engine running this kit on stock internals. I know the factory turbo cars are already built for boost, but how well do our stock engines hold up to boost. also, will I need to replace clutch etc??? Thanks!!!

The boost will kick in depending on how hard you throttle. If you drive normally boost will rarely kick in unless under WOT (wide open throttle). I rarely go into boost unless i really floor it or perhaps in different gears in slight inclines.

Our engines will handle the max boost that the standard greddy kit delivers, anything higher you will probably face detonation since fuel maps are not programmed to accept higher boost.

I am still on the stock clutch and it works fine. I dont peel out or burn rubber... ive been to the track 2 times with the car but only ran it 8 times total so far on the 1/4 mile. Im sure the stock clutch will last you a good while unless you pound the car really hard.

anjapower
12-14-2003, 02:29 PM
how much horsepower can the greddy kit handle? is there any support with the greddy kit for extended revs ala revhard?

ep_nezay
12-16-2003, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Plaidfinger

1)Your tq curve shoots up starting at 2500rpm, pretty nice for an aftermarket turbo.

2)Your engine should last, aslong as you keep it up;
not over boosting
well tuned
regular maintance

3)Ive had my stock clutch for 4months under boost. That includes 3 sessions = 1 1/2 hours of track time.
So, no, you dont "need" to upgrade right away.

ep_nezay
12-16-2003, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by anjapower
how much horsepower can the greddy kit handle? is there any support with the greddy kit for extended revs ala revhard?

PMed you already about the revs and power;)

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
12-16-2003, 08:07 AM
The boost will kick in depending on how hard you throttle. If you drive normally boost will rarely kick in unless under WOT (wide open throttle). I rarely go into boost unless i really floor it or perhaps in different gears in slight inclines.

Our engines will handle the max boost that the standard greddy kit delivers, anything higher you will probably face detonation since fuel maps are not programmed to accept higher boost.

I am still on the stock clutch and it works fine. I dont peel out or burn rubber... ive been to the track 2 times with the car but only ran it 8 times total so far on the 1/4 mile. Im sure the stock clutch will last you a good while unless you pound the car really hard.

What was your best E.T.?
Sorry I'm too lazy to search if you already mentioned it.

vtecnrg
12-17-2003, 02:31 PM
My car is back in the shop to have the turbo re-installed. I should have it back by this weekend. I spent the past weekend piling miles on the car to help break in the new motor. The new engine has just shy of 3K.

My install shop checked with Kenji and no new emanage for the non-intercooled cars. I cant wait to have it back, Merry Christmas to me. I have my summer wheels 17" off the the car and the stock wheels on for the winter. Anyone else running stock wheels/tires? I am curious how they will manage the added power. Anyone else on this board in Colorado with the Greddy kit?

ep_nezay
12-17-2003, 10:25 PM
Congrats on getting the kit and Ep3guy had stock wheels with an intercooled greddy kit.

DumbNewB
12-18-2003, 02:27 AM
From what I hear the stock wheels arent good in the first place so with turbo it might not be a good idea, i think bobdobbs mentioned it when ep3guy crashed his car.

2k2SiAutoXer
12-19-2003, 11:41 AM
Im in Colorado and I have the Greddy kit, well kinda. Im in Iraq but ill be back in the Springs in April and my turbo is not installed yet, but it will be soon after i get back. Where are you in colorado?

--Tom

danoonez
12-20-2003, 04:33 PM
So let me get a few things straight. Your boy Kenji finally figured out the problem with the e-manage making the car run rich, so the CEL is now gone and the only problem with the e-manage is that it thinks a wire is not connected. And the only thing that happens when it thinks a wire is not connected is that a light blinks on the e-manage unit itself. Right so far? So...there are no problems with the engine at all and the e-manage has finally been tuned so that the Si runs smoothly, and doesn't have either the running rich problem or the rough idle/clutch-slipping feeling. Still right? So all people have to do is send in their e-manage and Kenji will reprogram it to the perfect settings. So then is Greddy going to ever start releasing its turbo kits with the e-manage already set with Kenji's settings or is everybody who ever buys a Greddy kit going to have to send their e-manage back from whence it came to get it reprogammed?

ep_nezay
12-20-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by danoonez
1)So let me get a few things straight. Your boy Kenji finally figured out the problem with the e-manage making the car run rich, so the CEL is now gone and 2)the only problem with the e-manage is that it thinks a wire is not connected. And the only thing that happens when it thinks a wire is not connected is that a light blinks on the e-manage unit itself. Right so far? 3)So...there are no problems with the engine at all and the e-manage has finally been tuned so that the Si runs smoothly, and doesn't have either the running rich problem or the rough idle/clutch-slipping feeling. Still right? 4) So all people have to do is send in their e-manage and Kenji will reprogram it to the perfect settings.5) So then is Greddy going to ever start releasing its turbo kits with the e-manage already set with Kenji's settings or is everybody who ever buys a Greddy kit going to have to send their e-manage back from whence it came to get it reprogammed?

1)It just needed to be tuned. No more cel.
2)Correct, you get code 14.
3)Correct.
4)If you have an IC installed , yes.
5)Yes, eventually all the kits will. But as of now, the stores are getting rid of the ones they have bought without the tuning.

danoonez
12-20-2003, 05:21 PM
Wow, thanks for the quick reply.

5)Yes, eventually all the kits will. But as of now, the stores are getting rid of the ones they have bought without the tuning.

Good to hear, but how long do you think it will be before Greddy is selling the correctly tuned kits?

neuspeedcivic
12-22-2003, 10:59 AM
For those of you who installed the Greddy kit yourself, can you share any other information on the installation? There's a lot of information on this thread about the Emanage system and the wiring, but not much on the hardware side of the equation.

Specifically, how good were Greddy's instructions? Anything missing from their kit that you needed to buy separately? Any real PITA steps in the installation that you can share with the rest of us?

Thanks!!

Gdub

vtecnrg
12-22-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by 2k2SiAutoXer
Im in Colorado and I have the Greddy kit, well kinda. Im in Iraq but ill be back in the Springs in April and my turbo is not installed yet, but it will be soon after i get back. Where are you in colorado?

--Tom

Tom,

Hey. I am in the Denver Metro area, Westminster. You should let me know when you get home. BTW great job over there.

Mark

ep_nezay
12-22-2003, 09:10 PM
Wow, thanks for the quick reply.

Good to hear, but how long do you think it will be before Greddy is selling the correctly tuned kits?

Kenji is working on it right now,he is tuning a car with no IC.
So, I would say ,starting Jan. UNLESS, he already finished it and are available now.

ep_nezay
12-22-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by neuspeedcivic

Specifically, how good were Greddy's instructions? Anything missing from their kit that you needed to buy separately? Any real PITA steps in the installation that you can share with the rest of us?

