PDA

View Full Version : ready to buy first mods...

chibianh
10-09-2003, 08:08 PM
1 month and i'm still lovin' me ep! newayz, i'm about to order some stuff for my car. they are,

1. aem cai
2. springs (eibachs or teins, not sure yet)
3. 17" rims + tires (rh evo s7)

anything additional i need to get? like a camber kit for the drop, do i need it? any opinions on springs and/or the wheels? i like the look of the rh evo s7s.. too bad they don't make 'em in 16s. btw, anyone know how much they weigh? thanks.

SiR Medic
10-09-2003, 08:18 PM
I'd seriously reconsider the springs.

Instead, save up for a full-on coil-over setup like the Tein Basic Dampers or the Mugen suspension kit.

The stock shocks don't work that hot with lowering springs. You will also require a front and rear camber kit. By the time you pay for all this, you may wish you had just gotten a set of coil-overs.

This is just my opinion.

Civicvtec1ps
10-09-2003, 08:24 PM
drop 4x4 first
that should be the first mod

chibianh
10-09-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
drop 4x4 first
that should be the first mod

heh.. i was hoping the springs would take care of that :)

chubbychu
10-09-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by SiR Medic
I'd seriously reconsider the springs.

Instead, save up for a full-on coil-over setup like the Tein Basic Dampers or the Mugen suspension kit.

The stock shocks don't work that hot with lowering springs. You will also require a front and rear camber kit. By the time you pay for all this, you may wish you had just gotten a set of coil-overs.

This is just my opinion.

this is the "good" way to go. but who can wait for 1k? thats like 5 months of saving. i dunno but wouldnt it come out about the same?

600 for shocks
200 for springs
120 for camber kit
1-200 for install Unless you DIY
so a total of....1000 dollars. give or take a hundred.
mugen are like...1000 give or take a hunderd.

so whats the difference? is mixing and matching bad compared to getting the full kit?

chubbychu
10-09-2003, 09:07 PM
also, i dunno if AEM is the BEst intake for our cars right now. Injen is doing a really good job with the ep. looks better, and is a little cheaper.

seattlecivic
10-09-2003, 09:42 PM
Yeah, don't half fast the suspension setup... I considered getting springs at first, but I want to do everything right the first time with my EP. I had my Tien Basics installed today... bought them from Show Stoppers... Really great prices and service!! As for any other mod.. I have been saving for a turbo. I would love to have a CAI or SRI right now too until I get the turbo.. but that just means a longer delay :-)

chubbychu
10-09-2003, 09:44 PM
yea...i suppose it would be more WISE to get it "right the first time"

but, why not, get a temporary setup and save money for tein basic and than sell the temporary setup! lol best of both worlds RIGHT there!

how do they teins feel? height?

ep3guy
10-09-2003, 09:53 PM
I have an AEM CAI for sale if you're interested btw. Check the sig :D

chibianh
10-09-2003, 10:22 PM
how much are the tein basic dampers at showstoppers? what does the kit consist of? on tein's website, it's listed for $990.

ep3guy, how much are you asking for the aem?

bobdobbs
10-09-2003, 10:32 PM
Get the Tein Basics, even if you have to wait. Changing springs is a PITA, or expensive if you pay someone. You want to do it right the first time.

You'll still need a rear camber kit, but you always do if you lower it more than 1.5".

ep3guy
10-10-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by chibianh

ep3guy, how much are you asking for the aem?

$130+shipping in original box.

Zero Three Si
10-10-2003, 07:19 AM
Chibianh....I feel your pain on the springs/coilover decision.

I want mine dropped so much. I hate all the body roll this car has with a stock suspension.

I'm getting my first two mods this weekend. I'm going with a 2 inch midpipe and an Injen CAI. Total I spend around 250.

Winter is almost here anway....so I figured that will give me time to save 1,000 bucks to get my coilovers.

STP03BlueSI
10-10-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by seattlecivic
I had my Tien Basics installed today... bought them from Show Stoppers... Really great prices and service!!

+1 Showstoppers USA ROCKS!:smilem:

chibianh
10-10-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si

Winter is almost here anway....so I figured that will give me time to save 1,000 bucks to get my coilovers.

U know what? I think I will wait until winter is over before i drop. I'll just keep the wheels in the garage until then and just put in my intake for now. :)

Dunrick
10-10-2003, 07:49 AM
You have a PM Chibianh