PDA

View Full Version : List your factory defects

DownTheHatch
06-26-2002, 06:23 PM
It's a fact of life, every new model year car has initial small defects usually fixed easily and under warranty, list what problems you noticed with your Si and we will compare them.

My List is small:

1. Driver-side window makes a jerky motion and odd noise when rolling down more than 3 times.

2. Driver-side A/C vent will not stay down, it keeps pointing up after re-aligning it, I think that the A/C is blowing too hard on the fins and it pushing it up out of aim.

2k2civicSi
06-26-2002, 07:07 PM
1. my seat makes sounds
2.my washer valve leaks
3.my stock cd player skips 24/7
4.shifter is stiff and i have 5k on the car

xlr8
06-26-2002, 07:59 PM
just my drivers window so far

rocket_civic
06-26-2002, 08:41 PM
2K2CivicSi.... did you lower your car? and if so you need to take your car to the dealer and have the cd player waranteed cause i had to at around 5K.

Full speakers too.

CleanBlackSi02
06-26-2002, 09:14 PM
-Creaky rear suspension (gotten much better recently)
-Excessive vibrating near/from right rear speaker
-Dome light doesen't always turn off (on door open mode)

Does your sunroof stop half way when closing? If not then there's another.....

Brenetics
06-26-2002, 09:20 PM
Yeahmy sunroof does that it's a safety thing.

rocket_civic
06-26-2002, 09:22 PM
Your sunroof not closing until half way is a factory safety precaution for people that decide to close the sunroof when someones head might be out it! Thanks the honda for their great engineering.

Everyones Si does that dont worry.

Keep the ?'s coming everyone try and stump the all knowing OZ.

sammysir
06-26-2002, 09:37 PM
my problems are.

1. one stitch of coming out on steering wheel.
2. driver window was creeking and making noise.

btw every 2k2 sir in first shipment has that problem just got it warrantied the other day. They put in a whole new window assembly.

Brenetics
06-26-2002, 09:37 PM
Why does it seem like my car isn't much quicker than my wife's 02 LX?

I mean it could be that it isn't broken in(350 miles) but it does seem a bit odd.

punkdork
06-26-2002, 10:07 PM
Engine is underpowered
Open differential
5 spds and high RPMS at freeway speeds

Oh wait... those aren't defects... they're designed this way :rolleyes:

Scivichatch02
06-26-2002, 10:43 PM
PAINT- White spots in my paint (tryed to wax didnt come out)
BODY- Sidemarker wont stay in
MOTOR - Sounds like already needs a valve job (broken in properly)

BlazeX12
06-27-2002, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by rocket_civic
Your sunroof not closing until half way is a factory safety precaution for people that decide to close the sunroof when someones head might be out it! Thanks the honda for their great engineering.

Everyones Si does that dont worry.

Keep the ?'s coming everyone try and stump the all knowing OZ.

Had anyone found out how to get rid of that annoying feature with the moon roof? there has to be a way to override it. its a pain in the ass doing 50-60 miles an hour and having to mess with the damn roof, or better yet..time to shift.

SpacemanSpiff
06-27-2002, 06:05 AM
None so far. (knocking on wood right now)

SBC31
06-27-2002, 07:00 AM
Nothing major, this car is damn sweet, here's a few things from day one, but most have been fixed:

- Right rear speaker vibrated, I took the cover off, and 2 of the screws were not tight. I also added some foam around the speaker to prevent the speaker cover from vibrating.

- Driver's side washer nozzle did leak the first 3 weeks or so, but has since stopped. I have noticed however that when I use the nozzles, the driver's side one seems to hesitate when it first sprays.

- Cruise control buttons have a scratch on them (nothing major) thanks to the car cleaner at my dealer. I could have gotten it replaced, but this is too minor.

- Doors are hard to close some times. Seems that the car is very air tight and many times the doors don't close unless you slam them.

- Hood not aligned properly. Again something I can fix myself by adjusting the little bumpers in the engine bay. For some reason, I've been too lazy to adjust them though. Then again. 99% of the people would not even notice this.

Mechanic
06-27-2002, 07:19 AM
You think these things are "defects"? Spend some time at (just to pick a few randomly) at the CorvetteForum. com (lot of motor, zero quality); Bimmer.com (a ton of money, and the odds are 50-50 that you'll end up with terminal overheating problems just about the time the warranty gives out); MBNZ.com (a Mercedes site)(whatever they were years ago, they aren't now).

Compared to just about any other make you want to name, Hondas/Acuras are spun gold. Oil and filters, and they'll run forever (unless, of course, you insist on filling them full of NOX).

SpacemanSpiff
06-27-2002, 07:31 AM
SBC31,
I've gotten in the habit of cracking the suroof before I close the door, makes closing a lot easier, especially for passengers.

Mechanic
06-27-2002, 07:33 AM
Sort of like the old V-dubs: you had to crack a window or you'd never get the door to close.

SBC31
06-27-2002, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Mechanic
You think these things are "defects"? Spend some time at (just to pick a few randomly) at the CorvetteForum. com (lot of motor, zero quality); Bimmer.com (a ton of money, and the odds are 50-50 that you'll end up with terminal overheating problems just about the time the warranty gives out); MBNZ.com (a Mercedes site)(whatever they were years ago, they aren't now).

Compared to just about any other make you want to name, Hondas/Acuras are spun gold. Oil and filters, and they'll run forever (unless, of course, you insist on filling them full of NOX).

Dude, again these are just minor things we have found. In no way are we saying that our cars suck or anything.

SpacemanSpiff;

Thanks for the tip, I already knew that opening a window or the sunroof then breaks the cars seal. But man I hate it when it's raining...lol!

fishboy
06-27-2002, 09:31 AM
wow. let me add my stuff to the list...

1) stupid wind noise
2) my rear bumper and rear right fender are not flush where they meet
3) my hood does not line up perfectly, it sits a little to the left
4) seat belt clanking up against my seat and inside of the car

i understand that this is just some body work and other stuff i can't help, but they bother me still.

i can't believe some of the problems you guys are having, like the window problems, leaks, and creaking. i would take the car back to honda right away. my stuff is pretty minor and i wanted to take it back.

Mechanic
06-27-2002, 09:32 AM
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SBC31
[Dude . . . In no way are we saying that our cars suck or anything."

Nor am I!

SBC31
06-27-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02
-Excessive vibrating near/from right rear speaker

This is an easy fix. Simply take the speaker cover off, and I bet you that the screws are not in all the way. You may also want to add some foam at the bottom (like the one they have on the top) to prevent the plastic speaker cover from rattling.

SBC31
06-27-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Mechanic
Nor am I!

Sorry guess I read it wrong, my mistake.

NetDragon
06-27-2002, 10:19 AM
Yeah my back right speakers sounded blown or rattled. Learned this is common. Popped off ythe speaker cover and 3 of the 4 screws holding in the speaker where very loose. Tigned down all four and checked out the other speaker in the rear. It too was very loose, but not as bad as the right one.

Some times I try and stick it in reverse and it will not go. I have to let the clutch out juuuuuust a little and it will slide into reverse.

Otherwise, I have to say it has been a kick butt car! My friend was not kidding. The more it gets broken in, the faster it gets!

SmoothOperator
06-27-2002, 06:53 PM
2K2CivicSi.... did you lower your car? and if so you need to take your car to the dealer and have the cd player waranteed cause i had to at around 5K.

rocket_civic

My car's lowered, and the CD player skips. Not all the time but, every now and then. Are you saying I can take my car in and they'll fix the deck??? Plus...What did you have done with your speakers???

