PDA

View Full Version : Have turbo , NEED INSTALLATION!! -any help?

esmith13
10-16-2003, 06:04 AM
O.K. -

Things just HAVE to get more and more dismal for me as the days go by....

Any one know of a place that would be willing to install my Cybernation Stage I Turbo Kit into my '02 Civic Si?????

3.5 months after ordering the kit is here....

... Now I just need to get it IN the god damned car...

I will accept info on ANY place that will do this kind of work.
If you or a friend is a mechanic by day and have a well equipped personal garage and you think you can handel it, i will entertain that option as well, but will want to be present and/or have a hand in it myself.

Just for reference, I know someone who did the kit themselves -- it's do-able, just I don't have a garage OR the tools. Oh, and Cybernation themselves charges $750 for this install, so there's a monatary reference for those fly by night mechanics who may want to "bid" on this job...

Thanks in advance for any info or references,

Eric Smith

02SilverSiHB
10-16-2003, 07:15 AM
Can't help...of course since I'm here TX :D but a little advice...find the best place for the install...someone that knows what they are doing...no matter the price. :)

ep_nezay
10-16-2003, 05:59 PM
Congrats on your kit and I dont mean to be rude, but why didnt you think about the install before you ordered it?
Hope it you find someone BUT not anyone.
GL.

esmith13
10-16-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by ep_nezay
Congrats on your kit and I dont mean to be rude, but why didnt you think about the install before you ordered it?
Hope it you find someone BUT not anyone.
GL.

I did, my sponsor was going to do it 3 MONTHS ago, when I first ordered it... But Cybernation fucked up big time and left me hangin' and my sponsor is in Wilmington, DE and hurracaine issabelle FUCKED there place up BAD. There negotiating a lease on a new garage now, but told me "not to wait on them"....

Story of my life :(

Eric

chet
10-16-2003, 09:15 PM
Wanted to let you know, I posted a thread on another board (w/ mucho members) to see if I can get any feedback for you. I just posted so I will let you know what I find tomorrow or Saturday.

andy
10-16-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by chet
Wanted to let you know, I posted a thread on another board (w/ mucho members) to see if I can get any feedback for you. I just posted so I will let you know what I find tomorrow or Saturday.

I don't know where chet is talking about, but I'd try honda-tech if
I were you. Plenty of guys on there who know what they are doing installing
turbos on B/D-series and I'm sure a few who would like to get their
hands on a K-series.

oogy-boogy
10-16-2003, 09:41 PM
Eric, you may want to post on clubrsx as well......I always see lots-o-locals that have turbo'ed RSX's....

Check out these links:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76274
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105598
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109808
http://forums.clubrsx.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=21
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79815
http://forums.clubrsx.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=52

Good luck E.......

O-B :D

chet
10-17-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by andy
I don't know where chet is talking about, but I'd try honda-tech if
I were you. Plenty of guys on there who know what they are doing installing
turbos on B/D-series and I'm sure a few who would like to get their
hands on a K-series.

I posted on ClubSi. Hopefully getting some info on a shop in Pittsburgh. SO far, that's all I've heard of.

87gn
10-17-2003, 06:23 PM
why not do it your self? you aint going to learn nothing if some one else does it for you:rolleyes:

mixedupneko
10-17-2003, 10:03 PM
Hey my boys have a shop in linden NJ. they do good work and helped me do all my work on my old ep so id recodmend them. If you have any questions let me know. i can get you a hookup price.

esmith13
10-19-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by mixedupneko
Hey my boys have a shop in linden NJ. they do good work and helped me do all my work on my old ep so id recodmend them. If you have any questions let me know. i can get you a hookup price.

I would apprecieate the info!

I have one place that will do it for $600 including powdercaoting the pipes... But all I have to go on is a visit to their shop... I never heard of them before, but they seem to do good reputable work...

Please send any info you got tho, especially ifd you recommend them...