Thanks!!

Gdub

No other parts needed, the instructions were great for the part install.
The wiring is another story, you might want to let a professional handle that.
It can get confusing.

danoonez
12-22-2003, 09:19 PM
Kenji is working on it right now,he is tuning a car with no IC

Okay last question. Greddy is releasing the properly tuned e-manage for non intercooled cars you say. Will they include a setting for people that opt for the intercooler, or will those people have to still send after Kenji?

Just want to say again, thanks for the help, and thumbs up for a very informative thread.

ep_nezay
12-22-2003, 09:28 PM
You welcome, thats what this thread is for :)
Unfortunately no, there will be no optional setting that Im AWARE of.
So, yes, back to Kenji it goes:)
Unless you want to pay for tuning from somewhere else:p

WHT02CIVICSI
12-27-2003, 11:15 AM
i got my new emanage yesterday,at idol it still sounds the same, also when i come to a stop it almost stalls out the rpms drop all the way down.is anyone w/ the new emanage having the same problem?but the good news is no cel

beansbear
12-27-2003, 11:18 AM
open it up and check to see if your emange is blinking code 14 or not.
if not then you need to change the letter.

WHT02CIVICSI
12-27-2003, 06:52 PM
yes it is still throwing code 14

beansbear
12-27-2003, 07:07 PM
does your setup have an ic?

mancalvo
12-27-2003, 11:27 PM
What is exacly error code 14?

If I am not mistaken, and based on my mechanical experience, the reason why it idles so low is because of the rich mixture. Have you tried adjusting the mechanical throttle base plate adjusting screw (or allen)? Adjust it just enough to prevent it from stalling?? This is commonly practice in the certified mechanics world.

I hope this works out!

WHT02CIVICSI
12-28-2003, 01:20 PM
yes i have a ic, and also i have notice that in between 2500 and 3500 rpms that my car kind of hesatates,shutters, and jerks trying to explain it is hard. i still have no cel but now experencing these other problems.

beansbear
12-28-2003, 01:29 PM
interesting...
i experience that too but didnt pay much attention to it... maybe ep_nezay can shed some light if his does this also?

i did have my cel flash on and off 3 times during a big boost the other night but it stayed off after i was done.

ep_nezay
12-31-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by WHT02CIVICSI
yes i have a ic, and also i have notice that in between 2500 and 3500 rpms that my car kind of hesatates,shutters, and jerks trying to explain it is hard. i still have no cel but now experencing these other problems.

Sounds like you have the letter setting wrong.
Try this test;
1)Park and turn on your car.
2)Rev the car to 2500 rpm and leave it steady, see if it will let you.

ep_nezay
12-31-2003, 05:40 PM
interesting...
i experience that too but didnt pay much attention to it... maybe ep_nezay can shed some light if his does this also?

I had a similar problem when my letter was set at the wrong one.
It doesnt do it anymore.

beansbear
12-31-2003, 05:43 PM
im still waiting for my NGK sparkplugs to see if this particular problem goes away. The letter is set correctly on my emanage but i do have that strange hessitation/rumbling at 2500/3000 rpm in certain gears. This is all preboost. Kenji suggested switching plugs. He noticed that Densos dont do that great with this car.

ep_nezay
12-31-2003, 05:46 PM
Hope that works, I have the Greddy sparkplugs, thanks to Kenjihttp://www.ephatch.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

WHT02CIVICSI
12-31-2003, 05:48 PM
yeah kenji said for me to try to change my plugs aswell but when i got my new emanage i put new ngk-r's in, hey epnezay what plugs r u running on?

beansbear
12-31-2003, 05:51 PM
unfortunately Greddy is all out of stock on the number 7 plugs right now... so i have to find some NGK 7 plugs for my car... so far no luck. Cant even find the iridiums and still searching for a number for the v-power ones.

WHT02CIVICSI
12-31-2003, 05:52 PM
well that answered my question before i could finish typing, kenji said he was going to send me some of his plugs

mixedupneko
01-01-2004, 06:45 PM
when u send your emanage to kenji how long does it take to get back

beansbear
01-01-2004, 08:00 PM
it depends...
if its a busy week or if hes out of town... then it may take longer...

ep_nezay
01-01-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by mixedupneko
when u send your emanage to kenji how long does it take to get back

Make sure you call him and tell him your are sending it.
Once its recieved by him, he ships it the same or next day on next day service by UPS.

02SilverSiHB
01-06-2004, 08:33 PM
bump for the blind :D

CivicSI2002
01-06-2004, 08:50 PM
I'm curious as to why everyone is sending back their e-manage to have it reflashed? I screwed up and erased mine so I have to send it back as well but when I called and talked to greddy, the tech told me that they had fixed all the problems after the rsx type-s was released and before the ep3 was released. I told him that I had been getting a too rich cel and he said that everyone who had this problem was having it because of the plugs. He stated that we need a colder plug, 7 or 8, and have it gapped at .028 - .032; which is the gap I have that came stock with the ngk(7) plugs. So, I'm confused. Are there problems or not? I also am experiencing crappy gas mileage, not that I was expecting to get better, it just doesn't seem right since I really don't boost that often.

02SilverSiHB
01-06-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by CivicSI2002
I'm curious as to why everyone is sending back their e-manage to have it reflashed? I screwed up and erased mine so I have to send it back as well but when I called and talked to greddy, the tech told me that they had fixed all the problems after the rsx type-s was released and before the ep3 was released. I told him that I had been getting a too rich cel and he said that everyone who had this problem was having it because of the plugs. He stated that we need a colder plug, 7 or 8, and have it gapped at .028 - .032; which is the gap I have that came stock with the ngk(7) plugs. So, I'm confused. Are there problems or not? I also am experiencing crappy gas mileage, not that I was expecting to get better, it just doesn't seem right since I really don't boost that often.
from reading ep_nezay's posts on here, he said he still has a cel light (on the emanage I think), but said that kenji said it is a fluke, that nothing is wrong, and they were trying to figure out what the deal was.

What kind of gas mileage are you getting? also do you have the ic?

beansbear
01-06-2004, 10:40 PM
do a little research and read all posts with greddy turbo in it.

short story:
- all emanage units for Civic Si need to be updated.
- A too rich cell will light if you do not update the emanage.
- The LED on the emanage will give an error 14, but this is OK.
- Depending on if you have the IC or not you will need a different emanage program.
- i have no idea when units from greddy will have the updated emanage fuel curves.

a hassle yes... but it is worth while.

ep_nezay
01-06-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by CivicSI2002
I'm curious as to why everyone is sending back their e-manage to have it reflashed?