DownTheHatch
06-27-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by fishboy

2) my rear bumper and rear right fender are not flush where they meet

[/B]

Yes I almost forgot, my driver side rear fender and bumper a mis aligned the fender is in too far or the bumper is out too far.

And I have rust spots on my steel exhaust tips from the factory.

02TafWhtSi
06-27-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by punkdork
Engine is underpowered
Open differential
5 spds and high RPMS at freeway speeds

Oh wait... those aren't defects... they're designed this way :rolleyes:

Yeah I really hate keeping the engine revving at 4000 RPM's while only doing 80 MPH - what was Honda thinking?? It just seems like such a waste of gas!

SiCivic2k2
06-27-2002, 09:29 PM
Just hit 4k miles. Noises, squeeks, and problem free! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

ApexinSi
06-29-2002, 08:43 PM
My front headlights arn't flush with the body at some points, my rear bumper isn't flush with the rest of the body also.......really small and minor, only me would notice
I also had to fix the right rear rattling speaker.....anyone put aftermarket ones in there?, I tried to put 6.5"'s but the holes didn't align.

grooveline
06-30-2002, 02:15 PM
The only problem I have observed on mine has been that reverse sounds a little rough, and loud. The pillar on the drivers side windsheild has been installed wrong, so it was hanging off. There is also a teeny tiny spot where the paint was removed leaving the black plastic visible on teh top corner of the passenger bumper.

No problem closing doors with the windows down.

If you can beat your wifes LX, you ain't driving right.

Stereo just sucks too. Why do they even try pass that crap off, and then put a sticker saying " will not work if stolen". Like anyone is gonna jack a stock unit.
There, I said my peace.

02TafWhtSi
06-30-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by grooveline
If you can beat your wifes LX, you ain't driving right.

you mean if he CAN'T beat the LX?

rocket_civic
06-30-2002, 03:51 PM
I usually just beat my .... ummm. Nm. Anyways i also have a missaligned rear driver side fender and bumper. The service manager said tis probably a clip that popped out. As for my stereo all my speakers literally, i mean literally started on fire. Smoke filled my interior. Took me a week and 3 air freshners to get the smell out.

Glix
07-19-2002, 12:56 PM
Weird creaking sound when I make hard right turns while going up an entrance (like a driveway). Same weird sound every now and then going over speed bumps.

Right rear speaker sounded blown so I took the cover off and tightened the screws (they where horribly loose).

Shifting varies all the time, sometimes it's smooth and sometimes it's very ruff, drives me nuts.

If I really get on the car and push it through 3 gears smoke comes from the exhaust. Anyone else notice this? I've read that it's from oil being sprayed on the walls but it's not confirmed as to wether or not this is the cause. (taking it to the dealer in 2 days)

corbinh
07-19-2002, 01:26 PM
Mine has been trouble free so far(no squeaks or rattles) granted I have had it a month and only 500 miles on it so far. Did find a random screw lying in the floorboard.

Is anyones else door panels scratched up near the window from the seatbelt scratching them when you unbuckle them. I let mine go once and it took a chunck of plastic out of the rear panel.

SLOlife
07-19-2002, 01:34 PM
I have a rattle only in the morning, i sounds like it is coming fomr the dash area. So far I have not had any succes finding the source:mad: It only happens in the morning, by lunch time it goes away.

So if I would drop it off at the dealer by the time they would drive it the noise would go away. Bothers me since I bought my car on the 1st and it only has 850 miles on it!

iR-VTEC2
07-19-2002, 03:15 PM
I have not found any defects or weird noises. Weeeell...

1) It seems that the windshield is a little weak. Had it replaced already!

B)Some fuckin bitch opened her door into my car WHILE I was in the car. I couldn't cuss cuz she was fine as hell. But Then i cussed as soon as she left.

Das about it.

My only other gripe is that once i move my seat, it takes me a long time to find that right comfortable spot again.

litte things that I love,

HondaMan
07-19-2002, 03:22 PM
Only noticeable thing is the passenger side window is noisy going up & down.

dustinhurley
07-19-2002, 03:23 PM
1. driver window makes noises
2. chrome plastic button for the e-brake came scratched up
3. driver seat makes popping noise sometimes
4. sliding lid for the cup holder scratches very easily (not a defect, just poor design)

DrPimpSiR
07-19-2002, 03:53 PM
3000 km, still have stinky exhaust.
Rumbling from rear speakers, that was fixed at the dealer with foam tape and silicone.
All else is good (knock on wood!!!)

ghollett1
07-19-2002, 06:53 PM
Extra screw in driver's door removed after a week of ownership.
Driver side front side marker light falling out, waiting for the new one.
Defect in the carpet behind the driver's seat, new floor carpeting on order.

Steering wheel off center. Will fix next visit.

Fit of drivers door is not up to Honda standards.

Sunroof rattles when in up mode.

Rattle from passenger side area, its not the seat belt, I've not been able to locate the noise yet.

If this car was built in North America or Japan,, I don't believe these issues would exist. I've never owned a well built car from England.

PS The fit and finish of the Mini I tested was piss poor, that's one of the reasons I bought the SIR.

SBC31
07-19-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by ghollett1
Extra screw in driver's door removed after a week of ownership.
Driver side front side marker light falling out, waiting for the new one.
Defect in the carpet behind the driver's seat, new floor carpeting on order.
Steering wheel off center. Will fix next visit.
Fit of drivers door is not up to Honda standards.
Sunroof rattles when in up mode.
Rattle from passenger side area, its not the seat belt, I've not been able to locate the noise yet.

Dude you may have gotten a so called "Lemon" since every automaker has them every now and then. Assemblers in England must have built your car after having a few Guiness at lunch...:D :D :D

ek9jdmhb
07-19-2002, 07:26 PM
when i wash my car, it gets really wet on the drivers side right under the door. the car doesnt seem smooth (feelt like my 99 civic when the boot was ripped), and the door panel moves when i open the door.

HondaMan
07-19-2002, 09:04 PM
Hmmm...I wonder why they assembled them in the UK this time, always been either Japan or Canada (I know my 89 Civic Si was assembled there) for the Civic Si.

After all, England has not exactly been known for quality cars. I'm sure too much Guinness had something to do with our defects (poor fit & finish is more accurate)...hehe! ;) However, I think my fit & finish has been very good.

SiCivic2k2
07-19-2002, 09:30 PM
Does anyone have a problem with it going into reverse sometimes? I have this problem occansionaly and it's kind of embarrassing when you have people in the car. "Don't know how to drive stick?" :o

Hondatech
07-19-2002, 09:43 PM
Thats been a Honda thing since the dawn of time. It's a very agressive reverse lock out to keep you from stuffing it in R while moving foreward. Best advice is to go into first or second, then reverse. Remeber: "R means Reverse, not Race!"

FWIW, I have nothing to report on my SiR.

iR-VTEC2
07-19-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by HondaMan
Hmmm...I wonder why they assembled them in the UK this time, always been either Japan or Canada (I know my 89 Civic Si was assembled there) for the Civic Si.

After all, England has not exactly been known for quality cars. I'm sure too much Guinness had something to do with our defects (poor fit & finish is more accurate)...hehe! ;) However, I think my fit & finish has been very good.

Dude the 99-00 Civic Si's were made in East Liberty, Ohio. I still have absolutely no problems with my car : ).

It's like this. Because We will not get the Type R and probably never will (hopefully yes), honda would have to retrofit or make a factory for just 15,000 or cars? Not worth it. Why not do it in japan? Same reason.

