PDA

View Full Version : Amber vs. Stock Driving Lights

DyNastySi
10-10-2003, 08:23 PM
Sorry for the large pic. So what do you guys think. Should I stay stock? Go with the amber? Or change em to white? I went with amber cause it only cost me 1.50. If yall are wondering what happend to my grill. I cut it out with the dremel cause I got bored when I was painting the headlights. Plus I saw someone else on here did the same thing.

edit: I dont know what that is on my hood. I thought a bird took a shit on it.:mad: Went to go check it out and nothing was there.

DyNastySi
10-10-2003, 08:29 PM
One more from the side

Civicvtec1ps
10-10-2003, 08:36 PM
Amber looks nice.
i hate stock bulbs.

Sb00
10-11-2003, 01:26 AM
i have amber led's and they are very nice :) i like, kinda keeps the color scheme going with the side markers

DyNastySi
10-11-2003, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Sb00
i have amber led's and they are very nice :) i like, kinda keeps the color scheme going with the side markers

u know...I was thinking the same thing.:)

MrCivic03
10-11-2003, 06:53 PM
hey u think u could rig some led's in the drivin lights like red or that bright blue bc i have seen then on the flash lights that are led just want for looks bc them drivin lights suck.

BarracksSi
10-12-2003, 10:37 AM
I used to have "white" LEDs in there, and kept them until one LED assembly burned out. When I put the stock 194 filament bulbs back in, I was surprised at how much brighter they really were than the LEDs. Whatever I replace the regular bulbs with will also be filament-type bulbs -- the LEDs don't take advantage of the reflectors in the housing (which were designed for filament bulbs in the first place).

Don't use red unless it's just for car shows, though. Red lights are for the rear of the car only.

ep pilot
10-12-2003, 10:08 PM
I don't really like messing with the oem lighting, unless to upgrade to real HID. I think the amber in the city lamp housing looks good on a black car. I think the yellow looks better on a silver or white car IMO.

-Ryan

chubbychu
10-12-2003, 10:25 PM
yea...it totally fits your car.

MrCivic03
10-15-2003, 04:07 PM
Sorry for the large pic. So what do you guys think. Should I stay stock? Go with the amber? Or change em to white? I went with amber cause it only cost me 1.50. If yall are wondering what happend to my grill. I cut it out with the dremel cause I got bored when I was painting the headlights. Plus I saw someone else on here did the same thing. hey where and what is the # of the product u used. i would love some amber i got black. and is it hard to take out the bulb.

DyNastySi
10-18-2003, 05:51 AM
I got the silverstars for the headlights. I beleive they are 9003. The amber bulbs are 194. Both made by sylvania.

civicSIracer
10-30-2003, 10:13 PM
i got the amber in there w/ the silverstars too. i love the combo on my CTR lights on the vivid blue Si:smilem: