PDA

View Full Version : car recently got keyed

jereds02si
10-16-2003, 12:44 PM
My car got keyed on the passenger side from bumper to bumper. I about cried and then I for some reason left and went looking for the bastard who keyed it. What a pussy, if he has a problem with me he needs to settle it with me and not my car. I'll try to take some pictures of it soon.

Does anyone have any suggestions to how or where I can fix it? When I rubbed the scratch I could feel the paint dust come off the car:'(

02hatchgrl
10-16-2003, 12:54 PM
you can key it worse and file a police report, and then report it to your insurence.

jereds02si
10-16-2003, 12:55 PM
It is already bad. Do you think they will repaint my car or do some hard-core buffing?? But I'm willing to do that because I also have some door dings that I could say were caused by the person who keyed it.

02hatchgrl
10-16-2003, 01:07 PM
you will probably have to pay the deductable. And then it will get repainted.

Tenacious G
10-16-2003, 01:54 PM
sorry to hear about your car getting keyed. my old car was keyed on the passenger side also, pretty much bumper-to-bumper. and 02hatchgrl is right, filing a claim with your insurance will result in you having to pay the deductible (avg. $500-$1000 and assuming you have comprehensive coverage). so depending on the amount of damage, it may not be enough for insurance to cover it. and it may not be worth it because filing a claim may increase your insurance premiums.

take it to a body shop and get some estimates and compare it to your insurance decutible. then decide if it's worth it from there.

JLannoo
10-16-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
[B]filing a claim with your insurance will result in you having to pay the deductible (avg. $500-$1000 and assuming

Nobody should have thier comprehensive set that high. I dont think people realise that lowering you comprehensive deductable doesnt sky rocket your rates to the degree that lowering your collision deductable does.

civicSIracer
10-16-2003, 03:04 PM
my old 00si was keed on almost every fuging panel on the car. hood, trunk, both doors, rear1/4 panel, you name it it was keyed. every panet was repainted by insurance. i have a $0 deductable so it was all free..it does suck man. im sorry to hear this.

Driftin SI
10-16-2003, 03:16 PM
That really sucks. I can't stand gutless turds that do shit like that. Another alternative might be airbrushing if the dmagae isn't really bad. I have seen a couple cars get touched up this way and you can't even tell the difference.

TheMutt
10-16-2003, 05:37 PM
Airbrushing??? :confused:

chubbychu
10-16-2003, 05:45 PM
man...that sucks....dont file an insurance claim...just have someone repaint it it might cost 1000 bucks but itll still be less than a deductable AND a monthly insurance premium increase.

beauy
10-16-2003, 07:10 PM
You dont happen to live in FL. My car got keyed on the passenger side also. From a the door to the hatch. HATERS. To bad he didn't stick by i had my WW2 Mosin Nagant M44 Rifle in the hatch. SUCKS, going to get estimates tommarow :(

maybe get the car painted a custom color to really piss these haters OFF!!!!!:mad:

Chinaboy
10-16-2003, 07:29 PM
is it all the way to the primer? or is it a deep scratch but it is still retaining the color of the car? You bight be able to rub it our yourself by using 3M scratch and sweirl remover. that is after filling in the area with touch up paint, and some 2000 grit sand paper... with ALOT OF WATER... wet sand that shit down and then buff it out with a machine.... 49.00 at Any Pepboys or autozone.

chubbychu
10-16-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Chinaboy
is it all the way to the primer? or is it a deep scratch but it is still retaining the color of the car? You bight be able to rub it our yourself by using 3M scratch and sweirl remover. that is after filling in the area with touch up paint, and some 2000 grit sand paper... with ALOT OF WATER... wet sand that shit down and then buff it out with a machine.... 49.00 at Any Pepboys or autozone.

i dunno i wouldnt trust myself to redo a paintjob.