Eric

Black 02 SI
10-19-2003, 04:43 PM
yo what's going on. my friends owns a shop check out his site. www.autospeedperformance.com they do a ton of custom turbo work, and I know the guys real well they do a great job. I can give them a call and see how much they would charge you or you can call yourself. they are located on rte 130 like 10 mins from the burlington bristol bridge.

esmith13
10-19-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by 87gn
why not do it your self? you aint going to learn nothing if some one else does it for you:rolleyes:

I was actually going to do it myself... However I do not have a garage or driveway - nor do I own the tools necessary to do the job (yes I know it's mostly standard sockets and wrenches). I had arrangements to do it @ a fellow EPers facilities a fair distance from my home, but their self install experience for the same kit has proven it cannot be accomplished in simply a Saturday and Sunday or even 3 days... I would not put them out to board me for a week, and would loose more money not workin the week that it's worth. If I had somewhere to rent a garage AND tools for a reasonable fee for a week to do it myself I would be ALL OVER it...

I really DID want to do this on my own. To date -- only my springs were done by someone else than me, and I regret that decision as well.

There's no better way to learn what makes your car tick than to give it an arterial bypass yourself ;)

I was counting on the experience to allow me to confidently troubleshoot the inevitable problems an aftermarket turbo WILL have, as well as feel comfortable doing any repairs (aside from engine internals) myself...

Anyhoo, 87gn -- have I mentioned I really think you're a cool dude? I would really love to hang out with you some time. You're a rare breed. Fuck what everyone else says about you here.

Eric

87gn
10-19-2003, 06:12 PM
ah that puts it in to prespective, then again, it would be a reasion to build your self a garage and stock it with cool new tools that you would probably never even use again:D ;)

thx for the compliments, although i was un-awair(sp) that said any thing bad about me;) hehe, kinda makes me wana pack up the war wagon and head up there to help ya out.:)

chet
10-19-2003, 06:22 PM
Here's what I've gathered so far

Fuzion Auto Styling and Performance
2116 Darby Road
Havertown, PA 19083
(610)-789-7080

The only thing I can tell you about the shop is the guy that posted said he talked to both the guy who runs the shop and their Honda-tech. ..and he "says" they know what their talking about. He obviously has not had any work done there yet. But a shop to check into and determine for yourself if they're worthy:)

esmith13
10-19-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by 87gn
ah that puts it in to prespective, then again, it would be a reasion to build your self a garage and stock it with cool new tools that you would probably never even use again:D ;)

thx for the compliments, although i was un-awair(sp) that said any thing bad about me;) hehe, kinda makes me wana pack up the war wagon and head up there to help ya out.:)

Nothing HERE was said bad about you... I have simply read alot of the posts you have released your "inner beauty" on. Your a good hearted - good intentioned soul, that's all. I just imagined how a comment like you made here and in one of my other posts before makes some people start a bitch-fest.

As for building a garage, if i didn't live in a row home in the middle of the block on a small one way street that only has parking on one side (it's THAT small), I would have built a garage for my pride and joy when I bought her (hell, I woulda built it for my '78 Grand Marquis - the only car I would give up my EP to have back...)

Oh, and if that plesant little comment made you think about helpin me, how much sucking up would I have to do to actually make it happen?? :angel:

Seriously tho - if i could aquire the necessary resources, I would do it myself... especially since NOT doin it myself means I have to sit on it and stare at the box collect dust for a month or two... Between my kid's birthday, Christmas, and other shit goin on with bills and the like, $600 is hard to throw away right now...

Eric

esmith13
10-19-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by chet
Here's what I've gathered so far

Fuzion Auto Styling and Performance
2116 Darby Road
Havertown, PA 19083
(610)-789-7080

The only thing I can tell you about the shop is the guy that posted said he talked to both the guy who runs the shop and their Honda-tech. ..and he "says" they know what their talking about. He obviously has not had any work done there yet. But a shop to check into and determine for yourself if they're worthy:)

Thanks, Chet...

I'll give them a call Monday or Tuesday as time allows....

