PDA

View Full Version : mugen lip for usdm? when??

Si Death
10-10-2003, 09:31 PM
as i think about it more, i dunno if the mugen lip would look good with our us spec bumpers.... when is it coming out n e ways?

psylovibe
10-10-2003, 11:23 PM
uh...the US bumper looks identical?

Si Death
10-10-2003, 11:27 PM
our bumper sticks out a ot compared to ctr:'(

Suk02Si
10-11-2003, 03:00 AM
Nobody knows when it will be available. A couple places are working on it though.. :winkm:

Si Death
10-19-2003, 05:31 PM
whats that in the top left corner????
http://a6.cpimg.com/image/4A/B8/24805706-4b8c-028001E0-.jpg

again (ignore the type r us spec front bumper and lip)
http://a7.cpimg.com/image/4B/B8/24805707-92a6-028001E0-.jpg

hmmmmmm do i smell US SPEC MUGEN??!?!?!
http://a0.cpimg.com/image/4E/B8/24805710-db3b-028001E0-.jpg

this better come out very soon:mad: :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek:

03hatch
10-19-2003, 05:56 PM
looks nice..thought it was going to look funny...but pretty nice

Makross
10-19-2003, 06:51 PM
o0 damn i can see it now!:cool: :eek:

psylovibe
10-19-2003, 07:43 PM
you sure thats US bumpers...US aint gettin TYPE R has a type r badge on it...where did you get these pics?

ep3guy
10-19-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by psylovibe
you sure thats US bumpers...US aint gettin TYPE R has a type r badge on it...where did you get these pics?

Notice how the bumpers have the bumper lens and how it sticks out further? They probably just slapped on the type-r emblems, not too hard to do. ;)

The pics were e-mailed to all who e-mailed the company about their type-r lip kit/mugen lip kit made for the USDM bumpers.

Accordexcpe95
10-19-2003, 08:07 PM
who makes it and how much?? damn it's finally coming out!!

HK_EP3
10-19-2003, 09:19 PM
damn... very nice, to get a mugen front is way too much money, u think getting rid of the side markers would be easy? and how much?

Civicvtec1ps
10-19-2003, 10:18 PM
hmmmmmm do i smell US SPEC MUGEN??!?!?!

damn i want!!

Si Death
10-19-2003, 11:03 PM
actually its from the aero forum at k series and i know for sure that it aint out yet. Its actually the same company that made the us spec type r kit. Its called something like REV and its based in canada.:D

AkronSi
10-20-2003, 06:05 AM
If it's REV, then it will probably be fiberglass. I think that's what their Type-R kit is made of.

Now that I'm thinking about it, exactly how bad would a fiberglass lib kit be? I assume it wouldn't be as bad as a whole bumper, but I don't want something that's going to crack and splinter super easy. Although I generally don't run into shit either.

What is the real Mugen lip made out of? Isn't that fiberglass too? Maybe it isn't as bad as I think then.

What do you guy's think? I really want the Mugen lip super bad.

EKON
10-20-2003, 10:56 AM
Damn that Mugen lip looks good. Can't wait for more info and pics.:D

EKON

Civicvtec1ps
10-20-2003, 01:17 PM
genuine mugen front lip is made out of fiberglass too.

Halo
10-20-2003, 01:25 PM
I live in the same city as Rev Competition.

I called them this morning about the mugen lip.

They quoted me $1100. CDN for the entire kit, including wing.

Si Death
10-20-2003, 11:17 PM
1K for the lip, sideskirts and read lip, and wing????

Halo
10-20-2003, 11:45 PM
1K for the lip, sideskirts and read lip, and wing????

Thats what they quoted me.
I'm heading over tomorrow, to check out the fit and quality of the fiberglass.

Thats 1k CDN. :)

Si Death
10-20-2003, 11:49 PM
could u take some pics for us Halo???? Im really eager to see the whole kit fit on an ep.:) :)

HK_EP3
10-20-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Halo
Thats what they quoted me.
I'm heading over tomorrow, to check out the fit and quality of the fiberglass.

Thats 1k CDN. :)
nice, how much for just the front lip? if the lip fitment is good i might consider it, but the rest, ie side skirts and rear, I'd go the real deal... cuz getting the whole JDM mugen front is just TOO much... errr

Si Death
10-21-2003, 12:01 AM
apparently its a full front bumper replacement. Its a US spec bumper that COMES with the mugen lips. Becuz its US Spec u wont need jdm rebars

Zigen5
10-21-2003, 04:01 AM
If you guys notice, it has the side markers.. It is USDM.... JDMs do not have the side markers....

AkronSi
10-21-2003, 04:53 AM
So I assume if the Mugen lip is made of fiberglass, then assuming the mold is good, fiberglass can't be THAT bad. I guess I'm just hung up on the whole fiberglass thing, but I really love that lip!

