PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Koni's?

SI-lent
10-16-2003, 10:45 PM
Where can i buy a set of koni adjustables for the ep? And how much are they?

Thanks, steve.

Civicvtec1ps
10-17-2003, 06:58 AM
www.tornactive.com
search for price

Driftin SI
10-17-2003, 07:01 AM
$590.80 shipped from shox.com

$554.00 + shipping from tornactive.com

BlackNRedSi
10-17-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by SI-lent
Where can i buy a set of koni adjustables for the ep? And how much are they?

Thanks, steve.

ShowStoppersUSA.com

ask for Chuck

02SilverSiHB
10-17-2003, 07:08 AM
550 shipped at www.importhorizon.com best I could find. You have to pay with paypal I believe...at least I did. you'll love the konis :D

02SilverSiHB
10-17-2003, 07:11 AM
make that 531 shipped :D
http://www.importhorizon.com/koniyellow.html

SI-lent
10-17-2003, 10:04 AM
Thanks guys. btw which springs do the work with the best?

Driftin SI
10-17-2003, 11:44 AM
Thanks guys. btw which springs do the work with the best?

Thats a hard question to answer because opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. People have different driving styles and prefer different things: amount of lowering, ride comfort, etc. Give us a better idea of what you use the car for and that will help with the decision making process. A crappy suspension will make you hate your car, be sure you know as much as you can before buying.

02SilverSiHB
10-17-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Driftin SI
Thats a hard question to answer because opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. People have different driving styles and prefer different things: amount of lowering, ride comfort, etc. Give us a better idea of what you use the car for and that will help with the decision making process. A crappy suspension will make you hate your car, be sure you know as much as you can before buying.
well I know I don't like these damn teins with the konis...they suck so bad even the konis can't help. I never got a chance to try my progress springs with them, but I'll find out soon, getting progress today. When I had the skunk2s on there, the ride was unbelievable in the handling department, but too damn rough for me with those skunk2's I had.

SI-lent
10-17-2003, 08:08 PM
im rollin on 18's and the ride is pretty harsh already. i was thinking about a 1.5 inch drop, with Eibach sportlines. Also, are the koni's specificly for our car or is it for the 2001-2003 regular civics? If so do the koni's need modifications?

thanks

02SilverSiHB
10-17-2003, 09:49 PM
im rollin on 18's and the ride is pretty harsh already. i was thinking about a 1.5 inch drop, with Eibach sportlines. Also, are the koni's specificly for our car or is it for the 2001-2003 regular civics? If so do the koni's need modifications?

thanks
they are made for all 01 civics. Modification is needed on all the civics...check out the modification here: http://www.k-series.com/tech_detail.php?Tech_ID=EP_KONI
The install looks scary, but it's actually quite easy, just time consuming. I ended up doing it myself and was very please with the results. The work out great....by the way, the sportlines should be a great match up for the konis. EP33 has that combo and they other day I help boostedsi install his sportlines...by far the best springs I've seen for the si. I've been through progress springs (for both the ex and our car), skunk2, and tein. I'm going to reinstall my progress and see how it feels with the konis..never did do that.

EP33
10-18-2003, 08:19 AM
As stated before don't be scared to do that Koni install yourself. It's not too bad. You will have a lifetime warranty on the Koni's, and IMO the Eibach Sportlines are the best springs I have ever owned. I haven't tried Progress yet. . .and probably won't. VERY happy with Koni & Eibach Sportlines. You will need a rear camber kit too should you decide to get them.

BTW I got my Koni's from Tornactive.

02SilverSiHB
10-18-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by EP33
As stated before don't be scared to do that Koni install yourself. It's not too bad. You will have a lifetime warranty on the Koni's, and IMO the Eibach Sportlines are the best springs I have ever owned. I haven't tried Progress yet. . .and probably won't. VERY happy with Koni & Eibach Sportlines. You will need a rear camber kit too should you decide to get them.

BTW I got my Koni's from Tornactive.
I let you know how the progress matches up. If they don't match up to the feel of my friends ride on sportlines...I'm getting them :D oh boy...how many set of springs is that going to be...ah yeah 5 :D