PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Tapping sound help!!

03EP3Si
10-15-2003, 02:07 PM
HEy help! There is this annoying Ass Tapping sound coming from my front driver side wheel well.. every time i hit even the slightest bump i here it and its killing me!
I had honda look at it Three times and three times they found nothing.. they even took the whole dam thing apart and found nothing wrong...this started to happen as soon as i lowered my car two inches... at first i though maybe shocks....but i kinda figured it takes alittle more time for the stock shocks to go.. ARGG i dunno.. help!

97gsr90si
10-16-2003, 01:37 PM
Yes!!! Please!!! Help!

I've got the same thing! I noticed the sound after I installed the Mugen suspension kit...I never noticed it with the progress springs.

What is this noise?
It only seems to happen when the driver's side suspension unloads over a bump...although I haven't taken a close look at this problem yet, any info would be helpfull.

Thanks, Brian

03EP3Si
10-17-2003, 10:23 AM
Come On! there has to be sombody who know something help! :(

03EP3Si
10-19-2003, 08:10 PM
I guess we have no suspension experts huh :(

i will have to figure this out on my own.....

97gsr90si
10-20-2003, 10:02 AM
I have an appointment on friday to go to King Motorsports. They're gonna check it out for me...I'll let you know what they say.

FiL
10-20-2003, 02:48 PM
i had a similar problem when i first installed my springs but mine was just a matter of tightening the strut where it attaches to the chasis. after that, the sounds were gone. but it's probably different from your problem. on a set of springs there should be a greased up plastic sleeve around one of the coils that absorbs shock when the spring compresses and the coils come in contact with each other. maybe you need some spring grease. my 2 cents.

VIZHUNZ02SI
10-20-2003, 07:12 PM
i had that problem before
turns out i had a rim that was whooped to the point the tire is worn un even like a circle that had been slightly shaved on a side

LedFoot
10-21-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by FiL
i had a similar problem when i first installed my springs but mine was just a matter of tightening the strut where it attaches to the chasis. after that, the sounds were gone. but it's probably different from your problem. on a set of springs there should be a greased up plastic sleeve around one of the coils that absorbs shock when the spring compresses and the coils come in contact with each other. maybe you need some spring grease. my 2 cents.

I think FiL is on point with this. I had knocking problems after my spring install when I would do a sharp turn. It can be anything from the sleeves on the spring, to the spring being installed upside down. Hey I've seen it happen to someone before and they didn't realize until they swapped it to another setup. I would check to make sure the sleeves are there first. They should be towards the top of the spring (which 'knocks' the most.).

LASI02
10-22-2003, 07:17 AM
I have the same problem but with the help of some friends I found that the sleeve on the bottom of the spring (Tein S Tech's) on my passenger side has come off causing this noise. Good luck

potator
10-23-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by 03EP3Si
HEy help! There is this annoying Ass Tapping sound coming from my front driver side wheel well.. every time i hit even the slightest bump i here it and its killing me!
I had honda look at it Three times and three times they found nothing.. they even took the whole dam thing apart and found nothing wrong...this started to happen as soon as i lowered my car two inches... at first i though maybe shocks....but i kinda figured it takes alittle more time for the stock shocks to go.. ARGG i dunno.. help!

You hear some Ass Tapping sound from your car? ...Hmm... :o :cool:

03EP3Si
10-23-2003, 04:33 AM
Thanks guys i appreciate the help! ill keep you posted if anything knew develops... oh and yes and ass tapping sound from my car lol :tongue: :smilem: