PDA

View Full Version : Factory Springs Rubber Gard Needed

Pir8pete
10-11-2003, 11:26 PM
Factory springs rubber gards needed, if anyone is not using there factory springs could you peal off the rubbers and i'll buy the all 4, two front and two back off you for afew bucks with paypal, i'll pay the shipping. Here's a picture of what i'm talking about below.

I need these asap so i can then drive my car to my parents for winter storage, i'd like to do this before all that.

Suk02Si
10-12-2003, 02:52 AM
You can substitute some rubber tubing in its place. Just get about 8" of it and slice it down the center and wrap it around the coil. That's what 1absi did with his progress spings since they give you speaker wire wrap crap instead of rubber tubing

1abSi
10-12-2003, 09:25 PM
yeah i just got the thinnest rubber tubing i could find...also if you cut around it....kinda like a slinky effect....and that makes it so you can wrap it around and it won't come off....only costs like $1...the stock stuff is too thin for aftermarket springs IMHO...just look at Eibach springs they have some thick stuff covering one whole coil.....works though

Pir8pete
10-18-2003, 09:49 PM
yes i could try and find some rubber tubbing that will fit, but i would rather just buy someones stock rubber stocks guards off there springs that they are not using!

So with that said, anyone reading this i can paypal you afew bucks for the rubbers and shipping, i need this asap, as i wanted to get an alignment and it's going in storage for the winter, i need to get this done NOW!