PDA

View Full Version : Greddy Question

SilVic
10-12-2003, 09:06 PM
Sorry, I searched the other posts but couldn't find the answer. What's the banjo style thing on the Greddy? Do you not remove the oil pan? I'm confused. Sorry.

ep_nezay
10-13-2003, 10:06 AM
No, you dont remove the oil pan, all you do is remove the bolt. It goes in between the oil pan and the bolt. No making holes or welding required.:)

beansbear
10-13-2003, 10:55 AM
its probably the easiest do it yourself turbo kit. Only thing u need to weld is a BOV... IF you get one. It isn't necessary for this install.

sniperSI
10-20-2003, 09:11 AM
Who is running w/o a BOV? How strong does it feel, what would you relate it to?

beansbear
10-20-2003, 09:38 AM
i was running the kit for a day without the BOV. There was no difference with it on or with it off.

You know what the BOV is for right?

sniperSI
10-21-2003, 06:29 AM
ya ya, To discharge (blow off) any extra boost once the throttle is lifted and the boost has no where to go but back the way it came etc etc, but i think i worded that wrong.

(just didnt word all my thoughts and ran them all together)

Who is running without one because i may not purchase one right off the bat and wondered if there was any drawback or Damage in not having one.

Also, how strong does the stright up greddy kit feel, no one has ever really posted how the car feels after the base install of the kit or it responds thru the RPM Range. A write up or overview how the kit makeas the car perform would be nice. What would you relate it to.

1abSi
10-21-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by ep_nezay
No, you dont remove the oil pan, all you do is remove the bolt. It goes in between the oil pan and the bolt. No making holes or welding required.:) isn't that a lil damn low though? and does the line run from the top down? and not from under the motor?

02SilverSiHB
01-05-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by 1abSi
isn't that a lil damn low though? and does the line run from the top down? and not from under the motor?
ditto! Someone answer this please!
I know one line goes to the oil pressure sending unit, but where does this return line lead to?

beansbear
01-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by sniperSI
ya ya, To discharge (blow off) any extra boost once the throttle is lifted and the boost has no where to go but back the way it came etc etc, but i think i worded that wrong.

(just didnt word all my thoughts and ran them all together)

Who is running without one because i may not purchase one right off the bat and wondered if there was any drawback or Damage in not having one.

Also, how strong does the stright up greddy kit feel, no one has ever really posted how the car feels after the base install of the kit or it responds thru the RPM Range. A write up or overview how the kit makeas the car perform would be nice. What would you relate it to.

I ran the kit without the BOV because of a little mistake on Showstoppers side but only for a few days. The kit was fine and you could really hear the wastegate.

The kit without the IC is good but with the IC is night and day. You really get a lot out of the cold charge from the IC.

The kit is great straight out of the box. the spool up is quick and smooth. I hardly hit boost in normal driving and it only happens in WOT.

beansbear
01-05-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by 1abSi
isn't that a lil damn low though? and does the line run from the top down? and not from under the motor?

it works. why is it damn low? it runs from the top down.

02SilverSiHB
01-05-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by beansbear
it works. why is it damn low? it runs from the top down.
okay, maybe you can answer this....your oil line that feeds the turbo is coming from the area where the oil pressure sending unit is...but where is the oil line that returns the oil back to the pan going into? the same area, or at the drain bolt?