PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!!my car wont start

javi2002whitesi
10-19-2003, 07:36 PM
hey guys i recently got a clifford g5 550 alarm installed.(about a week ago)and today when i went to go on my lunch break from work my car would not start. The weird thing is that when i turn the ignition to the second position none of my gauges moved and none of my indicator lights turned on very weird. so i figure it might be the battery so i take it to a discount auto parts across from my job to get the battery checked n the guy tells me the battery needs to be replaced but he doesnt have my size. so i send my gf to sears to buy a battery for me when she comes back i install it and godamnit it still wont start. i am stumped i try fukin with the alarm because i remember it has a engine imbolizer feature but nothing. could the guy that did my alarm not have wired it properly and i could have a faulty relay.i dunno im stumped and i dont want to take it to the dealer cuz they are gonna give me shit about the aftermarket alarm along with my other mods.im pretty sure its the install on the fukin alarm and 1st thing tomorow morning im gonna go rip them a new one cuz thanx to them i had to leave my car @ my job and i have no car right now.

well any help is appreciated

thanx

javier:'(

Brettnyt
10-19-2003, 08:08 PM
Woah... so it wouldnt turn over or anything? Not even any lights?

javi2002whitesi
10-19-2003, 08:09 PM
lights worked so did the radio, and it would turn over but the engine just would not start

Brettnyt
10-19-2003, 08:16 PM
Mine did that same thing, it was a faulty ground wire... Still fails to start occasionally, but i think its just the key... I just let out the clutch, take out the key, put it back in, and it normally starts if i wait for a few seconds... Id say its a pretty good guess that it is a faulty ground wire... It will be fixed under warranty...

TrippZ
10-19-2003, 08:16 PM
loose/faulty ground wire?

how many miles do you have?

javi2002whitesi
10-19-2003, 08:18 PM
15000 should i take it str8 to the dealer or speak with the shop that did my alarm first?

TrippZ
10-19-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
Mine did that same thing, it was a faulty ground wire... Still fails to start occasionally, but i think its just the key... I just let out the clutch, take out the key, put it back in, and it normally starts if i wait for a few seconds... Id say its a pretty good guess that it is a faulty ground wire... It will be fixed under warranty...

haha jinx

Brettnyt
10-19-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ
haha jinx

LOL, nice...

javi2002whitesi
10-19-2003, 08:56 PM
so do you think it was due to the alarm install??

Brettnyt
10-19-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by javi2002whitesi
so do you think it was due to the alarm install??

Could be, if they were messin with all the wiring (which i suppose they had to be, to instal an alarm) but either way, it should be a quick and easy fix and cost u nothing.

javi2002whitesi
10-19-2003, 09:07 PM
thats good but i allready wasted 60 bucks on the new battery which turns out i dont really need. but oh well hopefully its something stupid like u said.
thanks for ur help i feel a lil better now.

bobdobbs
10-19-2003, 09:20 PM
My first suspicion would be the starter kill relay, so I'd take it to the alarm guys first. If you can't get it started, get an install manual for the alarm (from www.directed.com) and see if you can trace the alarm wires to make sure it's all still connected.