PDA

View Full Version : shaved hatch?

iVtec si
10-10-2003, 06:19 AM
I'm looking into getting my hatch shaved and the licence plate molded into the bumper. anyone have any clue where to start, or know any good shops in the ATL?

mhx
10-10-2003, 06:20 AM
www.ricemodsrus.com

Spazhead
10-10-2003, 12:23 PM
lol :D :D that's a good one. So i'm assuming your car is stock and that you haven't made any changes that enhance the apperance of you car? (tint, rims, pedal kit, shifter knob, stereo, body kit, etc..) rice is good if it's tasteful and not abused. IMO!

Si4U2NV
10-10-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Spazhead
rice is good if it's tasteful and not abused. IMO!

With all due respect, thatz the saddest and most ignorant thing ive EVER read on ephatch:confusem:... the word "RICE" MEANS thingz that are tacky and non functional, not EXTERIOR MODIFICATIONS... RICE CANNOT BE TASTEFUL... if itz RICE itz not tasteful...thatz the point of the word...or at least in the way i (and most other people) use it...

-Mike

SiR Medic
10-10-2003, 02:23 PM
It would be okay if you already had a bunch of exterior mods, like a bodykit, etc.

As far as the "rice factor" of it, I think it has more to do with the rest of the car.

Typical rule of thumb: If dollar value in non-performance mods is greater than dollar value in performance mods... You got yerself some rice!

HK_EP3
10-10-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by SiR Medic
Typical rule of thumb: If dollar value in non-performance mods is greater than dollar value in performance mods... You got yerself some rice!

uhh... i dont agree wit that, so u're saying TypeX's EP is rice? it doesnt have engine mods, only exterior. and so is ULTRAMANIA??? our ROTM? and RacerDre?? Mugen_EP?

skooba
10-10-2003, 04:22 PM
yeah foreal, this whole 'rice' topic is just beaten dead. who cares about it, its not your car. if i want to put in new seats so they are more comfortable, although it doesnt increase performance, is that rice? if i put on a clear sidemarker to get rid of the amber that clashes with the headlight, is that rice? it doesnt increase performance, but it looks better IMO.

all i'm sayin is that there are a lot of things people can do to their cars that isn't 'rice.' its just something they want to do to make it look a little bit nicer.

*however, throwing on 100 stickers, big ass spoilers and obnoxiously loud fart cans is a whole nother story.

SiR Medic
10-11-2003, 04:22 AM
That was a "typical rule"

Spending money on JDM, Mugen, or Spoon anything is of course, more than acceptable "non-rice"

Rice is also a matter of HOW things are done. IMO "ricey" cars always look like they are unfinished.

psylovibe
10-11-2003, 10:08 AM
How is shaving your hatch ricey?

raiyo
10-11-2003, 06:21 PM
man... i never understood why they call those stupid mods "RICE." Why not cake, fruit, beans, etc.... why rice? who started this damn thing? answers I want, my apprentice.

MrCivic03
10-11-2003, 07:27 PM
rice=no taste

so u understand if it isnt tastefull than it is rice... i not sure if i looks ricey if it not tastefully but i cant give u more than that. i also thought if it was rice u wanted to look asian or japanese but those cars are hot if not put togetther shitty with APC and what not.

bratkat64
10-11-2003, 07:54 PM
My friends Brians car has "got rice" - tacky aluminum wing, unpainted body kit on car, scratched to hell rims with diff size tires for front set and back set, missing grille, altezzas or euros - whatever - I'd go on but I'm going to get my ass kicked. His car just needs a little help from the club, and that's what we are doing. ^_^
http://rancidracing.com/racingmeets/Dscf0066.jpg

phatfreeza
10-12-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by mhx
www.ricemodsrus.com

doh.. i actually clicked on the link... :blushm:

YssSI
10-15-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by iVtec si
I'm looking into getting my hatch shaved and the licence plate molded into the bumper. anyone have any clue where to start, or know any good shops in the ATL?

Steering clear of the whole RICE topic swerve.

Try D&D Kustoms in FOrest Park. Its actually a collision place but Dennis has a couple of guys there that only do custom stuff like that.
Also, Yellow River Collision in Alpharetta (not sure what city)?? Eddie is probably going to repaint my Accord soon (Graphics Yeah!). His shop has turned out some nice rides (Jeff Guise's Silver/Blue Civic w/Supra headlights, Greg Chupp's Blue widebody Civic).
There is always Ultimate Auto Body. I have heard some not so nice things about them lately though.

Scott
I followed the link too.