When the kit first came out, the emanages where programmed to run a lil rich, but ended up too rich, casuing a cell light(check engine light) to come on.
So, my car was the one that got dynoed and got the right tuning for the cell light to be eliminated. Kenji was successful and no more check engine light for me. Unfortunately, I had an IC when all this took place, so the NEW program was tuned for a car with an IC. Thats why everyone is sending back their emanage to get the program I had:)

BTW- Next time, (this applies to everyone) please get the names of who ever tell you info like that from Greddy. That person didnt sound like it was from Greddy or didnt know what he was talking about:confusem:

TheMutt
01-11-2004, 12:08 AM
Does Greddy have a stage II kit out for the EP3, or is there one planned?
And also, ep_nezay, you said your car got dynod w/ the intercooler. What numbers did you get?

ep_nezay
01-11-2004, 04:12 AM
Every kit has a stage II, just change the pistons;)
From what I remember, it made 235whp and 210tq @ 6.5 psi.

danoonez
01-11-2004, 09:47 AM
I was thinking more about this kit the other day and I remembered from my earlier questions that you said that Greddy would eventually release kits that were correctly tuned. Any idea how buyers will be able to tell if they purchased an older, untuned kit, or if they purchased a correctly tuned kit?

TheMutt
01-11-2004, 10:07 AM
Okay so I don't really understand this emanage thing. Say I find some way to get a 3" exhaust on there and throw in some low compression pistons and up the boost a lil bit with a electronic boost controlly thingy. To tune the car, would I have to mess with the emanage thing? What would I use? That's what I don't get.

danoonez
01-11-2004, 10:13 AM
Get the new Hondata stand-alone and you won't have to mess with e-manage at all.:cool:

TheMutt
01-11-2004, 10:20 AM
So do I have to buy hondata if I want to tune it myself? I don't get any of this. What if I don't have hondata how do I tune the car. If I change out stuff like internals how do I go about making sure everything is working fine?

And what about downpipes. Are the any out there I could buy to fit this kit or do I have to have a custom one made if I want a bigger one?

beansbear
01-11-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by TheMutt
So do I have to buy hondata if I want to tune it myself? I don't get any of this. What if I don't have hondata how do I tune the car. If I change out stuff like internals how do I go about making sure everything is working fine?

And what about downpipes. Are the any out there I could buy to fit this kit or do I have to have a custom one made if I want a bigger one?

You don't need Hondata to tune the car yourself. You WILL need the emanage software or profec Pro, a dyno and some good know how to tune your car properly.

The Greddy kit will work fine within the confines of upgrades such as an exhaust or a new downpipe. These things will not throw off the curves so much as to cause detonation. (at least they shouldnt) If you are, say... adding an extra injector, doing new pistons, cams, swapping the head out then you will WANT to upgrade the emanage or get it tuned specifically for your purpose... of course if you can do a head swap im sure you know how to dyno tune your car or have access to someone who does.

When modifying the emanage, you WILL wipe out whatever fuel maps are currently stored in there. You should back up that data before messing with the curves.

I dont think you will need a bigger downpipe. Is your car a daily driver or do you plan on it being just a race car?

danoonez
01-11-2004, 10:33 AM

Nah you don't need Hondata. But when you think about it, if you're going to change the settings and dyno tune on your own, why not get a stand-alone instead of a piggy back.

TheMutt
01-11-2004, 10:40 AM
Nah you don't need Hondata. But when you think about it, if you're going to change the settings and dyno tune on your own, why not get a stand-alone instead of a piggy back.

Well, I know everyone says that when you're building a car you shouldn't cheap out on the details. I was just trying to see if I could cut the corners though, I confess. 700$ corners, more specifically :rolleyes:

Oh well. This is going to be my daily driver, but I plan on switching out internals and pushing as much as I safely can though. Just trying to make sure I won't run into any surprises, best to know all I can before I jump headfirst into the shallow end of the pool.

ep_nezay
01-11-2004, 11:39 AM
The mutt If you are going to do any big upgrades to your motor then I suggest to get your emanage retuned to your specific needs. As you know, the emanage is only tuned for the kit with an IC upgrade.

Get the new Hondata stand-alone and you won't have to mess with e-manage at all.:cool:

Negative sir. You would still use your emanage, 70% hondata and 30% emanage. As how I know, Ill leave it to your imagination;)

danoonez
01-11-2004, 11:43 AM
[B]

Negative sir. You would still use your emangae, 70% hondata and 30% emanage. As how I know, Ill leave it to your imagination;)

Hahaha ah crap my bad for givin out false information. Anyway, do you have an answer for my question? (look up about 5 or 6 posts)

ep_nezay
01-11-2004, 11:47 AM
No, you wouldnt be able to tell unless your distrubitor told you so.
So if you buy it, tell them to call Greddy and give you the new emanage. But remember, you have to get an IC.

danoonez
01-11-2004, 12:54 PM
I thought Greddy was going to release the e-manage tuned for the non-intercooled kit and then if the customer decided to purchase the IC later he would have to send his e-manage to Kenji.

TheMutt
01-11-2004, 06:53 PM
How can they tune the emanage specifically to your car? Unless they took your car and strapped it to the dyno, aren't they basically just making wild guesses as to what would work for your application?

beansbear
01-11-2004, 09:40 PM
well..
in fact Greddy DID put his car on their dyno...

TheMutt
01-11-2004, 09:43 PM
I know but say we're running a different set up... different pistons and rods, something that could be dramatical like that.

What kind of intercooler options are there?

beansbear
01-11-2004, 09:46 PM
If you are running something out of the ordinary like that Im sure you will have the resources to dyno and tune your car.

The average Greddy kit buyer (is there such a thing?) will be more than satisfied with the boost given. If you are a perfectionist and are overly concerned with the tuning i suggest finding a shop that can tune the emanage for you. If you are just getting an exhaust to go with the turbo i can almost gaurantee you can leave the settings as is.

currently the only options for intercooler are:
1) greddy
2) rev hard greddy ic upgrade piping
3) custom IC

ep_nezay
01-11-2004, 11:25 PM
I know but say we're running a different set up... different pistons and rods, something that could be dramatical like that.

With something like that I would recommend getting it tuned all over again. So that means, taking it to the dyno and having tuning time.

beansbear
01-11-2004, 11:30 PM
Again... if you want a daily driver, you probably wont be going that far...my friend doesnt miss the days of 300+ hp with crazy ass torque steer constantly out of control.

DumbNewB
01-28-2004, 07:55 PM
So is there anything new with the greddy kit ep_nezay?

ep_nezay
01-29-2004, 12:53 AM
Their IC is out:)

D16Y8_Turbo
01-30-2004, 10:54 AM
First, does everyone's exhaust manifold have a notch on it? My previous '02 Si Greddy kit didn't have the notch from what I remember. It looks like it is kinda bent...a little dimble is what I would call it. Anyone have this on their manifold? It would be on the 1st cylinder.