Civicvtec1ps
10-21-2003, 07:19 AM
yea those kit is fitted on usdm bumpers. you can see bumper lights.
keep us updated with fitment..

simann
10-21-2003, 11:47 AM
those are USDM bumpers, they DONT have the front area cut out for license plates!! So they are gonna make a usdm lip! Nice!!:D :D

also, look at the last picture, the one showing in the background the full front facia with headlamps....its says SIR thats the canadian spec SI am i right or am i right!

and where did you find the pics man?;) ;) :D :D

Si Death
10-21-2003, 12:02 PM
i found it on k-series

bmx269
10-21-2003, 12:02 PM
I originally posted info on the company on the K-Series home page almost a month ago. I saw this kit on saturday, and it is nice, the fiberglass is laid not blown, so its better quality. The Mugen lip is part of a whole bumper replacement, not just a lip. This was easier for them, and allowed the lip to fit perfectly. They are getting in the mugen grill soon I am told. I will let you know.

-trent

Halo
10-21-2003, 12:20 PM
Hey Trent,

We were lucky on Sunday.:)

By the way, nice ride. It was nice to see it in person.

bmx269
10-21-2003, 12:23 PM
Thanks, I liked all the cars that showed up. Did you get pictures? Post them... please

DTR
10-21-2003, 07:00 PM
i am sold on the Mugen replica, it would help in my postponing of the JDM type-R conversion, only one thing that erks me though, the fact(if its true) that the whole front end is one piece kinda turns me off a little. i really dont like the fact that my whole front end would be fiberglass, i thank "jee-buzz"(a simpsons referral) taht my front bumper is polyurethane cus there are so many @55holes out there that cant park and bump ur car, now imagine those "soft" bumps on fiberglass; u know what bumps im talking about. but its a hell of an alternative to the JDM mugen way....i would like to see pics of the front end and the inside of the bumper, hopefully someone that lives close to the place will go check out the fitment AND take good "examination" pics, if you do thanx in advance,

DTR

HK_EP3
10-21-2003, 07:11 PM
what??? so it is attached to a fiberglass USDM bumper, and if u want it, u would have to buy the whole bumper including the lip? that would be stupid, y cant they just sell the lip.
And i think we all got the point that its a USDM bumper in the pics... jeeze...

AkronSi
10-22-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by DTR
i am sold on the Mugen replica, it would help in my postponing of the JDM type-R conversion, only one thing that erks me though, the fact(if its true) that the whole front end is one piece kinda turns me off a little. i really dont like the fact that my whole front end would be fiberglass, i thank "jee-buzz"(a simpsons referral) taht my front bumper is polyurethane cus there are so many @55holes out there that cant park and bump ur car, now imagine those "soft" bumps on fiberglass; u know what bumps im talking about. but its a hell of an alternative to the JDM mugen way....i would like to see pics of the front end and the inside of the bumper, hopefully someone that lives close to the place will go check out the fitment AND take good "examination" pics, if you do thanx in advance,
DTR

Agreed! I don't like the idea of a whole fiberglass bumper. An eye witness report would be great!

EKON
10-22-2003, 11:25 AM
I just got an reply from Rev. Nothing new, but here you go.

The Mugen style will be sold as a Full Bumper with the integrated Mugen lip (fiberglass). Teh reason its a full bumper is because the original Mugen lip won't fit on the US bumper and secondly, you have to drills the holes on your bumper in order to fit it on. With the integrated Mugen lip bumper, you can keep your stock bumper. The Mugen kit comes with Mugen front bumper and rear spoiler, also type r sideskirts and rear type r bumper (integrated type r rear bumper). Your cost for the complete set is $1000Canadian dollar w/ shipping @300Canadian dollar to US, Canadian shipping fees will be less.

Man I wish it was just the Lip, but I understand what they did. I still say its a good deal.

EKON

Si Death
10-22-2003, 11:42 AM
so wait, we get to keep our stock bumper??? does that mean it doesnt replace it but like goes.... over it??? sorry im confused

DTR
10-22-2003, 05:11 PM
im not sure how the kit fits on our cars but i sent them an e-mail ill let everyone know what they tell me, but as far as people telling me "hey cheap ass! thats not a REAL mugen kit!" the hell with them, its my car and i choose what i want to do to it(thats why its called customizing), besides not all of us are "LUCKY" enough to have mommy and daddy pay for OUR cars, some of use have to work for it, so this would be a great alternative. Besides if i take my car to Auto-Xing, i really dont want to be worrying about cracking my expensive Mugen lip. but i will admit aht taking on a chole fiberglass front bumper is a bit risky, but this is my new option to the JDM conversion, only time will tell......

oh yeah check out this link on K-series....

http://www.k-series.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=801

...it has more pics, the pic of the Mugen front end was taken at a wierd angle so in my opinion it looks kinda "flared out" at the bottom, but again i think it is because of the shot angle.

bmx269
10-22-2003, 07:22 PM
I have seen these kits in real life, (I was the person who originally went there regarding the kit and posted the news at k-series) and they are pretty nice, good quality for sure, and not needing much or any prep work before painting. The fiberglass is layed not blown so it is stronger than some kits out there. I have more pictures but have had no time to post them. :)

