PDA

View Full Version : are Tein s techs worht it?

BlackSi613nin
10-15-2003, 06:36 PM
i really like tein and trust there produsts, im very tempted to buy the s tech springs.. however they arnt ep3 specific, i just was wondering why the spring rates are so much different then all the other springs? itst like half of the stock.? i dont know much about them, so is this good or bad.. anyone who has these, is the ride bouncier then stock? are the stiffer then stock? how does it ride? bcuz ithink its a perfect drop and they are cheep, so hopefully they are worth it. thnx

joHn

Civicvtec1ps
10-15-2003, 06:43 PM
rides great. tein s tech springs are softer than stock springs.
good for daily drive for me. and YES its worth it

SiR_d1
10-15-2003, 07:49 PM
Yes they are worth it!

Budddy, you are EXACTLY likek me a few months ago:D

Do a search and you'll know what I mean;)

jaydub
10-15-2003, 07:54 PM
There's a topic on this page which I posted with my S-Tech's just installed. Take a look. :)

I'm lovin' it so far.

02SilverSiHB
10-15-2003, 08:53 PM
I'll be honest...I hate these springs. They are entirely too soft for me. That's why I bought some progress springs...should be here soon thanks to chet.
Anyway, these springs are so damn soft, I feel like I'm in a boat..the car rolls like a mother in the turns.
I personnally wouldn't get them. just my .02

Kwazie
10-15-2003, 09:32 PM
YES thier worth it great daily driver

chubbychu
10-15-2003, 10:05 PM
i dunno...to me, its not worth it to go softer. and plus, they arent even made for the ep. my first choice would be sportlines but those are expensive, than progress, moderate drop nice ride (from what people say) than H&R, drop seems a little low in theory and a little stiffer than stock. but i got a good deal on h&r

raiyo
10-15-2003, 10:14 PM
worth it, yes. would i do it again? answer is no, if..... i had more money to buy Tein Basic or Mugen suspension. i dont like the idea with stock shocks with tein springs, or koni with teins. go with something that is tuned.

chubbychu
10-15-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by raiyo
worth it, yes. would i do it again? answer is no, if..... i had more money to buy Tein Basic or Mugen suspension. i dont like the idea with stock shocks with tein springs, or koni with teins. go with something that is tuned.

why not koni w/(any set of springs)

klik
10-16-2003, 12:44 AM
Go to sleep then you wake up and ask yourself, "is tein s tech any good"

DumbNewB
10-16-2003, 09:19 AM
Yes, they are worth it. I Love my drop and the ride :D

Civicvtec1ps
10-16-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
why not koni w/(any set of springs)
imo those are not worth 550. first of all, installation sucks. need modifications on front shocks. many people had problem with them.perch breaks bad results. ehh just not worth your time and money with bothering koni yellow.
http://a3.cpimg.com/image/97/2E/24420503-5bc0-02000180-.jpg
http://a0.cpimg.com/image/A8/2E/24420520-cd36-01800200-.jpg
02SilverSiHB's shocks btw

Makross
10-16-2003, 02:10 PM
These springs are soft alittle too soft I might add because it isn't made for the EP. But the ride is smooth. Bouncy over speed bumps. Driving is really enjoyable with these springs just wish they were alittle stiffer. I dont regret getting them. But if I were you I would get something that is made for the EP:confused: Like Progress:confused:

chubbychu
10-16-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
imo those are not worth 550. first of all, installation sucks. need modifications on front shocks. many people had problem with them.perch breaks bad results. ehh just not worth your time and money with bothering koni yellow.
http://a3.cpimg.com/image/97/2E/24420503-5bc0-02000180-.jpg
http://a0.cpimg.com/image/A8/2E/24420520-cd36-01800200-.jpg
02SilverSiHB's shocks btw

yea...thats because they arent REALLY made for the ep. what would be wrong with a shock spring setup vs a tuned setup?

