PDA

View Full Version : 5 lugs vs 4 lugs

nozomi
10-16-2003, 03:33 AM
unfortunately 02 and 03 ep are are running on 4 lugs vs 04 and CTR's 5 lugs

would there be any advantage for doing a 5 lug conversion besides looking good and wider wheel selections?

cuz i have been thinking about upgrading the front calipers in the future. if i stay with 4 lug would that hinders the potential for brake upgrade? such as changing to ITR calipers or spoon...

I need to make the decision soon cuz i am getting a set of 17" pretty soon. if i get 4 lug now and find out 5 lug is the way to go later i will be pretty screwed.

please help me out:'(

mrfixit687
10-16-2003, 10:05 AM
no real advantage, spend your money on some other worthwhile mod like power :)

seattlecivic
10-16-2003, 02:22 PM
I second that... screw the lugs. Go for the engine performance mods.

benmunger
10-27-2003, 02:28 PM
i would think five lugs are heavier... just a guess

tony speed
10-27-2003, 02:43 PM
if you NEED a large selection of high-class bling bling rims or you're a professional race driver working on a competition car that will be under a ton-load of stress regularly, then 5-lug is for you.

otherwise, no.

Peking
10-27-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by tony speed
if you NEED a large selection of high-class bling bling rims or you're a professional race driver working on a competition car that will be under a ton-load of stress regularly, then 5-lug is for you.
otherwise, no.

Agreed, so don't stress :D Upgrading your brakes, are you sure you would want to convert to CTR brakes. How about a kit from someone else, would be easier to get, and might be cheaper.

shimmy_yaz
10-27-2003, 09:09 PM
yeah dammit i was hopin to pick up a set of 04 stock rims cheap then I realized they were 5 lug I was so pissed. In alot of ways I wish I would have waited and got the 04 they are so much more pimp.