PDA

View Full Version : Quick swap question

!@#$%
10-10-2003, 01:34 AM
Of every swap diy i've read for the k20a2 (base rsx included) they have taken the engine out through the bottom therefore having to remove the subframe. I haven't looked underneath the car lately, but from the measurements I took around the top there seems to be no problem with clearance.

Why not just take off the hood and hoist the motor out the top? Only 4 small screws for the hood and much easier to work with than removing the subframe. Is there something that I'm missing here? Bioevolve? PoRT?

This seems to be one of those things where you think it would work easily without a hitch and then all of a sudden you find one small thing that jacks you over.

Sb00
10-10-2003, 01:53 AM
honda techs also remove the engine from underneath the car, so i would think that is the best/easiest way

bioevolve
10-10-2003, 04:22 PM
A/C line in the way, from top. You would have to remove the line and then recharge you A/C. Plus you would have to tilt engine w/ tranny to pass the sides (More tighter space to manuver), also, I think, you would have to remove one or the other Intake or Exhaust manifolds to clear up top. Bottom looked easiest for one man (straight down), for me anyways.
Top or bottom has equal amount of removals, except A/C for top and Subframe for bottom.
Hope that helps.

nozomi
10-10-2003, 05:46 PM
my friend's a mechanic......he says the engine definitely comes out from below.....coz our hood is too small

Peking
10-11-2003, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by nozomi
my friend's a mechanic......he says the engine definitely comes out from below.....coz our hood is too small

Everywhere I read about engine removal, from the bottom.

nozomi
10-11-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Atlas1133
Everywhere I read about engine removal, from the bottom.

hmm....ok