Instead, what they did was create one big ass factory in the UK which not only makes ALL civic 3 doors, but can easily be converted to make other cars as well using the latest and greatest technology. If you're ever in swindon, take the tour. Should be impressive. It's somewhat of a transformer factory.

This, plus the fact that honda wants to have factories all over the world not only to meet the demand for these cars, but to give other countries a chance to profit from them, and to create jobs for their locals.

Honda is evil in such a good way. They're everything the usa want's to be!

HondaMan
07-20-2002, 03:25 PM
I should have said all Civic Si hatches were either made in Alliston, Ontario Canada or Japan...mostly in Canada. I think the 1st Gen Civic Si hatch was assembled in Japan.

I understand Honda

Mr.02BlackSIguY
07-20-2002, 04:10 PM
i had some minor stuff also... but nuthin the dealer wont fix.

anyone have a problwm with this poping like sounds when shifting into 2nd gear? its like this poping sounds when i shift and press on gas pedal hard... is it my car or anyone have thet problem too?

iR-VTEC2
07-20-2002, 04:25 PM
hehe aren't we all honda freaks?

I had a dream that my neighbor stole my car. I woke up yelling NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!.

SpeedRacer
07-20-2002, 04:36 PM
I have not got this fixed yet but thare is something lose insinde on my passanger door and when i take turns i can hear it rolling around in thare and when the door is closed you can hear it banging around in the door i have not had time to fix it but it is annoying and my passanger seat is messed up. When you pull the lever up on the right of the seat to adjust the seat or let some one in the back it gets stuck sometimes very annoying other than that I am loving my ride

ghollett1
07-20-2002, 05:25 PM
Anyone notice that when it rains, water gets lodged in the rear hatch above the license plate, the part that houses the Honda symbol. I'm wondering if after time , this area is prone to rust since water dose not seem to drain from this area properly. After a rain storm, lift up your hatch and them lower it, you will notice water dripping from this area.

02TafWhtSi
07-20-2002, 07:49 PM
I get that dripping a lot too - it really sucks when you are trying to dry your car and every 2 minutes you find new streams of water on the rear bumper.:mad:

02SilverSiHB
07-20-2002, 11:01 PM
nothing yet I think. I noticed that after one day that when I shift to 3rd it seems a little more....how to explain this...kinda like there is a hint of strain....like it could grind like the previous generation. I'm of course not slamming gears nor going that fast. I barely go over 3k rpm. I only have 200 miles right now.

FourJays
07-21-2002, 05:58 AM
No problems here, yet. Mechanic is exactly right too. MB, BMW and Corvette are superior road cars but can't hold a candle to our reliability. How much fun can you have in 'vette, BMW or MB when it's always pissing you off with problems?

CleanBlackSi02
07-21-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
nothing yet I think. I noticed that after one day that when I shift to 3rd it seems a little more....how to explain this...kinda like there is a hint of strain....like it could grind like the previous generation. I'm of course not slamming gears nor going that fast. I barely go over 3k rpm. I only have 200 miles right now.

I have the same problem and I have over 5K miles now. It's quite annoying.

LateSleeper
07-22-2002, 08:19 PM
I'm taking my car to the dealer tomorrow... I have a problem with the fuel guage. It intermittenly shows an empty tank with the fuel light on even tho it has 3/4 - 1/2 tank of gas. Just in case, I checked the gas cap... I close it with 3 clicks per the manual and the problem persits.

Other than that, everything is good.

I might pick up some splash guards while I'm there.

AkronSi
07-23-2002, 06:39 AM
I've had my gas gauge act up too. Let us know what the dealer does when you take your car in LateSleeper. I've had my gauge read 2 lines above empty, then move to empty and then back up to 2 lines. It was driving me crazy yesterday.

Also, does anyone know how much gas is supposed to be left when the low fuel light comes on?

Other than that, everything fits good, at least it did until I got rear-ended. But, that should be getting fixed soon.

Brenetics
07-23-2002, 09:15 AM
my gauge jumps around while in E as well......weird

SiCivic2k2
07-23-2002, 03:46 PM
I'm also having problems with my gas light. I was driving to a friends house one night and my gas light came on. I was like, "shit, I need gas". I got to my friends house and left my car running while I was talking to him. I got done talking to him and I was about to leave and I look down at my gas gauge and the light had went off and the needle had went up a few notches. This happens all the time. Very wierd. Let us know what they say at the dealership.

LateSleeper
07-23-2002, 09:06 PM
I waited for about four hours at the dealer... long night. Anyways, the dealer says that my fuel guage sending unit failed. They ordered a new one for me so I have to go back when they get the part in. Definately get that checked out if your gas guage is acting funny. I'm not sure if this is a part number but it says 645150 under the job description on the invoice.

:mad:

DOTEK
07-23-2002, 09:56 PM
REAL DEFECTS:

-passenger window popped right out when door is slammed hard.

-passenger inner door latch broken, passengers have to roll window down and open door from the outside (I don't think that the driver should open his passenger's door everytime as a sign of courtesy was on any Honda executives' mind...is it?)

MagusDC5
07-23-2002, 09:59 PM
Have any of you experienced any oil consumption problems with your K series? A lot of RSX owners complain their engines eat oil. Mine hasnt eaten any yet and im at 2800 miles.

SiCivic2k2
07-24-2002, 01:40 AM
Thanks latesleeper. I guess I need to take my civic in to get checked.

2k2civicSi
07-24-2002, 02:16 AM
mine eats oil kinda i just got it changed at 5k im at 6k now and down about a half quart.

Mechanic
07-24-2002, 03:37 AM
No R motor!:D Other than that, mine's perfect. Let's hear it for the Brits!

AkronSi
07-24-2002, 05:43 AM
I've noticed mine eating oil Magus. I had to add almost a quart before the first oil change.

I just had my first oil change last week, so I'll keep an eye on it to see how it does.

DynaSpeed
07-24-2002, 06:16 AM
My motor ate a lil' over 2 quarts at the 5k change.

02SilverSiHB
07-25-2002, 02:01 PM
I'm getting this howling sound, like a really faint horn sound.

It only happens above 80mph. I think it's the weather stripping on the top of the car, those rubber black strips. I looked at them and they are buldging up a little. It starts to buldge at about 2inches from the front. It's easy to just pull them back. I don't think it should be that easy. anyone else?

ApexinSi
07-25-2002, 04:26 PM
SON OF A BEOTCH SRS light!!!!!!
My SRS light stayed on when I left Best Buy yesterday. :(
I think it was because my friend bought a VW magazine....
HONDAMAN if your out there and your reading this let me know why the hell my SRS light came on and stayed on..some possibilities? I hope this doesn't mean them lazy people at honda messed up my airbags and they won't deploy. I want a different car now :(

SiCivic2k2
07-25-2002, 04:46 PM
My SRS light also came on, but I think the guys who installed my amp and sub might have messed up something. I havn't had time to take it to the dealer yet, but hopefully they'll fix it under warranty.

stingyboy
07-25-2002, 04:57 PM
the SRS light stuck on in my older mitsu...f'ed up sender or something. take it in, honda will fix it under warranty, for sure. hell, even mits did!

Glix
07-29-2002, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by MagusDC5
Have any of you experienced any oil consumption problems with your K series? A lot of RSX owners complain their engines eat oil. Mine hasnt eaten any yet and im at 2800 miles.

I took my car into the dealer at 2600 miles because of this problem. They said I was 2 1/2 quarts low. Apparently the break- in oil does not hold up well under high rpm's (5k+) and just burns off.

