PDA

View Full Version : Taffeta White Spray paint?

Si02
10-16-2003, 01:03 PM
When I installed my CAI I made the hole bigger and now from not cleaning up the shavings the space where my battery sits on has some rust spots. Can you buy Taffeta White in a can? Thanks

jaydub
10-16-2003, 01:33 PM
Go to a body shop and inquire about getting a can mixed. I know a few guys did this on another board I'm on when they were painting grilles and stuff. Your paint code should be on the driver's door jamb, just take that paint code with you.

ep3si02
10-16-2003, 04:26 PM
check at dicount auto parts. the import color cans have some honda paints. just look for the code and make sure it says honda on the cap. i'm not sure if they have taffeta white

ep pilot
10-16-2003, 08:05 PM
What you really want to do is prime, fill & block the area before hand, then add weld through primer for corrosion protection. If you fail to do it the right way the rust will keep eating through your paint and likely spread.

I figure a good shop might charge you $50 to mix up a can of PPG, be nice about it, as that shop really doesn't have the time to be mixing up paint, when they can be making money on frames and body work, just an FYI.

-Ryan

Si02
10-17-2003, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the info. I have a buddy who works at a body shop so hopefully I can get a good deal. I really don't want to spend 50 bucks to cover up some rust spots.