PDA

View Full Version : trouble with cf mugen hood

SeatownEP02
10-14-2003, 09:20 PM
squirtters dont fit...did anyone else had this problem?

is it safe to drill through carbon fiber with a regular drill to widen the hole?

Mugen_EP
10-14-2003, 09:38 PM
We did mine, Aldrich's(RacerDre), and Sonny's(Thaipinoy1) all without incident.

Mugen_EP
10-14-2003, 09:39 PM
oh, and I wouldnt use a drill againt C/F

Si Death
10-14-2003, 10:53 PM
We did mine, Aldrich's(RacerDre), and Sonny's(Thaipinoy1) all without incident.

sorry its late and my mind isnt working. So you guys DID have trouble and drilled it OR you guys DID BUY the mugen cf hood and had NO problems with the squirters right?

Mugen_EP
10-14-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Si Death
sorry its late and my mind isnt working. So you guys DID have trouble and drilled it OR you guys DID BUY the mugen cf hood and had NO problems with the squirters right?

Well, when I say "without incident" I mean we all had no problems getting the squirters in. Sorry for any confusion.:m:

chubbychu
10-14-2003, 11:27 PM
you could always leave them out and take out the whole squirter assembly and get rid of some weight...i absolutely hate spraying my windshield. it always leaves a dirty crust around where the blades end. I just get out and bust out that windex.

SeatownEP02
10-14-2003, 11:37 PM
i would take out the squirter assembly but theres still 2 holes on my hood

BlackNRedSi
10-17-2003, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
oh, and I wouldnt use a drill againt C/F

i agree, watch yourself if your going to put any kind of holes in a cf piece...the cf like rips bad when u cut into it...

maybe use a dremel...(dont take my word for it, i have used a dremel on 2 pieces of CF, but never put an actual hole in the cf with it) dont want you to go doing it then blame me it didnt work right! :)

RockEP_SS**
10-17-2003, 11:29 AM
Use a file of some sort. Not a nail file but a lil something bigger than that kind of file. Just be sure not to grind off to much! Just take your sweet time, and get it to snap right on so it doesn't come off everytime you close your hood (or boost in my case) ;) .

Rocky
Showstoppers USA