I switched to 5w/30 valvoline and it's not happening anymore.

SIborland
08-29-2002, 12:18 PM

It only happens above 80mph. I think it's the weather stripping on the top of the car, those rubber black strips. I looked at them and they are buldging up a little. It starts to buldge at about 2inches from the front. It's easy to just pull them back. I don't think it should be that easy. anyone else?

Yeah, mine has bubbled up too. Im taking it in on the 5th to replace it. Honda really couldnt give me an answer as to why it does this, so they said they'll just replace it.

The lock door sticker fell off the other day....what were they thinking with a little metal backed sticker?!?!

sonic imperial
08-29-2002, 12:45 PM
Well, the only problem that really ticked me off was that after I got it home and put in my garage I noticed a dent in the rear hatch. Too late since I had taken it off the lot, but at least it's not terribly noticeable (since the car is white). However I expected a dent free car but someone must have really bumped into it hard to put a dent there. I seriously doubt honda will fix something like this. Even a paintless dent repair person would have to remove some interior panels to get to it.

sicivic2002
08-29-2002, 01:16 PM
Only thing so far is that the damn handles on the seat the one that adjusts the back support gets stuck on the bulging part of the seat.

corbinh
08-29-2002, 01:23 PM
my glovebox has started making squeaking noises...get some kind of crunch noise coming from the front driver side when going over bumps.

redronin22
08-29-2002, 03:05 PM
i get the same crunchin noise when i get on a drive way or speed bump. its not every time but its enough to make me worry. Well at first i thought it was the exhaust or something scraping but since my car is stock hieght that shouldnt be an issue. Guess im not alone since a few others have heard this problem before. Let me know if u get it figured out ok? THANKs in advance.

Cone Killer
08-29-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by DownTheHatch

2. Driver-side A/C vent will not stay down, it keeps pointing up after re-aligning it, I think that the A/C is blowing too hard on the fins and it pushing it up out of aim.

I had this same problem so I took it in and a few weeks later they had the part and put it in for free...and it the process cracked the finish on the trim and had to repaint it. So, 2 days later and rental...good to go.

02TafWhtSi
08-29-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by corbinh
my glovebox has started making squeaking noises...get some kind of crunch noise coming from the front driver side when going over bumps.

I'm noticing this alot now too - I have about 3300 miles by the way. I even took everything out and it still makes a loud "bang". I'm also starting to get a faint ratlle on my passenger side (possibly inside the door).

Also, I tightened the speaker screws on the passenger rear about 1500 miles ago but now its vibrating again. Any suggestions?

SiCivic2k2
08-29-2002, 09:38 PM
I get a light rattle from somewhere in the back when I'm idleing, but if I give it a little gas it goes away. I havn't found out what it is yet.

66elwood99
08-30-2002, 09:48 AM
I had to have both side window motors replaced , the window would not go all the way up. dealer changed both with no problems. I also have the Si mats, and the Si decal began to peel off after only 5k miles on the car. Dealer also replaced. Does anyone who owns a sliver 2k2 si have problems with the paint matchin? My door seems to be a differnt shade than the quarter panel in certain lighting conditions.

66elwood99
08-30-2002, 09:51 AM

mine also was buldging out, I was worried of water getting into the body I had the dealer reinstall it.

SLOlife
08-30-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by 66elwood99
Does anyone who owns a sliver 2k2 si have problems with the paint matchin? My door seems to be a differnt shade than the quarter panel in certain lighting conditions.

I noticed the same thing on my silver car as well, but after looking at it for a while I determined that it was the shape of the car and the metalic nature of the paint. The dooor is almost flat, but the rear quarter panel has a fenderfllare that bends out and the panel itslef starts to curve towards the back. This results is the look of a flat panel vs. a curved panel at different viewing angles. Hope that makes sense:D

02blksi
08-30-2002, 11:57 AM
on my black ep,if i look just right at my roof spoiler in the light you can see where the paint is uneven (not on the top part but the skinny piece where they type r's brake light would rest the only part touching the glass), you can even see white/gray primer underneath.. any other BLACK ep's notice this? check yours!! --joe

natesi
08-30-2002, 08:22 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but my front windshield is **distorted**. I guess it doesn't bother anyone else....

Other than that:
2--It looks like the paint doesn't match on the doors (different shade of silver)
3--Bottom of hatch as a LOT more gap to the bumper on the right side than the left, but the top spoiler is flush all the way across... So, it's as if the bottom of the hatch is not straight.
4--driver's side rear bumper on the side sticks out too much (many people already mentioned)
5--steering is twitchy above 70mph; I think it needs an alignment.
6--Significantly more gap between bottom of tail light and bumper on the left than the right.
7--Seals. Sometimes I have to get off the freeway and shut the hatch again because I hear air flow. Also, it hasn't rained much since I got my car, but it looks like the passenger side door leaks at the top and runs down the B-pillar (saw water stains after I drove the car off the lot).
8--below stereo the little cubby-hole thing is warped. there's occasional gaps between parts of the bottom of the stereo and top of the cubby-hole. If I push it up it matches the rest of the car, but as soon as I let go the gap is there again. Also, the inside of the hole is not completely painted.

I'm a little disappointed about some of these quality control issues--I expected more from the legendary Honda reputation. But I probably won't get many of these problems fixed or checked out except maybe the windshield and alignment issue. From the last car I bought new, one thing I learned was the more you take it in to the shop the more the car gets damaged. Besides, I don

snubnose
08-31-2002, 03:38 AM
I haven't noticed these fit and finish problems.

odyessy SI
08-31-2002, 06:55 AM
well i had the same problem too. the mechanic at the dealer said that the srs light will go off if you have a passenger leaning on the seat in a certain way or even if you have the slightest pressure on the side of the seat such as hangin a bag or somethin on it. the srs will turn off so that it doesnt deploy while u or ur passenger maybe in a position where it will hurt u instead of save u. well dats what i was told anyways...

Hachiman
04-28-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by LateSleeper
I'm taking my car to the dealer tomorrow... I have a problem with the fuel guage. It intermittenly shows an empty tank with the fuel light on even tho it has 3/4 - 1/2 tank of gas. Just in case, I checked the gas cap... I close it with 3 clicks per the manual and the problem persits.

Other than that, everything is good.

I might pick up some splash guards while I'm there.

I'm getting the same thing. Did the dealer fix that problem for you? if so, How?

Hachiman
04-28-2003, 12:42 PM
The dealer replaced the fuel sending unit too. But that didn't work. Now there telling me it's supposed to be on. Is that true?

SiCivic2k2
04-28-2003, 06:23 PM
I have the same problem. It's annoying as hell. The little needle goes up and down all the time. I don't even refuel when my gas light comes on because if I drive for a little bit it goes of and the needle goes back up. Has anyone got this fixed at the dealer yet? If so, what did they replace? It would make it a lot easier to go to the dealership to fix mine if I knew exactly what was wrong. Thanks!

Makross
04-28-2003, 07:10 PM
the top right on my rear wing looks like it melted from i dunno what but it was there when i bought it i think :confused:

natesi
04-28-2003, 08:36 PM
Are your windows tinted?

My window tinter melted my rear spoiler. He paid to get it fixed.

k20hatch
04-28-2003, 08:47 PM
Heres whats went wrong so far..

1) Motor in the windows went bad the day i bought it...then a week later...so now on third.

2) Transmisson went bad and grinding going into everygear during break-in period with no hard driving

This is really a prob with the car but with the honda dealership....Went to pick up my car after the new tranny and they forgot to tighten down the motor mounts...so when i started it the whole car was shaking then i popped the hood and the motor was shakeing back and fourth...Wasnt to happy with that one.

