PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Driver and Passenger Seat Belts

Aaron 02 Si
10-18-2003, 09:36 PM
When I am done driving, I unlatch my seatbelt, and the seat belt "revolver-thing" doesn't take my seat belt all the way back. Is this a bad spring mechanism in the seat belt? It just dangles somewhat when I hit the seatbelt button to release it. Any suggestions to improve this? Does anybody have this same problem? Constructive comments only relating to this matter.

BarracksSi
11-02-2003, 01:07 PM
I'm assuming that this is happening whether the door is open or closed, correct? Does it return the seat belt slowly, or not at all?

Could be a bad spring, could be dust in the mechanism. My '86 Si had a slow return mechanism that was cured by simply cleaning it out.

If you don't want to take off the panel and fiddle with it on your own, go ahead and take it to a dealer. I don't remember having to pay for their work on my old seatbelt, either -- something about being required to make sure that passenger safety systems work properly (either that, or it was really easy for them to fix.. lol).

teejoh
11-09-2003, 12:27 PM
...."safety" systems (seat belts) in your car are warrentied for life. I had the same problem in my 88 CRX Si and took it in to the dealer last year/ problemed solved know questions asked.