PDA

View Full Version : Springs vs. Coilovers for my daily driving

Whiteboy
10-16-2003, 04:50 PM
So far my mods consist of a few small exterior details, AEM CAI, and a Magnaflow exhaust. Now it's time to turn my attention to suspension. I'm 17 and I live in the middle of a city with everything I need, and in a year of having this car I've only put 6,000 miles on it.

My question is, considering my low mileage how long do you think stock shocks would last for me with just a set of springs? If getting springs means blowing out my stock shocks too quick I may as well save up for coilovers that will last longer.

chubbychu
10-16-2003, 04:56 PM
either sportlines or prokit.

Civicvtec1ps
10-16-2003, 06:15 PM
tein s tech springs for soft and good daily drive.
your stock shocks will be fine for while

trabadoo22
10-16-2003, 08:11 PM
I say get coilovers. The stock shocks will blow eventually and then you will either have to buy replacement oem shocks or aftermarket shocks. I think it would be much better to get it all done at once. It also depends on if you have enough money too though. If you can buy springs now for $150 and then save for coilovers then that is another option. Who knows you may be able to go 2 years with how much you drive. You just have to keep in mind that blowing the stock shocks is not totally in your control. If you are comfortable with that then just get springs, if not get coilovers.

Whiteboy
10-17-2003, 06:38 AM
It's between saving for Tein Basics, or going with sportlines now. I'm leaning towards sportlines, they're beefy and seem pretty reliable.