But now shes running stronger than ever!! I love my car...
:D

SiCivic2k2
04-29-2003, 02:05 AM
Is that a Meugen stripe on your car? If so, where did you get it? Thanks!

Marcivi
04-29-2003, 01:27 PM
The plastic piece on the drivers door is popping off. I think it was due to sitting on a 100 degree plus lot last summer. The plastic over the 3rd break light is also a little deformed. Also probably from heat on the lot. My drivers door inner panel rattles too. Might just be a busted clip. I found a little black plastic piece behind my passenger seat too. Don't know where it came from or what it's to. My plastic molding on the roof is also coming up like someone else mentioned. The paint on the front bumper is not the same quality as the rest of the car in my opinion. It's harder to get water spots off of the bumper. My drivers side A/C vent also starts to aim up after it's been adjusted too. Even when it's off. I think vibrations moves it. I usually keep it closed.

-Jack

mhx
04-29-2003, 01:52 PM
heres a new one::

When your on the freeway and the windows are down and no one is in your passanger seat... The passenger seat belt bangs along the side panel inside the car..

sorry when its nice i love free flowing air w/ windows down :)

fix is to lock the seat belt with no1 in the seat.. looks retarded but works..

ShowstoppersUSA
04-29-2003, 02:49 PM
I got the rattling rear speakers, the embarassing chirping noise comin from my engine, and uhhhh.......sometimes I get the 2nd gear grindage.

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

BlasTech
04-29-2003, 02:53 PM
Im kinda scrawny, genetically disposed to heart disease and depression, not a good singing voice.... hmmm, what else is there.....

blackyEP3
04-29-2003, 04:16 PM
I have what looks like clear coat residue right under the handle of the passinger door. :( Looks like liquid glue or human liquids! :'(
As much as I'd like to have it fixed, I don't think I will just for the fact that they'd probably have to repaint the whole door.

I had paint defects in my EK4 too when I first got it and I took it back to be repainted twice. It never felt, or look the same! :(

I've had my car for about a month but never got a chance to give it a good wash and when I picked up the car, it was kinda dark so I couldn't see it.

Talk about BAD luck. :(

Oh.......Honda also didn't clean the car very well when i got it, there is still lines of dirt from the sticky film they put on it. Can I go back to tell them to do their job right and reclean my car?

Mugen Power
04-29-2003, 06:32 PM
Yup, same with mine. The dealer left A LOT of the residue from the plastic wraps all over the car. At first I was thinking how come I had all these scratches all over the car, cuz dust got caught on the residue and turned gray/black. Don't worry, they come off easily with a little bit of scrubbing while you're washing the car. :)

Mugen Power
04-29-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by mhx
heres a new one::

When your on the freeway and the windows are down and no one is in your passanger seat... The passenger seat belt bangs along the side panel inside the car..

sorry when its nice i love free flowing air w/ windows down :)

fix is to lock the seat belt with no1 in the seat.. looks retarded but works..

Same thing with me, I love driving with the windows down but now the plastic piece where the belt bangs is all scratched up :(

I thought about buckling it up while no one was sitting in it, too, but was afraid it would start scuffing up the seat...:(

BCTSI
04-29-2003, 07:02 PM
I got some suspention noise & slight wind noise. I guess thats what honda gets for not building this car in the US or Japan.

02TafWhtSi
04-29-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Mugen Power

Same thing with me, I love driving with the windows down but now the plastic piece where the belt bangs is all scratched up :(

I thought about buckling it up while no one was sitting in it, too, but was afraid it would start scuffing up the seat...:(

If you point the male end of the buckle into the plastic sleeve for the belt it won't slap around. Basically, when the buckle is just hanging there turn it around and point it down in plastic sleeve and it won't move.... see below

mhx
04-29-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi

If you point the male end of the buckle into the plastic sleeve for the belt it won't slap around. Basically, when the buckle is just hanging there turn it around and point it down in plastic sleeve and it won't move.... see below

slick!

JDMEP3
04-30-2003, 11:16 AM
#1 Right Rear where the the holes that the shocks are bolted in at the top in the rear of the hatch were some how leaking when it rained. The water would spray up into these holes and cause a whole mess of problems suck as a trunk full of water and wet rear seats. That got fixed but then we ran into a whole bunch of new problems when Honda tryed to fix that one. First the put a dent in the side of my passenger door so they had to fix that...then the paint wasn't right so they had to paint it again. The roof liner was damaged so they have to put a new one in. After putting in the new one the ripped the seal on the passenger door and scratched my tweeter. So now they are ordering those part but apperently they are on back order.

Who would I contact with these problems that I am having with this dealer, they are a buch of retards and want to report it. If I was someone from Honda I wouldn't want these bone heads working on peoples cars, I would lay them all off and restaff the whole dealership.

Thanks,

Mugen Power
04-30-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi

Good idea! Time for more open-window cruising. :D

SmoothOperator
04-30-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by JDMEP3
#1 Right Rear where the the holes that the shocks are bolted in at the top in the rear of the hatch were some how leaking when it rained. The water would spray up into these holes and cause a whole mess of problems suck as a trunk full of water and wet rear seats. That got fixed but then we ran into a whole bunch of new problems when Honda tryed to fix that one. First the put a dent in the side of my passenger door so they had to fix that...then the paint wasn't right so they had to paint it again. The roof liner was damaged so they have to put a new one in. After putting in the new one the ripped the seal on the passenger door and scratched my tweeter. So now they are ordering those part but apperently they are on back order.

Who would I contact with these problems that I am having with this dealer, they are a buch of retards and want to report it. If I was someone from Honda I wouldn't want these bone heads working on peoples cars, I would lay them all off and restaff the whole dealership.

Thanks,

Contact Honda of America directly. E-mail them.
I know a guy that contacted Honda of Canada with problems pertaining to his dealership. And they made sure that he was taken care of. At the time he was leasing an EX coupe. They upgraded his car to an Si, for a dollar more a month.

Will2K2
04-30-2003, 01:28 PM
-drivers door rattle
-sunroof rattle
-front end clunks when slowing and stopping, reversing

etc.........

Accordexcpe95
04-30-2003, 02:00 PM
-weak windshield (only 1900miles on the car and i had it replaced already.. )

blackyEP3
04-30-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Accordexcpe95
-weak windshield (only 1900miles on the car and i had it replaced already.. )

This was't covered in the warrantee?? was it?

superjon
04-30-2003, 09:18 PM
Here's one I have noticed in my car, and no one has mentioned. Maybe I'm just an idiot, but when I turn my window defroster on, it turns on the AC.... which cannot be turned off again until the defrost is off. Anyone else have this? I dont have any aftermarket anything including stereo, so I know I didn't break anything! Help!:o

SmoothOperator
04-30-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by superjon
Here's one I have noticed in my car, and no one has mentioned. Maybe I'm just an idiot, but when I turn my window defroster on, it turns on the AC.... which cannot be turned off again until the defrost is off. Anyone else have this? I dont have any aftermarket anything including stereo, so I know I didn't break anything! Help!:o
That's completely normal. But there is a way to make it ,so you can turn the A/C off, while in defrost mode.
Here's the HOW TO. (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=6290&highlight=air+conditioning+off)

superjon
04-30-2003, 10:24 PM
I was wondering about that... thanks for clearin it up! I thought i was losing my mind the first time I saw it on. :D

JDMEP3
05-03-2003, 09:40 AM
I called customer relations at Honda about all the defects that I had and the poor quality service at the dealership and aparently in Canada all of the dealerships are individually owned and opperated so looks as though I am SOL unless anyone else has some ideas.

phatsi
05-03-2003, 09:52 AM
rear defrost didnt work but honda fixed it.... the biggest defect is that i opened the hood and there was no turbo......junk:D :D

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
05-03-2003, 11:31 AM
No defects that i can think of.

