PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii Chapter?

beansbear
10-11-2003, 09:50 AM
Hey admins!
Can Hawaii get its own section?

ep pilot
10-11-2003, 06:08 PM
Hey, I was in Hawaii on vacation two weeks ago, the vacation was great, although throughout my entire 8 day stay I began to think that Honda didn't import the Ep3 to Hawaii. Then on my last day I saw a VBP '03 in a gas station in Maui. It was clean, lowered on stocks, no tint. But I swear thats the only one I saw. I even crept into a local Honda dealer, not an Ep3 in sight, new or used:(

-Ryan

ep pilot
10-11-2003, 06:15 PM
My overall take on Hawaii, as far as cars go are. 90% of the cars you see and pass everyday are rented. Not uncommon that the most popular cars on the road are Alero's, Grand Am's, Jeep Wrangler, of course the infamous rag-top V6 Mustang. I found that you can separate the tourist from the locals, as the local drive anything made by Toyota, but a lift kit is a pre-requisite. Not many import cars though.

-Ryan

02SilverSiHB
10-11-2003, 07:28 PM
get all the people that are on this site in hawaii to repy :) I'm sure that will help get the master DTH himself to say yea.
By the way.
I'm going to be in Hawaii for a little temporary duty assignment in December :)

beansbear
10-11-2003, 07:30 PM
Maui and Oahu are two different stories.

Maui is basically rental car heaven. Lots of tourist go to Maui since its not as "city" like as Oahu.

Oahu is very urban and thats where most of us that are on ephatch reside.

ep pilot
10-12-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by beansbear
Maui and Oahu are two different stories.

Maui is basically rental car heaven. Lots of tourist go to Maui since its not as "city" like as Oahu.

Oahu is very urban and thats where most of us that are on ephatch reside.

Yeah, I was in Oahu for about four days, stayed at the Hale Koa hotel, I can't recall seeing even one Civic, a lot of Elements, and CR-V's, and certainly a good share of Tacoma "double-cabs" but not one Ep3. I think if I moved there, I would have to bring my Ep3, as It would be quite exclussive.

-Ryan

Lost03si
10-12-2003, 03:23 PM
SAY WHAT? damn you missed out...Everywhere I go I see a Import....::look out side:: see theres one...And one thing..Import cars dont go to Waikiki often. Becaues thers alot of Police that gives out tickets out to Cars that have mods...For Recon..And yea Hawaii dont have alot of Ep's donno why....:(

ep pilot
10-12-2003, 07:13 PM
Lost03Si , just wondering, hence your (red) Ep3 Avatar, do you guys get red Ep3's like B.C. if so thats awesome, I would do anything to have a red Ep3.

-Ryan

furious
10-13-2003, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by ep pilot
Lost03Si , just wondering, hence your (red) Ep3 Avatar, do you guys get red Ep3's like B.C. if so thats awesome, I would do anything to have a red Ep3.

-Ryan

nething? just go have it stripped bare/sprayed professionally. I think I'll have that done the instant my warranty runs out since though I love the black, it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep it clean (2 wash a week, 1 wax per month - sometimes 2)....nothing helps:(

Lost03si
10-15-2003, 12:48 AM
Nah Mines is Blue...:( I could't find a Blue 03si avatar...But I'm pretty sure in the next year or so..once I get my kit I'll paint the Candy Apple Red...

iR-VTEC2
10-15-2003, 01:27 AM
maui here

I say go for it!

and i know of (i dont know any personally unfortunately) like 5 dudes with ep3s on maui and a few old ladies lol. I met one dude in a subway store and talked to him for a while das about it. heh

there's a crap load of imports on maui and especially, a lot of riceboys with huge wings and altezzas etc. blah!

beansbear
10-15-2003, 01:37 AM
id love to meet some of you but im on oahu.. heheh

Lost03si
10-15-2003, 08:27 PM
Today I saw A white Ep heading ewa Bound B4 the Makakilo Offramp..so far I only seen 1 Ep that is fixed up..a black with red Honda emblem, drop black rim's and a few stickers..pretty dope tho..

eurosteez
10-15-2003, 08:58 PM
Any big island EP's?

ek9jdmhb
10-15-2003, 09:00 PM
My cousin from Makakilo jsut bought a silver SI. I'll tell him about this thread.

beansbear
10-15-2003, 09:43 PM
no one has seen me yet?
heheh

ep pilot
10-15-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by furious
nething? just go have it stripped bare/sprayed professionally. I think I'll have that done the instant my warranty runs out since though I love the black, it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep it clean (2 wash a week, 1 wax per month - sometimes 2)....nothing helps:(

I'm in autobody, The shop I work for would charge an incredible amount to do this. I know of an Accord sedan we worked on a few months back, some acid was leaking out of the back of a big-rig and sprayed all over the front, roof & sides of this car. Basically we stripped the car, interior, glass etc and painted the car oem heather mist using ppg just like the factory. The entire job ran the insurance company some $8,000 I think my employee deal would nock barely $800-1000 off that for my Ep3, still way to much money to spend on a paint job. I would rather swap a motor, or go forced induction.

-Ryan