Eric

chet
10-19-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by esmith13
Thanks, Chet...

I'll give them a call Monday or Tuesday as time allows....

Eric

Glad to be of help. Let me know what you find out from them. I get to take mine in tomorrow for my turbo install. I can't wait until this weekend.

87gn
10-19-2003, 09:33 PM
Nothing HERE was said bad about you... I have simply read alot of the posts you have released your "inner beauty" on.

lmfao, ive been called alot of names before, most of them true, but ive never herd it put in those words:D but i get what your saying. i can be. no, i am. a prick some if not most of the time.

the problem with the internet is that things can easily be taken out of context because you cant see the persons expressions (besides the limited smilies) nor can you hear the tone in the persons voice. if i came off as offensive or arragonent im sorry because im not trying to be.

well, any how, good luck with the kit. just watch who you take it to, some of these back woods shops i would not trust my lawn mower with.

oldschoolimport
10-19-2003, 09:58 PM
I got a plan. I have turbo experience and I am in north alabama. I'll leave here going east north east, pick up 87gn, we will head north up the coast, pickin up whores in the process. we should be there about christmas or new years, tired, hungry, and penniless, just like the emigrants of yor. we will do the install for gas and ho money for the way home. sound good?:D

seriously though. several of us have turbo experience, so if you do find a friends garage to do it in yourself and have problems, I am sure you can find some help here. good luck.

mixedupneko
10-19-2003, 09:59 PM
1320online.com

1320 performance
linden,nj
elizibeth ave

sniperSI
10-20-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by esmith13
. You're a rare breed. Fuck what everyone else says about you here.

Eric

Did i miss something?

esmith13
10-21-2003, 06:19 AM
Not really, SniperSi...

I have read most of the threads in the turbo forum that 87gn has been a part of... His type of retort usually gets him in trouble here, yet there is always truth in what he says - unlike most others here who talk out their ass yet "go with the flow"...

It had nothing to do with THIS thread, per se...

Eric

Si4U2NV
10-21-2003, 04:35 PM
Consult: EPHatchGirl:smilem:

-Mike

PS-i would LOVE to help you install the kit (YAY!) but ur too far away--if you were in florida i would be all over that!:winkm:

esmith13
10-21-2003, 04:39 PM
thanks for the tip, but i WAS going to do it myself @ ephatchgirls garage.... till it turned out to take 1 week to complete....

I can't put her out that long or be stranded in MD for that long.

When we thought it would be 3 days to do i was gonna do it the weekend after her at her garage....

Didn't pan out tho :(

Eric

Black 02 SI
10-22-2003, 08:25 AM
i know how to solve all your problems.....give me the turbo kit, lol. j/k, i'm not sure if you saw my other post, but my friends own a shop that do a lot of turbo work. their website is www.autospeedperformance.com

87gn
10-23-2003, 06:47 PM
thanks for the tip, but i WAS going to do it myself @ ephatchgirls garage.... till it turned out to take 1 week to complete....

actually, if she did that again it probably would not take as long sence shes done it before. for example, when i replaced my first turbo it took me 2 days if my memory serves me correctly but the second one only took me about a hour. true, what your facing is going to be a hell of alot harder but you get the idea;)

esmith13
10-25-2003, 06:09 PM
Well, thanks for the help/support all...

My car was dropped off this morning @ a place in NJ.

$600 flat rate for the install and powder coating the piping.

Completion no later than next Saturday. Due to my hectic work schedule, I will not likely be able to pick it up before than anyway if it's done early. That's cool tho, cause it just motivated me to remind them to take their time and not rush on my account.

Check once, check twice, test drive and retighten...

Rather wait the full week and get a quality job than rush them and have something go wrong...

Cross you fingers everybody... ;)

Eric

chet
10-26-2003, 03:28 AM
Sounds like you got a great deal with the powder coating included! Hope it works out for you. Mine's been in since Monday, and I am crossing my fingers that it will be ready on Wednesday.