Second, I have pictures of the greddy intercooler (but not installed) if someone wants me to send it to them so they can post it for the rest of us.

If someone remembers if they had that on their manifold I would like to know so I can have it fixed or wrap it so I can install it.

DumbNewB
02-02-2004, 06:21 PM
Is this kit still CARB pending?

D16Y8_Turbo
02-02-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by DumbNewB
Is this kit still CARB pending?

I believe so.

danoonez
02-02-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by D16Y8_Turbo
I believe so.

Installed yours yet?

D16Y8_Turbo
02-02-2004, 08:26 PM
I have the Hondata NA reflash so I'm going to wait for the Programmable ECU upgrade from Hondata, which is now pushed back to March 1st. Once I have that, I'll install it. The turbo is just sitting here watching me as I type :)

ep_nezay
02-03-2004, 09:52 PM
I have the Hondata NA reflash so I'm going to wait for the Programmable ECU upgrade from Hondata, which is now pushed back to March 1st. Once I have that, I'll install it.

Sorry to give you bad news, but the reprogrammable ecu for the EPs wont be available for another 2months.
The march one is for the RSX.

Vertigo
02-04-2004, 03:04 AM
Here are pics of the Greddy IC. This is D16Y8_Turbo's IC. He was gracious enuff to send them to me to post. ENJOY!!!
http://www.titansfan098.com/uploader/GreddyIC3.jpg
http://www.titansfan098.com/uploader/GreddyIC4.jpg

ep_nezay
02-04-2004, 11:46 AM
Very nice, post some pics when installedhttp://www.ephatch.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

plpong893
02-08-2004, 09:00 PM
anyone wanna help me install my turbo kit. will be buying one very soon for a spring install. im in jersey ;)

D16Y8_Turbo
02-09-2004, 10:38 AM
Sorry to give you bad news, but the reprogrammable ecu for the EPs wont be available for another 2months.
The march one is for the RSX.

Spoke to Hondata and they told me the K Series programmable ECU's will be available on March 1st so far.

ep_nezay
02-10-2004, 12:46 AM
Spoke to Hondata and they told me the K Series programmable ECU's will be available on March 1st so far.

For the RSX only, they are different for the EP.
I dont know who you spoke with at Hondata(rep?), but I had a meeting with the owner of Hondata last week:)

savesteve
02-10-2004, 07:25 PM
Ya know maybe I'm missing it or something, but it seems like you guys are in the "Greddy Turbo Beta Test".

WTF if it's a "Bolt-On" kit shouldn't you just be able the strap the thing in and turn the key?

Seems like there's a lot of emanage MADNESS that needs to transpire before you get a production level product.

Look at the JRSC, you bolt it down, flash the ECU and go to town.No codes, no CEL, no running rich, just 200 whp.

I would really like a complete Greddy turbo kit w/IC that I could just bolt in to my car and wireup the emanage and go. It's dissapointing not only that the IC took so long(what's the deal anyways?) to come out, but it seems like it's not really part of the kit, just more of an afterthough. And all the trouble people are having with this kit also bothers me as well(IC or no IC).

Frankly I would expect more from such a highly regaurded tuner.
(Seriously how many cars would you need to test the kit on to figure out that it was running to rich? or that the emanage would throw strange codes before you released it?)

Guys if I'm off base here PLEASE let me know. I mean has anyone just thrown the thing on with no problems?

I really would like to put a Greddy kit in my car, but I don't want to be in the "Beta".

/end soapbox

beansbear
02-10-2004, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I think you are way off base.

The kit that you would buy today should be up to par as far as the emanage is concerned. The rest of the kit was always a good buy and a complete bolt in set up.

The Intercooler took so long because it had to fit with the USDM bumper.

All of the problems you refer to have been eliminated. so whats the deal?

savesteve
02-10-2004, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I think you are way off base.

The kit that you would buy today should be up to par as far as the emanage is concerned. The rest of the kit was always a good buy and a complete bolt in set up.

The Intercooler took so long because it had to fit with the USDM bumper.

All of the problems you refer to have been eliminated. so whats the deal?

After all I've read about people having trouble, I really haven't read any say they bolted up the Greddy turbo with IC and emanage and where completely happy with it.

I guess I'm just sceptical after them releaseing such a buggy kit to start with, that now everything is just peachie keen.

If it is all good now then I'm pleased to hear that.

plpong893
02-10-2004, 07:56 PM
well i want one BAD!!!!!!

ep_nezay
02-10-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by savesteve
1) After all I've read about people having trouble, 2) I really haven't read any say they bolted up the Greddy turbo with IC and emanage and where completely happy with it.

1) Please tell ALL the problems you "read" about people having. Ill defenately do my best to answer them:)

2) I was happy from day 1, even without the IC. So now you read 1:)

vtecnrg
02-12-2004, 06:47 PM
I am also very happy the turbo is awesome. Oh and btw no IC. Now it's 2.

oldskool
02-12-2004, 08:48 PM
i was looking at the greddy turbo kit, i think they should add the bov to the kit, or at least have the piping with a flange already fitted to it. b/c having to get a flange welded onto it isnt "bolt on" i just consider a bov for a turbo an essential piece. other than that from what ive read it seems like a great kit!

D16Y8_Turbo
02-13-2004, 04:36 AM
For the RSX only, they are different for the EP.
I dont know who you spoke with at Hondata(rep?), but I had a meeting with the owner of Hondata last week:)

My point is that if its programmable with 10 or so base maps, it really doesn't matter what vehicle it is for.

weltall
02-17-2004, 03:39 PM
If you are running something out of the ordinary like that Im sure you will have the resources to dyno and tune your car.

The average Greddy kit buyer (is there such a thing?) will be more than satisfied with the boost given. If you are a perfectionist and are overly concerned with the tuning i suggest finding a shop that can tune the emanage for you. If you are just getting an exhaust to go with the turbo i can almost gaurantee you can leave the settings as is.

currently the only options for intercooler are:
1) greddy
2) rev hard greddy ic upgrade piping
3) custom IC

i used the greddy rsx i/c no prb with the fit absolutley beautiful
im getting a bov put on this week end and ill take pics pm me if you wanna see em

abstrack
02-19-2004, 09:05 PM
hey ep_neay i have a question i hope u can answer. I have a jdm front bumper.. will the IC fit????

oh and will they ever sell the kits as a whole with IC bov and new emange? im planning to buy a turbo within 2 months and i just wanna get everything as a whole.

thnx.

kris-

D16Y8_Turbo
02-20-2004, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by abstrack
[Bwill they ever sell the kits as a whole with IC bov and new emange? im planning to buy a turbo within 2 months and i just wanna get everything as a whole.[/B]

For the IC and BOV in the Greddy kit? Greddy will not do it. For the longest time Greddy has not included those pieces in their kits. Just buy all the stuff from the same place at the same time if you want it all.

vtecnrg
02-21-2004, 03:28 PM
Feedback please:

I have the Greddy turbo no intercooler yet. Tomorrow we are having a Dyno day. Will colder plugs help my hp #'s? If so what type of plug I have heard some you talk about the denso Iridium? Any other last minute idea's for extra ponies?

beansbear
02-21-2004, 06:37 PM
Go to your acura dealer and pick up a set of NGK's for the RSX Type S. Those are equivalent to Greddy #7's. For some reason, Kenji discovered some hondas dont play well with the Densos. NGK all the way.

ep_nezay
02-22-2004, 01:42 PM
hey ep_neay i have a question i hope u can answer. 1) I have a jdm front bumper.. will the IC fit????

