PDA

View Full Version : properly jacking up an EP3????????

civicracer1128
10-15-2003, 08:33 AM
well basically im asking how to do it. i mean im not an idiot, i know how to jack up the car but i believe you can do it in other ways other than the jack locations. i mean for like when i have to use jackstands. what i did last time was use the metal part along the side where the jack areas are for jacking up and put stands under the jack areas. worked but that other metal part isnt reinforced so it bends a bit when you use it. now i thought it was all good cause on VWs(where i recently came from) that parts made of a bondo like substance thats painted as too look like it might be metal. so you use that and it cracks REALLY bad. ours just bends a bit. so how else can i do this??????????? thanks for reaplies to my very ignorant question:o

Cuprsnel
10-15-2003, 08:42 AM
I use a board to distribute the weight so I don't bend anything.

jaydub
10-15-2003, 09:37 AM
you can use the rear tow-ring (center of the rear bumper) to jack the rear, and in the front, if you look right past the radiator, you'll see an arrow pointing to the radiator support jack point.

Chinaboy
10-15-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
you can use the rear tow-ring (center of the rear bumper) to jack the rear, and in the front, if you look right past the radiator, you'll see an arrow pointing to the radiator support jack point.

yes, or you can use the front back struts where it is basically the frame, its the strongest part and you can't bend it. Find the center and jack it up slowly until u get the desired clearance you want.

ep pilot
10-15-2003, 05:46 PM
The factory pinch-weld supports should only be used to lift the car on a level surface, using the oem wheels & tires, using the oem jack, to change a flat tire only. Any other work to be done outside of that should have the car lifted entirely using a floor-lift. If not possible a floor-jack should be used, and only lift the car from the Torque-box in the front or the lower control arm mounts in the rear. Note the tow hook is only on the car to tie the car down on the boat when exported. This is why you never see one on a domestic car. This is namely the reason Volkswagen & Audi give you a screw-in tow hook in the trunk. But the area where our rear tow hook mounts is very thin metal, that makes up the rear floor and spare tire well.

-Ryan

Zero Three Si
10-15-2003, 09:08 PM
Thanks for pointing all this out....I'll keep all of this in mind when I put my slotted rotors on.