Only 2 things that were my fault (covered under warranty).
1.) my 90 lb pitbull pulled a red stitch out of my psgr seat
(dealer gave me a new seat cover)
2.) slammed the seatbelt in door, breaking off that little nub thingie that stops the clip from dropping to the floor when u take your seatbelt off
(going in to get that fixed next week)

Hatch, Si Hatch
05-03-2003, 12:50 PM
Rear bumper is missing 2 screws or clips in the middle where it goes under the car a bit. I would have never known but a friend of mine was riding behind me and said it was fluttering, so I reached under there and sure enough there is 2 holes and two places for them to mount to. Still gotta take it and get it fixed.

SiR Medic
05-03-2003, 02:32 PM
My door switch stopped functioning after a few weeks. Turned out to be a loose connection somewhere under the dash.

Got it fixed no problems.

I do have to complain about the paint though, It seems incredibly thin and fragile. My hood already has a buch of stone chips.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
05-03-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by SiR Medic
My door switch stopped functioning after a few weeks. Turned out to be a loose connection somewhere under the dash.

Got it fixed no problems.

I do have to complain about the paint though, It seems incredibly thin and fragile. My hood already has a buch of stone chips.

you think our paint sucks?
go check out any Nissan Maxima, even a brand new one.
that cars paint is ridiculous, i had hundreds of stone chips after the first few months in that car.

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!

02TafWhtSi
05-04-2003, 06:44 PM
I totally agree SiR Medic - I've counted 4 noticeable stone chips in my hood too.

Mugen Power
05-04-2003, 06:50 PM
There's a really annoying rattle in the middle of my dash, seems like it's coming from the area between the middle vents down to the head unit. Also, my rear speakers (stock) rattle when the bass hits semi-hard. Do you guys think it's because of loose screws like some of the other owners?

Also, the end of my left wiper blade that faces the base always skips.

My drive pulley had a broken bearing and they replaced that under warranty.

Other than that, all I can think of at this time is the notchy/crunchy shifter.

Tekdemon
05-04-2003, 07:49 PM
I sometimes have trouble getting into reverse also...I think it might be a Honda thing where they don't want you going into R from 2nd or 3rd or 5th by accident...so even though my car is stopped it doesn't go in...

If I slam it in it will go...but I don't think that's the right method heh...usually going into 1st then into R makes it easier.

Not much else really...my CD player does skip though, just over bumps on the highway and my car is 100% stock!

What's this door recall? I haven't noticed much problems with it...should I be noticing?

bao_pay
05-04-2003, 09:04 PM
Hehe... I just read all of the complaints here... 9 pages... wtf? You guys are gonna make me cry.. I just bought my Sir and am waiting for it to be delivered. This is my first new car and I thought I'd just be able to take it off the lot with now worries but now I gotta bring a check list and check everything out before I take it off the lot!!!:p

dohcivtec02
05-05-2003, 12:29 AM
I had to have both door panels replaced because the windows did not work properly. They had something break internally and it screwed them up. Also had to have the driver door window track sill replaced. It was distorted. Picked up the car with a broken driver side mirror, so I had to have it replaced. It was a big hassle but Honda came through and fixed it all. Also, does anyone seem to have trouble when shifting from 1st to 2nd? Mine seems to not be smooth, like the syncro is kinda messed up.

XHawkeye
05-05-2003, 10:15 PM
Had water collect in the spare tire well every time it rained. Took 3 trips to the dealer to find the leak. A hole in sheet metal at 11:00 when looking at the right rear tire. Filled with silicon.

The front tires were out of balance at 80+.

Radio ate cds and wouldn

ATRIOT
05-06-2003, 11:10 AM
My 2002 SiR was a demo so it was sitting on the lot for a while, anyways if you open the back hatch and look at the top of the opening, theres a rust line, aproximatley 2inchs long, it seems that the seam rubs against the hatch, wearing away the paint.
Curse of the honda diease..... , Also when honda installed the security system for me, the technician broke the clip on the steering colum cover so it had a 1/2 cm gap, i took it back to them and was like, WTF kinda job is this?, they took care of it promptly though and said that they had been waiting for me to come back about it. And finally the rubber weatherstrips on the roof are bubbling up a bit, i should go bitch about that soon.
Other than that im absolutley in love with the car.
-Number 7 honda (woodbridge) is great for servicing with no hassles -ATRIOT

mental
05-06-2003, 12:25 PM
only one defect so far...
that huge H emblem on the front and rear...

LOL JUST KIDDING I LOVE MY HONDA

blueiedgod
06-20-2003, 06:46 PM
so far, in 6 months I had the dealership do the following:
1) replace the door panel on driver's side door, as the original was lose and rattled
2) replace center a/c vent, as the original broke
3) repaint the car, due to clear coat peeling off
4) replace driver's side window reguator
5) replace the weather seal on the driver side window due to failed regulator that caused the window to pinch the seal
6) replace weather seal in the hatch, as it leaked and collected water in the spare tire well.

I think this is my last honda/acura. Lexus IS300 is starting to look really attractive. I was thinking of Acura TSX, but I doubt I can trust honda QC again. Luckily my dealership is doing everything in their power to make the car comply with its intended design. Right now they put me in a corolla, better than honda's official "no loaner" rules.
Honda, "Can you hear me now?"

staticflo
06-20-2003, 11:13 PM
i have a rattling sound coming from somewhere in my sunroof, at first i thought it was the passenger door but i think ive pinpointed it to the sunroof.....anyone else have this problem if so what did your dealer or you do to fix it, im going to take mine to my dealer but looking for an easier fix.....

other then that i love my si, cant think of anything else right now i have almost 9k on it.....

carbonSI
06-21-2003, 01:02 AM
hmm, problems with my egg huh?

my synchros are messed, about to get that fixed

the "secret crevices" where water hides while your washin ya car, and sneaks out on ya while you dry?

my shift knob is loose

my headlight fogged up twice, were both free

and how the hoods dont close with ease? i was at a gas station takin pics, and if you look around where the latch is, its dented, i hold the hood up about mid chest/waist high and drop it to close..

floormat wore down, which is free with warantee

and, i got a freak k20, but thats not as bad as it sounds :D

and the thing i regret most about my car when lookin at it?
- Not gettin the OEM fogs... damn that makes the car too badass!

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
07-29-2003, 11:45 AM
Center air vents stopped working.
Brought it in under warranty.

"Performed Mode Control Motor Test- Found Bad Linkage Pin"
"Ordered Heater Box"

Should be fixed in a week or so.

ATRIOT
11-11-2003, 10:29 PM
Passenger and Driver window seals were replaced. The passenger one was whistling on the highway and leaking in water during carwashes.

Vertigo
11-12-2003, 12:14 AM
Back from the dead thread(rimes).:D
Driver's side window messed up once.
Damn creeky clutch pedal
Golf ball size dent in passenger door:confused: Some jackass put it there.:'(

BluePearl03Si
11-12-2003, 01:13 AM
Holy shit this car has been a lemon, but I still love it. Honda will do nothing to remedy it and the BBB is in their pocket.

Here are the defects in order of appearance.