Civicvtec1ps
10-22-2003, 08:09 PM
post some more pictures!!
:D

DTR
10-22-2003, 08:14 PM
i was looking at the front end and it seems to stick out at the bottom corner by the tire, i think that it could be the angle of the pic, but what do you think bmx? since u did see it in person. it doesnt look exactly like the Mugen oen though, the Mugen one just seems "flowy", the REV replica looks kinda square, am i wrong? i dont blame REV i blame our US bumpers, but i was comparing the two(REV and original Mugen) and now ive takin one step back , but ur pics would really help out alot. post them ASAP :D

bmx269
10-22-2003, 08:22 PM
My pictures are at work, i will post them to the news at k-series in the morning. They will have the kit painted soon, I will get finished pictures then, and because its pouring rain, the pictures are limited to inside the showroom. I did think the kit looked good, but its hard to look without stepping back, and in their store its hard, as its a narrow building.

Si Death
10-22-2003, 08:34 PM
http://web.revcompetition.com/ep3/ep3mfb01.jpg
http://web.revcompetition.com/ep3/ep3mrb01.jpg
http://web.revcompetition.com/ep3/ep3mrs01.jpg
http://web.revcompetition.com/ep3/ep3rra01.jpg
http://web.revcompetition.com/ep3/ep3rrs01.jpg

i like the jdm mugen better but this is one of the best looking kits for the US spec Si:D

pHatSI07
10-22-2003, 08:49 PM
how much is the kit?

bmx269
10-22-2003, 09:40 PM
Beat me to posting the pictures. As you see, hard to get a good look in the building.

DTR
10-22-2003, 10:52 PM
well looks liek ur teh man that people will be waiting for. keep us posted , and keep the pics coming see if you can take diferent angles of the front end(particularly the wierd looking spot on the bottom corner of the lip, underneath the bumper lens, that little lip flare) also a side profile of the front would also be nice, but u get what i mean, thanx man ur pics could mean the diference between a sale or shopping around some more for me.

DTR

HK_EP3
10-22-2003, 11:05 PM
man, Im digging the mugen lip more and more!!! I wish showstoppers would start making a mugen lip for the USDM bumper in CARBON FIBER! now that i will get for sure!

psylovibe
10-23-2003, 12:09 PM
recieved this in my email:

The Mugen kit consists of 5 pieces, Mugen front lip integrated onto the USDM
front bumper, so in reality, its a full front bumper, Mugen rear top
spoiler, Type R style sideskirts and Type R rear apron integrated onto the
USDM rear bumper.
As for Type R kit, it comes in 5 pieces as well. It comes with Type R front
and rear lip, sideskirts and rear spoiler.
Mugen kit is $1200USD (shipping charges included) to US
Type R kit is $1100USD (shipping charges included) to US

anti-hu
10-23-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by HK_EP3
man, Im digging the mugen lip more and more!!! I wish showstoppers would start making a mugen lip for the USDM bumper in CARBON FIBER! now that i will get for sure!

seibon is making the replica type r and mugen kits in carbon fiber. afs motorsports should have the kits by the end of this year.

Halo
10-23-2003, 03:35 PM
Just got back from REV. The Mugen kit looks really good.
The fittment is good. Quality of the fiberglass is good.
The front and rear lips are intergrated into the bumpers.
So you are actually replacing both bumpers.
Everything is modded for USDM ep3. So it just bolts on.
They quoted me $1000 CDN.
Thats a pretty good price for front & rear bumpers, skirts, and spoiler.

HK_EP3
10-23-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by anti-hu
seibon is making the replica type r and mugen kits in carbon fiber. afs motorsports should have the kits by the end of this year.
sick! cant wait, as long as the quality is good, I'm in! haha

anti-hu
10-23-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by HK_EP3
sick! cant wait, as long as the quality is good, I'm in! haha

the cf kits are for the jdm bumpers. i think they're gonna look awesome. mmmm cf type r sideskirts and butt with mugen cf lip and wing. would look beautifull on silver. fitment should be pretty good considering the fact that im pretty sure seibon makes the mugen cf wings that some of the ephatchers have. then again i could be wrong. http://www.seibon.com/Products/CFSpoiler/CFSpoilerPictures/CivicSi-03-MG-2.jpg

DTR
10-24-2003, 07:14 AM
REV replioed to 2 of my e-mails heres what they told me, nothing much really:
"We currently have a limited supply of Mugen kit in stock for the EP3.
As far as I know, the kit is layered fiberglass.
Our mugen kit will replace your stock front and rear bumpers.
We do accept Visa, your total cost included shipping charges to US will be $1200USD.
If you would like to order this kit, please email us back."

and

"Not a problem, the Mugen kit consists of 5 pieces. It comes w/ Mugen front lip integrated w/ the USDM front bumper (so it will be a full front bumper), Mugen rear spoiler, and Type R sideskirts and rear apron integrated w/ the USDM rear bumper.
Your cost for the set is $1200USD w/ shipping charges included (shipping to US).
If you are interested, please let me know by email.

Kenneth"

DTR
10-24-2003, 07:22 AM
i would still like to see more pics from different angles........