PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Got Pics Of The Vertical Door Conversion Kit For The Ep3

prracer617
10-15-2003, 05:41 PM
I know what VDC jsut came out with a kit for the si and i really wanted to see what it would look like on a si im thinking its gonna look hot but i would appreciate it if anyone could send me some pics if they got it on their ep3.....thanks for he help

Peking
10-15-2003, 05:49 PM
Why, not trying to flame in any way. But don't you think there might be better things to spend your money on (its your money, do what you want). Also, I have know folks who convert their doors with these kits. And end up unhappy with the results.

prracer617
10-15-2003, 06:05 PM
I know its awaste of money buti was thinking of it for a last mod and i seens a 94 honda civic hatch with it and it jsut look sexy i dunno.....i heard alot of good things about the VDC kit but it a bit pricey1800 for 500 more i can get a turbo kit lol but i jsut wanted to see pics jsut to see if it was worth considering

03hatch
10-15-2003, 06:16 PM
i know the POLK civic have vertical doors....i ask the POLK guy he said that its a bi*ch to close the door...cause it has to come down very slow then close it shut...heres a website

click here (http://verticaldoors.com/v2/)

civicSIracer
10-16-2003, 03:08 PM
and you know your door is never going to shut right. dont waste you hard earned money on door conversions.

prracer617
10-16-2003, 03:14 PM
well it is a little to much show for me but i guess you guysa got a point ...but if i win the lottery im getting them lol

Mugen_EP
10-16-2003, 03:48 PM
When I had first got my EP I had e-mailed them about sponsership and they stated they were looking for a car. The price was $1200 and they would do the install. You would need to submit pics of your ride with their stickers on it.

I decided against it so I'm sure the opportunity is still open to anyone interested.

anti-hu
10-16-2003, 03:56 PM
there are much cheaper things in life to get a girl into bed. try liquor, its only 20 bucks a bottle compared to lambo doors which cost about 1800?

SiR Medic
10-16-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
When I had first got my EP I had e-mailed them about sponsership and they stated they were looking for a car. The price was $1200 and they would do the install. You would need to submit pics of your ride with their stickers on it.

I decided against it so I'm sure the opportunity is still open to anyone interested.

Thank you... From all of us... For not spoiling yer lovely car with decals and gull-wing doors!;)

My opinion on the doors themselves? Definately a NO-NO for hatches. Also, that's a lot of money for a strictly cosmetic mod that adds nothing to performance. It also adds nothing to looks unless the doors are open for that "wow" factor.

Also consider what these things do for the vehicles structural integrity. Notice how all factory cars with these types of doors (ie. Lambo Diablo, Ferrari Enzo, Delorean, and the 300SL Gullwings of the '60s) have to compensate for the doors by having HUGE side sills. Common econocars do not have these.

On the positive note however, you may hear people say how dangerous these thing are in a rollover. About how you could get trapped in your car etc... Not true. Trust me, firefighters can "pop" any door!