2) oh and will they ever sell the kits as a whole with IC bov and new emange? im planning to buy a turbo within 2 months and i just wanna get everything as a whole.

thnx.

kris-

1) I dont have a JDM bumper so I dont know the answer for sure, but I know that fitting starts in Japan where the CTR lives, so I would think it would.

2)No, unfortunately Greddy will probably never sell a complete kit.
The only thing they will probably include in the future, is the new emanage in the EP kit.

vtecnrg
02-22-2004, 04:44 PM
Dyno numbers for the Greddy turbo today. SAE Horsepower & Torque.
HP - 231.3 Torque - 201.2 BTW, no intercooler, all stock emanage settings. Invidia exhaust.

http://photos.imageevent.com/markandtracy/dynoday//websize/P2220104.jpg

plpong893
02-22-2004, 05:19 PM
im impressed

ep3guy
02-22-2004, 05:30 PM
HP - 231.3 Torque - 201.2 BTW, no intercooler, all stock emanage settings. Invidia exhaust.

http://photos.imageevent.com/markandtracy/dynoday//websize/P2220104.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Do those dynos show higher numbers? That's really high. I see dynos with the intercooler in that range. Congrats! Hope you're enjoying the Greddy. Kenji at Greddy is awesome!

Makes me miss my EP with the Greddy Turbo. :(

weltall
02-22-2004, 05:49 PM
the ctr motor is 220 stock but i cant find please help i want one

plus i got the greddy kit:D si if i get the motor ill be unstopable

abstrack
02-22-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by weltall
the ctr motor is 220 stock but i cant find please help i want one

plus i got the greddy kit:D si if i get the motor ill be unstopable

isnt the ctr motor motor 200 stock... i think u mean u want an ITR motor those are 220:eek: ;) :eek: ;)

weltall
02-22-2004, 06:33 PM
isnt the ctr motor motor 200 stock... i think u mean u want an ITR motor those are 220:eek: ;) :eek: ;)

thats what the site said but if so where can i get it tranny and all:D

plpong893
02-22-2004, 06:37 PM
type r is high compression no good with turbo.

weltall
02-22-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by plpong893
type r is high compression no good with turbo.

so should i get an k2oa2?
i just want vetc on the exhaust side
and the 6 speed
also EP_NEZNAY will the ep3 emanage work with a k2oa2 ecu? :confused:

plpong893
02-22-2004, 06:43 PM
thats some serious money.. wish i could afford all that. being a college student with the stuff i have is making me broke lol

ep_nezay
02-23-2004, 10:57 PM

Wuooh..those are the type of nuymbers you get with an IC.
Good jobhttp://www.ephatch.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

That defenately wasnt at 6.5 psi;)

ep_nezay
02-23-2004, 10:59 PM
so should i get an k2oa2?
i just want vetc on the exhaust side
and the 6 speed
also EP_NEZNAY will the ep3 emanage work with a k2oa2 ecu? :confused:

I say keep your A3 block and get an A2 head.
Also, keep your tranny, the 6speed tranny gears are shorter, you want longer gears when you are turboed.

weltall
02-23-2004, 11:16 PM
I say keep your A3 block and get an A2 head.
Also, keep your tranny, the 6speed tranny gears are shorter, you want longer gears when you are turboed.

i want the six speed- more top end accel?
what about the emanage on the a2 ecu will it work?
as some one else said your like the kenji of this thread;)

ep_nezay
02-24-2004, 08:56 PM
1)i want the six speed- more top end accel?
2)what about the emanage on the a2 ecu will it work?
as some one else said your like the kenji of this thread;)

1) For N/A yes. For F/I it all depends how much power you are pushing. For mild setups, it wouldnt be a bad idea if you had a shorter 4th and 5th gear.

2) No, the emanage will not work with the EP settings on a RSX ecu.
However, you can make it work by just retuning the emanage to the RSX specs.

!@#$%
02-26-2004, 12:01 AM
has greddy started releasing kits with the 'code 14' fix yet?

weltall
03-01-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by !@#$%
has greddy started releasing kits with the 'code 14' fix yet?
all i know is that they are selling the kit with the too rich cel fixed as for the code 14 i fixed it on mine by setting the jumper settings for vtec type engines you can find the actuall emanange inst
at http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/index.html my mechanic read these and changed it:D

ep_nezay
03-06-2004, 04:28 AM
Hondata releases a reflash for our Cars =)

http://www.hondata.com/k20a3_greddy_release.html

plpong893
03-06-2004, 06:26 AM
so you would send in the emange too and ur ecu?

trk
03-06-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by plpong893
so you would send in the emange too and ur ecu?

Yup. Appears so.

stpkenton
03-08-2004, 08:09 PM
are they going to make this kit legal in california......this is the only way i will bye it.

DumbNewB
03-19-2004, 12:30 AM
so since greddy has the hondata tune and everything..... what else can we expect to be coming out soon?

ep_nezay
03-19-2004, 01:37 AM
The K-pro OR a high boost reflash.

!@#$%
03-23-2004, 01:31 PM
i plan on getting the N/A hondata flash in a month or so.

I wouldn't be able to get the greddy kit until next year realistically....

I wouldn't want to run it without an ic, so i'd more than likely get

-the standard greddy kit
-Intercooler kit
-$200 hondata reflash

The bogus emanages should be all filtered out by next year so I shouldn't have to send the emanage to greddy....just hondata for the flash, correct?

you can never start planning too early.

(i want torque)

ep_nezay
03-23-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by !@#$%

The bogus emanages should be all filtered out by next year so I shouldn't have to send the emanage to greddy....just hondata for the flash, correct?

If you are just getting the reflash on your ecu, you still need the emanage.
If you are getting the K-pro, the emanage is not needed.

danoonez
03-23-2004, 08:13 PM
If you are getting the K-pro, the emanage is not needed.

Really?

Taken from page 10:

Negative sir. You would still use your emanage, 70% hondata and 30% emanage. As how I know, Ill leave it to your imagination;)

:cool: I win!

Just givin you a hard time;) .

ep_nezay
03-23-2004, 11:04 PM
Really?
Just givin you a hard time;) .

You can see that I was talking about the reflash:) My typo or should I say readypo :P

jdmwagon
04-03-2004, 11:32 PM
I have a Greddy kit, BOV, and I/C.. Is this ready to bolt on and run, or do I need to have it dyno tuned?

Also do I need a check valve to hide boost from the MAP sensor, does the kit already have some solution.. Thanks in advance..

matt02222222
04-07-2004, 04:09 PM
Do you need the hondata reflash to run the greddy kit now???

ep_nezay
04-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by jdmwagon
I have a Greddy kit, BOV, and I/C.. Is this ready to bolt on and run, or do I need to have it dyno tuned?

Also do I need a check valve to hide boost from the MAP sensor, does the kit already have some solution.. Thanks in advance..

No, you dont need it dyno-tuned. Just send in your emanage to Greddy and get the new program.
NOTE: Make sure you talk to Kenji before you send it in.

Your emanage takes care of helping your ecu handle the boost.

ep_nezay
04-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by matt02222222
Do you need the hondata reflash to run the greddy kit now???

No, you dont need it to run the kit.
You just get more HP if you do.

IIx 03 EP xII
04-19-2004, 03:43 PM
what are the basic things needed to get the kit?? i know like the greddy kit (of course)... i/c... bov... but what guages would be helpful? a/f guage? boost guage of course... what else? and what brand... greddy guages are EXPENSIVE! are autometer guages good? help me out... im about to buy a turbo kit w/ all the goodies if i know what is worth getting... TURBO TIMER??

bgsteve523
04-20-2004, 07:48 AM
this is what I got the kit, I/C, colder plugs #7, New oil and filter, new exhaust manifold gasket, boost gauge, a/f gauge (not even using it right now) Greddy turbo timer. Thats it all you really need i want to get the new hondata greddy tune just haven't done it yet.

IIx 03 EP xII
04-20-2004, 09:44 AM
so the only necessary guages are the boost and a/f guage? thats good to know. where do yall mount them? could yall post some pics of your mounting places. i was thinking about getting the autometer guages w/ those c/f guage pods and mounting those right above the a/c vents in the center console... and then have the boost controller and turbo timer in the cupholder compartment thing (kinda sleeper) haha. how much is the greddy hondata tune? i dont have the regular hondata... so how much would it be? i really want it. boost boost boost... i WANT boost!!!!

ep_nezay
04-20-2004, 08:00 PM
A/F gauge is not needed(I have a brand new one in C/F if you want to buy it), boost gauge to monitor your boost is.

I have mine mounted here.
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMzI1NDYzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Hondata is $595.

vtecnrg
04-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Mine are here:

http://photos.imageevent.com/markandtracy/civicsi//websize/gaugeshifterrear.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/markandtracy/civicsi//websize/boostgauge.jpg

VBSI
04-20-2004, 11:46 PM
I just read this entire thread.......and I am tired. How much did you pay for the Turbo, IC, BOV and plugs? Basically, I would like a price range so I know what I am getting into, since this is the route I have chosen.

ep_nezay
04-21-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by VBSI
1) I just read this entire thread.......and I am tired.2) How much did you pay for the Turbo, 3)IC, 4)BOV and 5)plugs? Basically, I would like a price range so I know what I am getting into, since this is the route I have chosen.

1) I bet, there are a few pages:p

2) Turbo kit= $2600~~

3) IC kit = $700~~

4) BOV = $125~~

5) Plugs = $20-$80~~

VBSI
04-21-2004, 10:24 AM
That isn't bad at all....is it smarter to do the IC right away due to hassles of a later install, or is waiting not that big of a deal?

IIx 03 EP xII
04-21-2004, 01:31 PM
thanks for the pics guys. anybody else have any pics of the gauges? what brand gauges do yall have? i think im gonna go w/ autometer cuz they are cheaper. where did yall mount the boost controller/turbo timer?

VBSI
04-21-2004, 04:41 PM
I've got my former employer looking at a price for a JRSC and a
Greddy kit today..they still hook me up. I may buy this though...

http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/auction/82786273?aucview=0x23

bgsteve523
04-21-2004, 05:33 PM
there all over ebay its for ricers
don't get it!

ep_nezay
04-22-2004, 12:06 AM
That isn't bad at all....is it smarter to do the IC right away due to hassles of a later install, or is waiting not that big of a deal?

No hassles before or after.
Youll just want the more power that the IC gives.

ep_nezay
04-22-2004, 12:06 AM
I've got my former employer looking at a price for a JRSC and a
Greddy kit today..they still hook me up. I may buy this though...

http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/auction/82786273?aucview=0x23

Shame on you for thinking that thing works.:p

VBSI
04-22-2004, 12:23 AM
Instead of buying that off of Ebay, I have an old heat gun that I could use. I wasn't serious about that link, and I hope no one has bought that.

mancalvo
04-22-2004, 05:54 PM
Instead of buying that off of Ebay, I have an old heat gun that I could use. I wasn't serious about that link, and I hope no one has bought that.

that was a good laugh!! I think I will buy for my kid's tricycle.:D

ep_nezay
04-23-2004, 09:28 AM
I wasn't serious about that link

Yea, ahmm....:blushm:

:m:

zeroz52
04-24-2004, 08:06 AM
I read somewhere that Greddy won't warrantee (can't spell) the turbo kit if you install it yourself, is this correct? If so, how much would an install cost, approximately? I was really hoping to do this myself cause alot of the fun for me is knowing that I did it plus I like to know my car inside and out. Where would you need to go to get the BOV installed? Any suggestions on where to look for TT and guages? Thnx

ep_nezay
04-26-2004, 10:12 AM
I dont know about the warranty issue. You might want to call Greddy directly(949) 588-8300.
Now the install is up to you, your experiences, your mistakes.
For the BOV, all you need is to buy a flange, then take it to a local muffler shop to get welded. Then, bolt up your BOV and install the pipping.
I got my TT and Boost gauge through ShowstoppersUSA.com.

RMC22
04-26-2004, 01:29 PM
The money you save on install will cover the crappy greddy warranty. The worst that could happen is your turbo goes kaput (in terms of what greddy would cover). Whoopie shit, what, you're out like 800 bucks tops. The lowest quote I've gotten for an install has been like a grand.
When you let it idle for 20 min, you should know if something is wrong with the engine itself within that time.

LsVtecStolen
04-29-2004, 07:58 AM
Just got done reading all 16 pages of this thread.. :cool:

I just have a few questions..

1) I will be safe from the CEL light if I have the new program for the E-manage which is programmed for/with an IC?

