PDA

View Full Version : ZEX smart wet nitrous system

MoodySi
10-12-2003, 06:21 PM
I just got a ZEX wet nitrous kit with the new purple box that has everything built into it. It supposedly reads the throttle position off some wire and I need to know how to get a reading off the TPS for the purple box to read. For those of you who have installed nitrous before, please let me know some pointers in getting this installed. My friend and I are installing this next Saturday and we both never installed a kit before however are aware of the dangers. Please help me out with some info on the electronics end. Thanks. I'll post pics and dyno once installed.

http://www.racenet.net/image/zex-82021.jpg

DENNISi03
10-15-2003, 08:36 AM
YOu have to hook up the wires from the zex smart nitrous box and tap into the two wires on the tps Throttle Position sensor which is located on your throttle body itself there should be wires coming off the throttle body near a black plastic sensor.

Didn't Zex give you instructions:eek:

MoodySi
10-15-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by DENNISi03
YOu have to hook up the wires from the zex smart nitrous box and tap into the two wires on the tps Throttle Position sensor which is located on your throttle body itself there should be wires coming off the throttle body near a black plastic sensor.

Didn't Zex give you instructions:eek:

Thanks for the info. The kit arrives tommorrow so I'm trying to get everything straight in advance since it is a universal kit. I looked at the throttle body electronics and there are a grip of wires coming off it. I guess I'll just experiment.

irrational
10-15-2003, 03:29 PM
on the bottle now man? i wanna go for a ride! call my ass!

DENNISi03
10-23-2003, 05:49 PM
Let me know how that nitrious kit is working

Beachya
10-23-2003, 06:58 PM
im interested in nitrous, i've been reading around on them, but how much does is cost (on average) to refill. for example the size bottle on this thread.

thanx

david

Vertigo
10-24-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Beachya
im interested in nitrous, i've been reading around on them, but how much does is cost (on average) to refill. for example the size bottle on this thread.

thanx

david
The avarage bottle size is 10 lbs. The average cost to fill up the bottle is between $3.50-$4.00 per lb.

MoodySi
10-24-2003, 03:28 PM
It's installed and the bottle got filled for $3.50/lb. at Team Stillen motorsports in Costa Mesa. I ran it the other night at a 55 shot. It pulls real smooth.

irrational
10-28-2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by MoodySi
It's installed and the bottle got filled for $3.50/lb. at Team Stillen motorsports in Costa Mesa. I ran it the other night at a 55 shot. It pulls real smooth.
yup man that shit is smooth

danoonez
02-05-2004, 10:23 PM
Are you on the stock spark plugs? And are you still running a 55 shot or did you step it up? I was looking at this kit just for a little bit of cheap fun.

danoonez
02-08-2004, 12:52 AM
Bump to the top for the night crew.

I don't know what happened to MoodySi; he hasn't posted in a while.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anybody else has used the Zex Smart Wet kit.

importhonda
02-15-2004, 12:19 PM
I have my buddies off his EK, I wanna install it, but does anyone have the directions? AT least let me know what wires and where? and where and how to tap the fuel? Thanks

danoonez
02-15-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by importhonda
I have my buddies off his EK, I wanna install it, but does anyone have the directions? AT least let me know what wires and where? and where and how to tap the fuel? Thanks

ZEX instructions (http://www.zex.com/support/)

Take some pictures of the install.

ViViDPeArL
03-15-2004, 09:12 PM
hey dude... i to ask you a question about the nitrous!

siexyy55
04-26-2008, 01:39 PM
Ya to tap into the tps just find that empty plastic adapter by the battery and fender and I think you want the green wire not the white but I don't remember exactly

clujalolo
05-02-2008, 12:17 AM
^^^^^ lol at this guy

**** this thread is like 4 years old*********

superchargedk20
05-07-2008, 01:37 AM
^^^^^ lol at this guy

**** this thread is like 4 years old*********

so what if its old. we lost so much info that all we got right now is bringin these old threads back to life with new information.

spleensSi
05-07-2008, 07:08 AM
Ya to tap into the tps just find that empty plastic adapter by the battery and fender and I think you want the green wire not the white but I don't remember exactly

actually its the black red wire off of the tps that you will get your wot signal. i just installed this kit like a month ago.