02silverep3
10-16-2003, 01:26 PM
Okay tell me what you would like better, a 1988 crx with about 12 different colors primers on it, 2 different wheel, and looks like it drove through a shooting range. But it can run a 14 flat on 1/4. Or your so called "RICER" with shaved handles, hatch, squiters, and side markers. It tucks 18's and has been compleatly re painted. But has a mostly stock engine with the exception of intake and cat back. This civic can only run the 1/4 in 15.6 though. Dont tell me you would choose the CRX. And also how do you feel about stereos, From what I hear they dont add much horsepower. But man they sure do sound cool. Anyways dont come into someones forum who's asking advice on modding his car. And start to say "thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard" Because at least he modding his car. The title of this website is NOT www.ephatch-carswith-performancemods-ONLY.com So get over it. And good luck to the guy who wants to shave his car. Later

VividDreams
10-16-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by raiyo
man... i never understood why they call those stupid mods "RICE." Why not cake, fruit, beans, etc.... why rice? who started this damn thing? answers I want, my apprentice.

when rice was first used, the domestic guys used it to describe anything japaneese/asian(and they still do, but from what i heard the euro guys are harsher about it calling anything japaneese[even if stock], rice), due to the common stereotype about asians and rice(the food)

now, we, import guys use it do describe anything that is baisicly tacky.

other adjectives arent used because rice is a very asian thing, i once had a thought that if we import guys had a word for the euro guys that do similar things, we wouild call it beer maybe? booze? i dunno

iVtec si
10-17-2003, 07:34 AM
Aight to all you ignorant shmucks kiss my ass! :) with all do respect get some more info before you run your mouth, please. I hate rice as much as the next tuner!

Some asshole rear ended me and then drove off, it's about 1300 bucks to get the damn hatch replaced and the rear bumper repaired and repainted, so I thought I'd go and do something a little different. Ya know to be original, by the way how many of you who made dumb comments have stupid wings hanging off your EP a foot past the stock one? That's rice IMO.

Sorry I don't mean to offend, I love this site and my car just as much as the next guys and gals here. BTW thanks Scott for the helpful info, hope to see ya around some time.

Peace

can't we all just get along? :yellm:

sniperSI
10-17-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by 02silverep3
Okay tell me what you would like better, a 1988 crx with about 12 different colors primers on it, 2 different wheel, and looks like it drove through a shooting range. But it can run a 14 flat on 1/4. Or your so called "RICER" with shaved handles, hatch, squiters, and side markers. It tucks 18's and has been compleatly re painted. But has a mostly stock engine with the exception of intake and cat back. This civic can only run the 1/4 in 15.6 though. Dont tell me you would choose the CRX. And also how do you feel about stereos, From what I hear they dont add much horsepower. But man they sure do sound cool. Anyways dont come into someones forum who's asking advice on modding his car. And start to say "thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard" Because at least he modding his car. The title of this website is NOT www.ephatch-carswith-performancemods-ONLY.com So get over it. And good luck to the guy who wants to shave his car. Later

That's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. :D

doh.. i actually clicked on the link...

Your avatar fits the post!

The newb is right though, we shouldnt flame hommie on wanting to shave his handles. :*

sniperSI
10-17-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by iVtec si
Ya know to be original, by the way how many of you who made dumb comments have stupid wings hanging off your EP a foot past the stock one? That's rice IMO.

Just to clear the air on that wing thing, ask anyone on this site with one of those wings and takes their car above and beyond 120, how much more stable the car feels. ;)

p.s. the type R does not come riced from the factory, thats just blashphamy.

iVtec si
10-17-2003, 11:30 AM
okay well I can see about the wing, but how often do really get up above 120 mph? just out of curiosity. I still think it's ugly but it's functional so it's all good.

The point I was trying to make is that we all have different tastes and opinions! I was just trying to save some money on replacing my whole hatch and trying to do something custom to the damaged one.

I'm much more concerned with my 1/4 mi. time than body kits and all that shit, but I figured I'd make use of what I got ya know.

Peace

sniperSI
10-17-2003, 12:20 PM
fosho, shave that bitch clean like my girlfriend.

iVtec si
10-17-2003, 12:25 PM
LOL, mine too. haha:p

phatfreeza
10-18-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by sniperSI
fosho, shave that bitch clean like my girlfriend.

i gotta figure out how to get my girl to do that... :confused:

Brettnyt
10-19-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by bratkat64
My friends Brians car has "got rice" - tacky aluminum wing, unpainted body kit on car, scratched to hell rims with diff size tires for front set and back set, missing grille, altezzas or euros - whatever - I'd go on but I'm going to get my ass kicked. His car just needs a little help from the club, and that's what we are doing. ^_^
http://rancidracing.com/racingmeets/Dscf0066.jpg

HAHAHA! Sweet.... I saw a DX like that today, and i acted all ricey around him... I reved at him, then slowly pulled infront of him and turned on my hazzards, haha... All with my tinted windows down just far enough that they could see my eyes... Haha

Driftin SI
10-20-2003, 02:03 PM
http://www.tuningfever.maw.fr/albums/userpics/10004/00506.jpg

oldschoolimport
10-20-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by 02silverep3
a 1988 crx with about 12 different colors primers on it, 2 different wheel, and looks like it drove through a shooting range. But it can run a 14 flat on 1/4.

its an 86 and it is 13.8 in a 1/4. get it right buster! :mad::D

SoCaLep3
11-08-2003, 02:30 PM
i think the shaved hatch look, looks hot as hell, if its not too expensive ill probly end up doin that too

staticflo
11-08-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by sniperSI
Just to clear the air on that wing thing, ask anyone on this site with one of those wings and takes their car above and beyond 120, how much more stable the car feels. ;)

p.s. the type R does not come riced from the factory, thats just blashphamy.

I find this very hard to believe hahaha.........is this really true?

ATRIOT
11-08-2003, 06:53 PM
The operative word is feels. Feels is purely subjective, and means nothing.