PDA

View Full Version : hows gas milege w/ turbo kit?

kcx23
10-10-2003, 10:29 AM
I just want to know because I love the stock mpg , but I will be getting my kit soon. I drive 30 mins. everyday. Will that be bad for the turbo&engine,or will it be ok daily? Oh yah I'm getting the rev hard kit,but any info is good info.thanks, KC

ep_nezay
10-11-2003, 03:32 PM
Every kit has its own program, so you get diff. mpg.
I have the Greddy kit and I didnt really notice a diff.,I was surprised. I lost around 20-30miles on a full tank under once in awhile boost. So, that equals around 2-3 miles less per gallon.
Gas mileage also falls on how you drive. If you drive normal(dont really boost), boost ALL the time, or once in awhile(in the middle of dont really boost and all the time) is a big factor.

beansbear
10-11-2003, 08:10 PM
my gas milage has been pretty bad with the turbo so far.. i am hoping its just the emanage unit running too rich all the time.

i hardly hit boost i drive rather normal.

surfsi
10-12-2003, 06:39 AM
When I did a meet in Aug. I gased up and a NA. ep. did the same and we both were doing the same speed for 2 hours exept I wasn't using as much throttle and when we stoped I had a 16th more then him. I think if you were driving without boost it would be the same but if you drive hard, well now you are going to be working off of more air than fuel. Anyway when you get your turbo you wont give a shit about gas because your car will now rock! good luck Rob.

kcx23
10-12-2003, 09:37 AM
thanks for alllthe info guys! My car is @ rev hard right now thanks to chuck & rocky from showstoppers, I will tell u guys all about it when I get back on thursday. laters,KC :D

surfsi
10-15-2003, 04:06 PM
I talked o Chuck on the phone and he was a standup guy and I'm sure you'll finally be satisfed and then some! good luck Rob.