Civicvtec1ps
10-16-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
yea...thats because they arent REALLY made for the ep. what would be wrong with a shock spring setup vs a tuned setup?
why would you want to buy koni yellow with springs or sleeved coilovers compare to fullcoilover set up.i just dont think its worth buying koni with all the hassle and results of product. koni yellow can be tuned well but why not get fullcoilovers since they are designed to work together. tein basic cost only around 900, installation is easier than koni.and 02SilverSiHB didnt use adaptor that he supposed to use with sleeved coilvoers(gc and skunk2), thats probably why he messed up his but ive read several reviews on koni yellow. bad reviews here and there. nothing wrong with shocks and spring setup though. its your choice.
check out DIY for koni yellow.
http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/0205ht_suspension/
way too much work. installed on my friends car. ehh took while
my car is lowered with tein s tech springs for now. i hope i can save up for fullcoilovers eventually. i had tein ss on my last car(em2,2002 ex). i shouldve kept it:(

eurosteez
10-16-2003, 07:00 PM
How stiff are the neuspeeds? cuz the spring rate for them is super low too. I called them but the fuckers totally blew me off. Thats my first choice but I also don't want to buy springs that are softer than stock.

BlackSi613nin
10-16-2003, 07:24 PM
the only reason i wanted the teins is cuz of the name.. i trust tein, and the price from show stoppers, how much are the progress, and how low is that drop.. i know i know i can serch, but im really tired now and really lazy, so could sum1 help me out? so, who ever has progress springs on stock shocks.. how is the ride, and does it bottom out alot? just asking cuz on my 01civ coupe.. i had drop zones or w/e and they bottomed out on any little bump... does the car handle better with the teins, or would it be more benificial to get progress. thanks

chubbychu
10-16-2003, 07:33 PM
yea thats true....maybe i will save for a set of basics. but for now im gonna just use my h&r's

Civicvtec1ps
10-16-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by BlackSi613nin
the only reason i wanted the teins is cuz of the name.. i trust tein, and the price from show stoppers, how much are the progress, and how low is that drop.. i know i know i can serch, but im really tired now and really lazy, so could sum1 help me out? so, who ever has progress springs on stock shocks.. how is the ride, and does it bottom out alot? just asking cuz on my 01civ coupe.. i had drop zones or w/e and they bottomed out on any little bump... does the car handle better with the teins, or would it be more benificial to get progress. thanks
let me do it for ya quick. Progress Drop: 1.8" front and 1.5" rear.my friend has progress. nice ride with stock shocks. your old car bottomed out because you chose shietty springs. dropzone springs arent great. they dont provide any springs rates or any informations about them. tein s tech springs are excellent. rides good on stock shocks. less body roll, cheap price. if you go to chicago meet on 25th, ask me for ride, i have no problem doing that. ( i hope i can make it to meet though.)

EP33
10-18-2003, 08:45 AM
1. KONI has a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser of the shock. What other company, coil over or not offers a lifetime warranty. This may not matter to some.

2. The broken Koni perch mount in the pic above (a.k.a. C-clip) was due to Skunk2 coil overs. Koni says not to use Skunk2 coilovers with their shock.

3. How often are you going to raise and lower your car with coil-overs?

4. How often are you going to get your car aligned after changing the height of the suspension.

5. After running H&R Sports, Tein S-Techs, & Eibach Sportlines all with Koni struts, I can say that Eibach has done all of their homework on the Sportlines. Out of Progress, H&R, and Tein, they are the only company (to my knowledge) that includes new rear bumpstops engineered to work with our suspension. Why is that?

BlackSi613nin
10-18-2003, 09:00 AM
i already ordered the tein s tech springs, and i will eventually get koni yellows once my stock shocks go... that should be fine.. eventually i will sell the tein stechs to some 7thgen owner once the ep3 specific springs come out..(from tein) thanks for all your help and suggestions

joHn