PDA

View Full Version : Did I buy an CTR rear swaybar knockoff?

7th Heaven
10-12-2003, 09:17 PM
I recently bought a CTR rear swaybar from a nationally reputable shop. However, I have reason to believe it may be a cheap knockoff that they pawned off as an OEM CTR rear swaybar.
BUT BEFORE I POINT THE DIRTY FINGER...

Could anyone describe the markings of an OEM CTR rear swaybar??? If you have a digital picture that would be great. If not , a simple description of any identifying markers would do...spraypaint marks, part numbers, included hardware descriptions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Alex

Civicvtec1ps
10-12-2003, 09:32 PM
i posted on honda tech as well anways.
ep3 stock rear sway bar = 15mm
ctr=22mm
just measure it

BlasTech
10-13-2003, 07:25 AM
If I remember correctly, my bar has a glossy black finish, and some sprayed-on green where the busings would go.

My bushings came in a sealed plastic bag that said Honda.

7th Heaven
10-14-2003, 03:37 PM
Did your bar come with new brackets and bushings, or just new bushings? I just received bushings, but no new brackets. When I threw it on the lift it soon became apparent the old brackets were too small. Looks like I'll be fabbing something up in the short run...

BlasTech
10-14-2003, 03:40 PM
I cant remember for sure, but I think I just got new bushings, that looked big, but compressed down just right when I put them on.

02SilverSiHB
10-14-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by 7th Heaven
Did your bar come with new brackets and bushings, or just new bushings? I just received bushings, but no new brackets. When I threw it on the lift it soon became apparent the old brackets were too small. Looks like I'll be fabbing something up in the short run...
you can still use the stock bracket with the new bushings..should work.