2) In order to make sure I have the new program for the E-manage, I would have to check with the distributor or GReddy themselves?

3) It would be safer to run with colder spark plugs. If so, does anyone know the item number for the NGK plugs? LSR6AIX-11?

4) Is there a Hondata flash to run in conjunction with the E-manage? Or am I just thinking of the N/A reflash?

Sorry for all the questions.. just want to be one the safe side of things. Hopefully by this summer I will be boosting.

Thanks again..

bgsteve523
04-29-2004, 11:14 AM
1. yes the new program has no cell or code 14 the new program is with or without an I/C

2. No you have to hope for a new program I got an old one so I had to send it back just have to get lucky and get a turbo from the new set not the old set.

3. yes NGK #7 thats colder the other is what is in our cars now.

4. Yes hondata has the k-pro and also a hondata tune just for the greddy kit (feel pretty special huh? lol)
DO NOT get the NA flash if you are going turbo tossing away money if you do.

Hope that helps,
Steve O

bgsteve523
05-02-2004, 05:18 PM
any way to get rid of code 14????????
It bothers me Kenji told me its normal

vtecnrg
05-02-2004, 07:16 PM
I would not say it is normal but my check engine light has been on since day 1. The car runs fine, just fine. I have come to accept it along with the extra acceleration and woosh from my HKS sequential bov.

ep_nezay
05-02-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by bgsteve523
any way to get rid of code 14????????
It bothers me Kenji told me its normal

If you read my thread you would know that it is normal.:)
Its the purple wire thats saying its not getting a signal, BUT it is.
Hondata fixed it for me.

ep_nezay
05-02-2004, 11:53 PM
I would not say it is normal but my check engine light has been on since day 1. The car runs fine, just fine.

It is normal and "you" need the new emanage program, your car is running rich giving it a cell.

bgsteve523
05-03-2004, 02:48 PM
How hard is it to hook up a boost controler??????
Does it just plug in the e-man??
What psi are you guys running it seems like all the CN guys are running 10psi I am running 7psi can I go up?

Thank you,
Steve O

vtecnrg
05-03-2004, 09:06 PM
It is normal and "you" need the new emanage program, your car is running rich giving it a cell.

Kenji told my install guys I have the new emanage program and they will only change it if I get the intercooler. I guess that means cel for non-intercooled cars?

Lancesta
05-10-2004, 01:10 AM
so is a turbo kit hard to install by yourself? i wanted to install my turbo by myself. what would i need? steps?

ep_nezay
05-10-2004, 05:48 PM
I guess that means cel for non-intercooled cars?

Correct but you wont last long till you get an IC though;)

ep_nezay
05-10-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Lancesta
so is a turbo kit hard to install by yourself? i wanted to install my turbo by myself. what would i need? steps?

It can be done by yourself, youll receive a manual with step by step.
People has some trouble with the wiring so make sure its done right and triple check everything.

Randman
05-13-2004, 06:37 PM
I just got my 04 Si a few weeks ago, I basically got it because I am traveling a lot now and needed something with space and gas mileage without bieng a total grocery getter. Once the car had 600 or so miles on it, I wanted to rev it up and see what it had, and I gotta say I couldn't be more disapointed in the power it had (or didnt have for that matter) I did trade in a 04 STi so I am going from haul ass to gas mileage car, but I just gotta get some more power, it's embarrasing.

I've always trusted Greddy products, seems to be some of the best stuff out there from my past experiences, so the Greddy turbo kit seems like the way to go if I want more power out of the car.

I got a couple simple questions about the kit, first off, for those of you that already own it, how many miles can you get to a tank of gas?

Is 91 octane definately necissary, or will the car run fine on 87?

How much boost does the turbo put out in stock form?

I know the stock clutch has to go, it feels like the pressure plate has about 1lb of pressure, but how does the transmission hold up to the extra power, anyone blowing through gears?

I know there are competitive prices out there on the whole kit, but what is the best price you guys have seen?

weltall
05-13-2004, 08:01 PM
i have to run 93 octane because you will get some valve ping or go with colder plugs ngk #7

i get about 300 to the tank

baseline psi is 6.5 but mine is 7.5 (digital readouts of boost are great thanks to greddys profec e01 b/c)and it varies on outside temp

i still need to upgrade my clutch but no probs so far

i heard showstoppers has the best price

also i got mine put in in feb and was daily driving it 54 miles each way for about 3 months with no probs so if that helps good;)

traction however you get and insane amount of wheel hop though so investin some motor mount inserts

--klight

Randman
05-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Unfortunately we only get 91 out here in San Diego, but I guess it'll have to do, it's not a huge issue with me.

Maybe my fuel gauge is off, but I am only getting 290 to a full tank, and that is below the bottom line on the fuel gauge, but when I fill up, it goes just under 11 gallons. Thats another issue though.

Is $2200-2300 a good price for the turbo kit minus intercooler, or are there better prices to be found?

ep_nezay
05-13-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Randman

1)how many miles can you get to a tank of gas?

2)Is 91 octane definately necissary, or will the car run fine on 87?

3)How much boost does the turbo put out in stock form?

4)I know the stock clutch has to go, it feels like the pressure plate has about 1lb of pressure, but how does the transmission hold up to the extra power, anyone blowing through gears?

5)I know there are competitive prices out there on the whole kit, but what is the best price you guys have seen?

1) I dropped about 50miles less to a full tank from stock. It also varies on how you drive it.
300 Miles welltall? Wow, thats what I was getting stock
:confused:

2)Yes, 91 or higher is necessary. Im running 91.

3)6.5 psi

4)My stock clutch held up great for a long time, that included track(road racing) and drag strip events. It did finally gave up last week, not completely but it started to slip for its first time.

5)Showstoppershttp://www.ephatch.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

ep_nezay
05-13-2004, 08:14 PM

Is $2200-2300 a good price for the turbo kit minus intercooler, or are there better prices to be found?

Where did you find that price new? :confusem:

Randman
05-13-2004, 08:22 PM
Showstoppers doesnt list a price, have an idea of what it is?

DumbNewB
05-13-2004, 10:00 PM
It is listed at 2675 shipped brand new (not including the blow off valve and turbo timer)

Showstoppers price (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7364)

bgsteve523
05-14-2004, 03:14 AM
showstoppers tends to be high in $ order from revhigh online they are 2399.00 I think

weltall
05-14-2004, 03:25 AM
1) I dropped about 50miles less to a full tank from stock. It also varies on how you drive it.
300 Miles welltall? Wow, thats what I was getting stock
:confused:

well ofcourse i wasnt at full throttle -cruise

Randman
05-14-2004, 11:56 AM
I'll just go ahead and pick one up from my friends shop, just wanted to see if any of the other companies out there that sell quite a few of these could list a better price..

