PDA

View Full Version : Honda Warranties

phokingphosho
10-16-2003, 06:39 PM
Just curious, if I got carbon fiber hood, headers, exhaust, intake...They couldn't really do anything about my warranty unless the part was the direct cause, correct?

VIZHUNZ02SI
10-16-2003, 08:00 PM
well honda warranty is funny
the whole care is cover except for your wear and tear parts.lets say you lower you car. there goes your suspention warranty a carbon fiber hood wouldnt void it. but ive be told different things by different people in the same dealer ship. one guy said bolt ons won't void the engine warranty. but i asked some else one like 5 minutes later and that guy said yeah if honda found out you had mods they will void your warranty and then i asked a third person and they said that honda would have to prove that you mods damaged the engine. so only thing i could say is either call up honda directly or do some research.

Suomi
10-16-2003, 08:34 PM
US federal law says that the aftermarket parts must be proven to cause a problem in order for the manufacturer to void the warranty on that particular part. So basically the third guy you talked to was right.

edit: PS this is the same for all car manufacturers. It is federal law. At the same time, some dealers are a lot more willing to work with you with aftermarket parts.

dj addicted
10-16-2003, 08:50 PM
agree with Suomi.

j spek chucks
10-16-2003, 09:40 PM
i have a cold air intake and have had my tranny worked on twice they havent said anything about it

Driftin SI
10-17-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Suomi
US federal law says that the aftermarket parts must be proven to cause a problem in order for the manufacturer to void the warranty on that particular part. So basically the third guy you talked to was right.

In total agreement here. The dealer has to prove the part you installed has caused the problem. Some dealer don't like modified cars and don't want to deal with the headaches assiciated with them. Best bet is to check around with the dealers in your area and see what they say, particularly the service manager.

STP03BlueSI
10-17-2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by j spek chucks
i have a cold air intake and have had my tranny worked on twice they havent said anything about it

They shouldnt say ne thing. But if you sucked water up, and ruinned the engine..the your warrenty wouldnt work