PDA

View Full Version : headlight project question

ephatchback
10-11-2003, 06:19 PM
I thought of a mod, but I'm not sure how safe it is. I want to put 3" blue/purple tint fog lights over my headlight bulbs. It would end up looking just like projectors if it works. Here's my problem, I acually took an afternoon and took my headlights apart and test fitted the fogs in the headlight housing. I did the mod to one and left the other stock. When it got dark I turned them on and the mod deffinately makes the light much brighter and more of a white purple/blue. It looks great all around, but the foglight got extremely hot, and I'm worried about discoloration and or melting of the foglight. Does anyone know if integra headlights would withstand the heat? I realize they work fine in an integra, but are the bulbs the same? I had to dremel the hole in the foglight so it would be big enough to fit over the bulb. It looks fucking awesome.

kadafi
10-11-2003, 09:34 PM
most aftermarket fog lights comes with H3 bulb(at 55w or even 85w), and their beam pattern is not as far as driving beam pattern on our stock headlight, but more wide than stock's narrow pattern.

the one integra uses should be either 9005/9006 at (60w), and they have driving beam pattern.

or try this.

http://www.susquehanna.com/susq/hella/90mm.htm
65W DOT street legal projector

ephatchback
10-12-2003, 07:34 PM
I have allready seen what the beam looks like, I'm just wondering if the foglight can take the heat. I'm acually putting the factory headlight bulb through the fog light. I know the integra light will work, but it doesn't have the blue/purple tint like the foglight does.

Si Death
10-13-2003, 12:23 PM
could you take some pics with it installed???