DarkHatch
05-14-2004, 05:29 PM

Is this an only for you price or a public one? Cus if it is public I want your buddy's # because in about a month i will have the cash :)

Randman
05-16-2004, 02:34 PM
I am pretty sure thats just the price he can get it to me for, they usually dont deal with civics, but can special order stuff for them.

04rider
05-16-2004, 09:18 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2478567453&category=33742

jdmwagon
05-16-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by 04rider
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&category=33742

I bought my kit from this guy. It was the best price I had seen, and his service is second to none.

weltall
06-09-2004, 01:20 AM
bump;)

ep_nezay
06-09-2004, 05:07 PM
Hondata K-pro for the Greddy kit releasing soon http://www.ephatch.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

weltall
06-10-2004, 02:58 AM
thought the kpro was out already and was a fully programable ecu ie
redline setting feul maps timing vtec settings ect

is it a special kpro for our kits or a program you load if you already have it

or is the kpro just like another reflash and if i get it ill have to tell them that i have the greddy kit

also how do i go about getting this thing?
(cant get it from there website)

RMC22
06-15-2004, 11:44 AM

or is the kpro just like another reflash and if i get it ill have to tell them that i have the greddy kit

You download it from Hondata to add to your current stash of kpro maps.

weltall
06-15-2004, 01:08 PM
thanks

the answer i was looking for ill go get it soon then

bgsteve523
06-15-2004, 03:43 PM
I want to know with the kpro do you have to unwire your e-mann???? Or does it stay connected. I would love to get hondata but I do not want to rewire my ecu again it was a pain in the ass.
Thanks,
Steve O

weltall
06-15-2004, 09:10 PM
nooooooooo moooooooooooore emanage!!!!!!!!!!!

ep_nezay
06-15-2004, 09:29 PM

Everything will be explained from Hondata shortly.http://www.ephatch.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif
Not my right of explaining their product that has not released yet.

Also, youll be able to order it through their website or your local hondata dealer.

ep_nezay
06-15-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by bgsteve523
I want to know with the kpro do you have to unwire your e-mann???? Or does it stay connected. I would love to get hondata but I do not want to rewire my ecu again it was a pain in the ass.
Thanks,
Steve O

E-manage will be eliminated.

bgsteve523
06-16-2004, 03:11 AM
CRAP so I will have to rewire my ecu what a pain in the ass I wish there was another way around that

weltall
07-06-2004, 03:36 PM
hey waht exactly do you need to increase the boost on the greddy kit cause from what ive been told is that you need bigger injectors cause the 440 one are already pushing their max capacity and that you need a 3 bar map sensor
and if i increasemy injector size what do i do to the emanage? cause i havent noticed THAT much of a diff with it being at nine pounds of boost

also i still dont have the fix for the emanage--lazy

ep_nezay
07-06-2004, 08:23 PM
CRAP so I will have to rewire my ecu what a pain in the ass I wish there was another way around that

Oh....dont be lazy!LoL.
It will take you like 5mins.

ep_nezay
07-06-2004, 08:24 PM
In order to up the boost, you need 550 injectors and K-pro.
Thats what I did :)

weltall
07-06-2004, 08:53 PM
cool thats what i thought
also how does th kpro know when there is boost so it can up the fuel cause we dont have feul pressure regs like back in the day more boost =more fuel

also do i need a 3bar map sensor? someone told me i did

how many pounds are you pushing? 9?

and why hasnt this thread been made sticky yet!!!!!!??????!?!?!?!??!

BlackSi613nin
07-06-2004, 09:10 PM
TO EP_NEZAY!!! please help!!!
hey, i have the basic greddy kit being installed friday and Hondata KpRo ariving on thursday... however the kpro doesnt have a greddy map for the a3.. what did you do, can i run the base map for the revhard kit (and try not to boost) untill i get it tuned on dyno?? i cant use emanage because its tuned for i/c and i dont have one of those... i need help!! lol... what did you do before you have i/c with greddy kit??
thanks!
joHn

ep_nezay
07-06-2004, 09:21 PM
Well, the K-pro that I have, its only for the Greddy kits,It will be out soon. About you using the rev hard one, I wouldnt do it but its your car.
My question is, why do you have k-pro and dont have an IC? I recommend you to get an IC to get the full benefit of the k-pro.
So in conclusion, just use your emanage until you get an IC and K-pro.

BlackSi613nin
07-06-2004, 09:26 PM
the emanage is tuned for I/C ( i bought the kit used) and i cant afford I/C yet

BlackSi613nin
07-06-2004, 09:27 PM
do you think that you could tell me all the numbers and shit in your maps? and i can make my own map from all the data you tel me, or even if you can send it to me? dont you have the maps saved on your computer? would that work?>

joHn

ep_nezay
07-07-2004, 05:30 PM
the emanage is tuned for I/C ( i bought the kit used) and i cant afford I/C yet

So why would you want the k-pro from another turbo setup with an IC?

Just use your emanage until you get an IC or send it back to greddy to give you the old program back(free of charge).

ep_nezay
07-07-2004, 05:32 PM
do you think that you could tell me all the numbers and shit in your maps? and i can make my own map from all the data you tel me, or even if you can send it to me? dont you have the maps saved on your computer? would that work?>

joHn

No, I cant do that, specially with a product that has not even been released yet.
I dont have anything saved anyways, since Hondata tuned my car.

BlackSi613nin
07-07-2004, 08:28 PM
No, I cant do that, specially with a product that has not even been released yet.
I dont have anything saved anyways, since Hondata tuned my car.

well isnt the maps and stuff that you can change basically the same as the kpro i have? im gonna try and get dyno time on friday to have it tuend ( i really want I/C, ill have to have it retuned right when i get i/C? what a pita! haha.. i wish i had my own dyno and the know how to tune this....

1fastminivan
07-07-2004, 11:01 PM
ep_nezay

How is the kpro with your greddy kit now?? Ive been reading all 19 pages and my eyes are playing tricks on me........I want to know if the kpro has benefited you. I got to ride in a Type S this past weekend with greddy kit/intercooled and kpro with stock exhuast and that MOFO pulled like crazy. I would like to know a little more on the kpro on your car.

ep_nezay
07-20-2004, 10:33 AM
ep_nezay

How is the kpro with your greddy kit now?? Ive been reading all 19 pages and my eyes are playing tricks on me........I want to know if the kpro has benefited you. I got to ride in a Type S this past weekend with greddy kit/intercooled and kpro with stock exhuast and that MOFO pulled like crazy. I would like to know a little more on the kpro on your car.

K-pro is awesome, it definetly benefited my kit.
:)

clutch797
04-18-2008, 10:40 AM
were up.

weltall
04-18-2008, 10:42 AM
closed old information