PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone actually have an engine dampner?

icegrill
10-12-2003, 09:47 PM
It sounds like they work for what they're supposed to do, reduce wheelhop on launch. but do they pose any serious risks to the car? Like stress to the shock tower, or cause of rattles? Thanks for some insight from someone who has one.

Peking
10-12-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by icegrill
It sounds like they work for what they're supposed to do, reduce wheelhop on launch. but do they pose any serious risks to the car? Like stress to the shock tower, or cause of rattles? Thanks for some insight from someone who has one.

They do work, but becareful what the results are. Serious risks are unlikely, I know other folks have told me that they prefer new ES motor inserts compared to the dampner. Scott (YssSI aka Southhonda) has one. Just told me you feel alittle more vibration at a stop. Not to be a smartass, but did ya try a search?

chet
10-13-2003, 03:31 AM
It definitely reduces wheelhop. ANd it definitely increases vibration at idle. If you are sitting at idle with the a/c or defrost on its even worse. JUst gives me a reason to turn the music up. Its not as bad as it sounds, but if you're used to driving a sound proof Caddi or Buick, you may not like the added noise.

Not a great pic, but I added one.

DavidT
10-13-2003, 10:59 AM
Honda designed the motor mounts to let the motor sway alittle for a reason. With the torque or our motors, you will eventually get wheel hop at one time or another on launch w/or w/o the damper...especially if you get nervous :o

DynaSpeed
10-13-2003, 11:13 AM
http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/506/8924/p/352381_3235341774362338989_vl.jpg

icegrill
10-13-2003, 12:16 PM
Thanks guys for the help, I've searched hear and clubrsx.com from what i've gathered they seem to be a little rough for daily-driving. I'm just going to get rid of the piece o' shit michelins and get some real tires. That should help not spinning the tires on every quick start in damp or dry conditions.

Dunrick
10-14-2003, 07:33 AM
youll soon find that better tires might just give you more whop...

get es inserts

dont beat around the bush if you want to be competetive

the vibrations @ idle are nothing w/ es inserts....makes it feel like a car