1. Right Speaker rattle, fixed, but tech scratched the fuck out of my trim back there when removing it.

2. Suspension makes a wierd sound when turning hard left, like into my driveway. Still not resolved.

3. Bearing in Transmission went out, tranny torn down to repair (Shouldn't they of replaced it?). Still doesn't shift well and is sometimes impossible to downshift.

4. Bolt holding the Deadpedal snapped off, leaving the deadpedal flopping around. Honda Dealer sublet to a body shop (Fix auto) who did a cheap glue job on it which gave out very quickly.

5. Techs did not replace coolant return hose, drove 8 miles down interstate 10 before someone pulls up beside me and yells "Your smoking" and I pull over, tempature in the red, lots of coolant gone, and generally pissed off. I call them on my cell and guess what they tell me? "I'll have to arrange towing" What the fuck? They messed up, they know it, and I have to call AAA?. Sales Manager assures me they will get me a new vehicle.

Next day they call up and say "Everything is alright, it is running fine". I check the engine, they claim the head gasket is not damaged and I can't "Prove" Any permenant damage was done, so tough luck.

6. I move up to Washington, door begins to creak, sunroof rattles, exhaust smells like sulfur, and the engine is noisy and sounds like it needs a valve job.

7. Dealer fixes bad job on floorboard, says the rest is "Normal".

8. I file a complaint with the BBB against Honda, citing all the problems.

9. BBB Denys claim, saying it does not meet the criteria of the state "Lemon Law".

10. I have a peice of shit, hooray.

However, I'm stuck with it. If I sell it, I won't be able to replace it with another EP or any car that isn't a laughing stock like a Neon or something....

I think it was a Friday car, and it sucks.

My defects kick your ass =)

Mister_Ohkami
11-12-2003, 06:44 AM
Heard 'grating type sound' from belt area. Bad alternator (dealer sez one of the bearing binds), replaced under warranty.

Bad water pump due to bad alternator putting extra strain on it. (going to be) Replaced under warranty. Still waiting for the pump to arrive.

Missing exhaust manifold bolt. Replaced under warranty, still waiting for the correct bolt to arrive mid-December (takes 1.5 months to get a darn bolt?)

oldschoolimport
11-12-2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by BluePearl03Si
5. Techs did not replace coolant return hose, drove 8 miles down interstate 10 before someone pulls up beside me and yells "Your smoking" and I pull over, tempature in the red, lots of coolant gone, and generally pissed off. I call them on my cell and guess what they tell me? "I'll have to arrange towing" What the fuck? They messed up, they know it, and I have to call AAA?. Sales Manager assures me they will get me a new vehicle.

Next day they call up and say "Everything is alright, it is running fine". I check the engine, they claim the head gasket is not damaged and I can't "Prove" Any permenant damage was done, so tough luck. may not get anything now, but in the future, if your engine pukes parts, nail em coz you have proof on negligence on their part.

furious
11-12-2003, 12:30 PM
windshield scratches. to be replaced this friday. I got a thumbs up for my Mugen style CF hood from the service manager at the dealer...he loves the way it looks:D

Honda_boy83
11-12-2003, 08:57 PM
My rear deforster was not working. I took apart the moldings around the rear glass, and it turns out they never pluged in the plugs for the rear deforster. Works fine now. Thats all I got.

blacksihatch
11-12-2003, 09:11 PM
my clutch squeaks

k20beast
11-12-2003, 11:53 PM
my probs are
1. creaky clutch
2. cd player skips sometimes when i change lanes
3. rear bumper not flush
4. heater vent on driver side always points up have to adjust it constantly
5. ebrake button is chipping

other than thoes small problems my car has been running strong

k20beast
11-12-2003, 11:59 PM
my probs are
1. creaky clutch
2. cd player skips sometimes when i change lanes
3. rear bumper not flush
4. heater vent on driver side always points up have to adjust it constantly
5. ebrake button is chipping

other than thoes small problems my car has been running strong

RN4VR
11-13-2003, 01:05 AM
Light in the hatch has a short. Works when it want. Other than that no problems

priest6479
11-13-2003, 07:22 AM
ONly real prob I have noticed in my car is shifting.

Last night I was in a parking spot, I had my foot on the brake, foor on the clutch........CRRRRRUNNNCCCCCCCH when I put it into reverse,does it a few times. Only until I let off the clutch then press it again will it engage. Same happens in second gear once and awhile, very odd.

K20A3Si
11-13-2003, 09:28 AM
drivers side door won't stay open:o

BlasTech
11-13-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by priest6479
ONly real prob I have noticed in my car is shifting.

Last night I was in a parking spot, I had my foot on the brake, foor on the clutch........CRRRRRUNNNCCCCCCCH when I put it into reverse,does it a few times. Only until I let off the clutch then press it again will it engage. Same happens in second gear once and awhile, very odd.

Same exact thing happens to me. I just keep re-clutching and it eventually goes... doesnt bother me too much, since the other gears seem fine.

camslash
11-14-2003, 12:16 PM
my clutch creaks too. i'm glad to see it on here though because my car got towed backwards 40 miles on the front wheels in first gear by a complete dick and i was worried. i had a loose rear speaker too. also, when i wash it, the driver's side threshold plate gets water on it and every morning there are bugs in my car flying around. that tells me bad seal, but it's hard to close the doors so i know it's air tight. i haven't figured that one out yet. also the rubber strip around the bottom of the bumper was installed all half assed and off center. i fixed that myself when i was putting the fender well back together after putting in my cai. the only other issue i have is the transmission. i think the ratios for first and second are too close (grinds too easy) and fifth isn't tall enough. honda decided not to give us a sixth gear and not to sound insulate the cabin and they knew damn well less than 10 percent of the si's sold would be running stock exhaust. they should have decided to stretch fifth out enough so that i don't have to blow my crappy irregularly drilled speakers to hear my music on the highway. oh and the plastic is too soft. everywhere. i can cut it with my fingernail anywhere on the car. why have seats that fold flat and make a huge cargo area if you can't put anything in it without cutting sport stripes into the interior? still. even scarred up, best interior on a car this cheap ever.

AlbinoSi
07-15-2004, 09:53 PM
There is also a teeny tiny spot where the paint was removed leaving the black plastic visible on teh top corner of the passenger bumper.

Same here on either side. Very small but noticable to me. My Cd player skips a lot too. My rear speaker rattles as well and my rear bumper is miss alinged on the side as well. Also is it just me or are the front and back bumper and the side skirts look way off in color? I only have 400 miles on it so it has to break in. Is there a certain way to break in a car?

mathman
07-15-2004, 10:36 PM
Remeber: "R means Reverse, not Race!"

Can't it be both?
:winkm:

Mathman.

Buckeye34
07-15-2004, 11:25 PM
wow old thread

dvs618
07-16-2004, 10:49 AM
passage seat lever keeps getting struck on the side of the seat when moving seat to front to open for back passage.

onEswEEtEp3
07-16-2004, 11:50 AM
passage seat lever keeps getting struck on the side of the seat when moving seat to front to open for back passage.
^^ ha I got that too! and my dashboard is peeling where the glove compart and the dash meets!!! :yellm:

johnkimble
07-16-2004, 12:15 PM
seems like this is a reoccuring problem but my driver side window seems to never roll up properly. even when it rolls up it sounds like its cracked open. i had the "window channel" replaced 2 months ago and it came back a week later... i'm just deciding whether or not i can live with it for the rest of the time i have this car or to let the dodgy honda mechanics take 2 hours to fix it while i smoke cigarettes and look over their shoulder :(

that's really my only problem so far... :)

dmpslc
07-16-2004, 01:22 PM
I have a rattle only in the morning, i sounds like it is coming fomr the dash area. So far I have not had any succes finding the source:mad: It only happens in the morning, by lunch time it goes away.