bigred
07-06-2008, 06:14 PM
SpleensSi How u likin the kit...how difficult was the install? How much u runnin? Jus askin cuz i have a kit coming in the next couple days...and if u got any tips/suggestions i would greatly appreciate it! thanks :mwink:

spleensSi
07-07-2008, 07:19 AM
SpleensSi How u likin the kit...how difficult was the install? How much u runnin? Jus askin cuz i have a kit coming in the next couple days...and if u got any tips/suggestions i would greatly appreciate it! thanks :mwink:

ya no problem bud. first off i love this kit i was going to sc but my funds ran short so i got nitrous instead and dont regret it at all. the install was pretty simple its just figureing out where to mount everything that takes a long time. im running a 65 shot and my last trip to the strip i ran a 14.81 which i know i can improve on compared to my stock 16.3 its a big improvement. some tips i have is you have to replace the fuel line that runs from the firewall to the rail cuz the stock one is lined with plastic and you wont be able to tap the line properly. and double clamp the new hose at each connection to be safe mine leaked a little at the fire wall until i double clamped it. make sure to get 1 step colder plugs. i have the NGK iridium. get the ones for a stock type s 2002-2003 these will be one step colder and also be gapped properly. o and when you run your nitrous line from the trunk to the engine bay just follow the fuel lines.

bigred
07-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Thanks a lot for the help man...hopefully installing on saturday. :mbiggrin:

Ba82Ep3
07-10-2008, 09:08 PM
ya no problem bud. first off i love this kit i was going to sc but my funds ran short so i got nitrous instead and dont regret it at all. the install was pretty simple its just figureing out where to mount everything that takes a long time. im running a 65 shot and my last trip to the strip i ran a 14.81 which i know i can improve on compared to my stock 16.3 its a big improvement. some tips i have is you have to replace the fuel line that runs from the firewall to the rail cuz the stock one is lined with plastic and you wont be able to tap the line properly. and double clamp the new hose at each connection to be safe mine leaked a little at the fire wall until i double clamped it. make sure to get 1 step colder plugs. i have the NGK iridium. get the ones for a stock type s 2002-2003 these will be one step colder and also be gapped properly. o and when you run your nitrous line from the trunk to the engine bay just follow the fuel lines.

Did you reuse the ends of the stock fuel line? You can pull back the rubber and cut the plastic line away from the ends carefully (there is an o ring on each one) and reuse them and have far less chance of fuel leakage.

spleensSi
07-11-2008, 06:49 PM
ya no problem bigred let me know how you like it after you get it all done.

no i didn't reuse the old fuel line for two reasons:
1. it was only a couple dollars to get a new full rubber hose and worm clamps and
2. if i ever want to go back to stock i have the fuel line siting around so i can throw it in quick.

the reason for getting a new hose from the fire wall to the fuel rail is because the hose is rubber on the outside and plastic in the inside. which means it makes it difficult to T the line to run the fuel feed line for the nitrous kit.

Ba82Ep3
07-13-2008, 08:33 PM
ya no problem bigred let me know how you like it after you get it all done.

no i didn't reuse the old fuel line for two reasons:
1. it was only a couple dollars to get a new full rubber hose and worm clamps and
2. if i ever want to go back to stock i have the fuel line siting around so i can throw it in quick.

the reason for getting a new hose from the fire wall to the fuel rail is because the hose is rubber on the outside and plastic in the inside. which means it makes it difficult to T the line to run the fuel feed line for the nitrous kit.

Nah i understand all that... if you READ my original post i asked if you reused the ENDS of the stock fuel line. I have all new rubber fuel line from the firewall to the fuel rail as well... but as i stated before... i reused the stock fuel line ENDS so i didnt have ANY leaks or the need for crazy clamps.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb198/dnewms/100_0725.jpg

bigred
07-25-2008, 01:12 PM
One more question spleensi...what is the diameter of the fuel line from the firewall? What diameter did u get?

spleensSi
07-25-2008, 03:34 PM
7/16 i think if i remember right.

bigred
07-25-2008, 03:52 PM
7/16 i think if i remember right.

Thanks 4 the help...:thumbu:

03ep3 stapel
07-27-2008, 03:44 AM
what shot are you running?

spleensSi
07-27-2008, 09:55 AM
im running a 65 shot. the best time i have got so far at the track this year is 14.6 which is quick enough for me until i do something crazy under the hood.

ALep3
07-27-2008, 05:12 PM
wow I run a 50 shot and run 14.01

spleensSi
07-27-2008, 06:09 PM
i never said i was a good driver lol i will admit it i suck at drag racing im more of a auto x guy. but thats really impressive for a 50 shot nice driving.

bigred
08-02-2008, 09:47 PM
I jus installd my kit and i cant get the damn purple box 2 calibrate itself!!! Tried what the instructions said bout 10 times seriously! Can anyone help me out with this please?? Noticed also that the instructions say the red light shuld come on after u push the button but when i flip my toggle switch 2 turn on the box it automatically goes on and when the lights switch from red to green and turn off the box the light automatically goes back 2 red when i turn it back on. Im lost!?

Edit:NEVERMIND I GOT IT!!! =)