So if I would drop it off at the dealer by the time they would drive it the noise would go away. Bothers me since I bought my car on the 1st and it only has 850 miles on it!

I have a similar dash rattle... very slight, high pitch, sounds like right between my knees under the wheel. Makes it really hard to listen for it while I drive, and interesting for passengers to listen for with their head in my lap - makes people in the lane next to me VERY curious.

It is worse on rough roads, dealer said they could look for it but couldn't gaurantee more rattles after taking apart the dash - I'd rather one slight noise to several REALLY annoying ones!

vtecmdnss
07-16-2004, 01:40 PM
Paint On Sideskirt Flaked Off A Lil. Can I Get That Waranteed. An Steering Wheel Consol Wont Snap Properly Into Place.

Ill_eagle94
07-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Some times I try and stick it in reverse and it will not go. I have to let the clutch out juuuuuust a little and it will slide into reverse.

Welcome to a manual transmission... there are no synchros on a reverse gear.

Ill_eagle94
07-16-2004, 02:03 PM
Well, the only problem that really ticked me off was that after I got it home and put in my garage I noticed a dent in the rear hatch. Too late since I had taken it off the lot, but at least it's not terribly noticeable (since the car is white). However I expected a dent free car but someone must have really bumped into it hard to put a dent there. I seriously doubt honda will fix something like this. Even a paintless dent repair person would have to remove some interior panels to get to it.

How long have you had it? I noticed on my way home from picking up the car that my windshield was chipped... they replaced it for me for free.

freidaddy
07-16-2004, 02:18 PM
just the window. others are my fault, i.e. blown engine, dent in left fender, cracked winshield. but all is gonna get fixed.:D

Tomek
07-16-2004, 03:49 PM
Seal on the top of the windshield leaks, causing a howling sound. *edit* after reading I noticed a couple of others had this happen as well.
My thread on it here > http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41792

spookyoen
07-16-2004, 04:42 PM
(knocking on wood)So far the only defects I have found on my EP are these weird drip-like stains in my paint. Ones underneath my driver-side door handle and one beneath and around my passenger side tailight. The dealership is going to have the areas repainted under warranty.

White_Hatchy
07-16-2004, 10:07 PM
I have:
1)grinding gears
2) when the clutch is out it sounds like it is a chain the is dry and still running. The only way to describe this is if you have worked on a quad 4 where the timing chain isnt lubed.
3)Passenger window shaky we down a little to 3/4
4)A "stutter" in accecleration in 2nd and 3rd.

jsonpham
07-17-2004, 12:48 AM
1.) When it's raining my windshield wiper leaves a water mark right in front of my face and i can't see the road.
2.) The sticker on my A/C for open and closed peeled off.
3.) Window goes up slow and barely goes all the way up.
4.) Seat makes noises when i turn.
5.) Car goes to fast when i punch it.... :D

choNy
07-17-2004, 02:18 AM
1 - While my car is rollin backwards slowly, and trying to put it into Reverse, my fkn reverse grinds -_- .

2 - Going into 3rd gear punching it, a little grind (everytime) .

team ERA 5
07-17-2004, 02:26 AM
1 - While my car is rollin backwards slowly, and trying to put it into Reverse, my fkn reverse grinds -_- .

2 - Going into 3rd gear punching it, a little grind (everytime) .

the first one!! its grinding because u need to be at a full stop to put it in reverse! that's how it is...you cant be rolling back then throw it in reverse...it obviously gonna grind

oldschoolimport
07-17-2004, 07:35 AM
4.) Seat makes noises when i turn.

you need to go to honda and tell them to change the seat rails. the crv and accord had terrible problems wit the seat rails wearing out and some civics are doing it also. mine were changed out 6,000 miles ago.

blueiedgod
07-18-2004, 06:10 AM
you need to go to honda and tell them to change the seat rails. the crv and accord had terrible problems wit the seat rails wearing out and some civics are doing it also. mine were changed out 6,000 miles ago.
mine was making noises, i didn't feel like going to the dealer, so i looked around. The mounting bolts were lose, i tightened them and no more noise.

<i>1 - While my car is rollin backwards slowly, and trying to put it into Reverse, my fkn reverse grinds -_- </i>
I have yet to have a Honda with synchros in the reverse gear. I don't think our car is an exception. This is just a Honda quirk, I learnt long time ago to put it in first before reverse.

<i>1.) When it's raining my windshield wiper leaves a water mark right in front of my face and i can't see the road.</i>
Take your car to a carwash, this is just road grime, and maybe sign of deteriorating wiper blade. Replace the blade, it is only designed to last 3-6 months.

serialdriller
07-18-2004, 07:36 AM
Dood i think any car if its moving you arent suppose to put it in reverse. I think u are suppose to be stopped before u put it in reverse.

mine was making noises, i didn't feel like going to the dealer, so i looked around. The mounting bolts were lose, i tightened them and no more noise.

<i>1 - While my car is rollin backwards slowly, and trying to put it into Reverse, my fkn reverse grinds -_- </i>
I have yet to have a Honda with synchros in the reverse gear. I don't think our car is an exception. This is just a Honda quirk, I learnt long time ago to put it in first before reverse.

<i>1.) When it's raining my windshield wiper leaves a water mark right in front of my face and i can't see the road.</i>
Take your car to a carwash, this is just road grime, and maybe sign of deteriorating wiper blade. Replace the blade, it is only designed to last 3-6 months.

tcostello3
07-18-2004, 08:15 AM
The whole damn paint job.

Factory paint these days just looks like crap compared to a good paint shop. Most good paint guys can point out all kinds of stuff for you, it's depressing.

siep
07-18-2004, 09:00 AM
My '04 auto window down/up works intermittently now, my I-VTEC emblem on the manifold cover is peeling halfway off and I'm too pissed at the dealership I bought the car from to bring it back to them. :sadm:

Ill_eagle94
07-18-2004, 11:21 AM
Once again for the people that complain about the reverse gear grind... there is no car with synchros in a reverse gear. You must be completely stopped and someimes you need to let the clutch out a little to get it to go into reverse.

In my life I have owned 3 cars, all sticks and driven a few others and they all do it... dont worry about it, just dont hammer the shit out of your reverse gear.

SBC31
07-18-2004, 03:48 PM
Nothing major, this car is damn sweet, here's a few things from day one, but most have been fixed:

- Right rear speaker vibrated, I took the cover off, and 2 of the screws were not tight. I also added some foam around the speaker to prevent the speaker cover from vibrating.

- Driver's side washer nozzle did leak the first 3 weeks or so, but has since stopped. I have noticed however that when I use the nozzles, the driver's side one seems to hesitate when it first sprays.

- Cruise control buttons have a scratch on them (nothing major) thanks to the car cleaner at my dealer. I could have gotten it replaced, but this is too minor.

- Doors are hard to close some times. Seems that the car is very air tight and many times the doors don't close unless you slam them.

- Hood not aligned properly. Again something I can fix myself by adjusting the little bumpers in the engine bay. For some reason, I've been too lazy to adjust them though. Then again. 99% of the people would not even notice this.

Guess I should add that the driver's window weatherstips had a kink in it, and I had it replaced under warranty. Two plus years with the SiR and it has been alllll goooooood for me... love this car. I've had 5 Honda's before and this is by far the best I've had.

LiLxKeNnY
07-18-2004, 03:53 PM
my rear speaker vibrates real hard